Contact Methods

• AIM admiraleyesbar
  • Website URL http://henrybuckmusic.com

Profile Information

• Gender Male
  • Location Massachusetts

Recent Profile Visitors

10519 profile views
  1. It gives you a choice of different services to redeem the film from: iTunes, Google Play, Amazon, etc., but once you choose one you're locked in. I went with iTunes, and fortunately it did include all the extras, including the deleted scene of Maz's castle.
  2. It's not necessarily this music vs. the Starkiller music. Assuming the music for Han's death starts at 1:25 in the clip, the music is about 40 seconds long. The film/album version takes about 30 seconds before going into the Starkiller Reprise. Doesn't quite match, but this clip seems to only cover the beginning of the moment, not Han's body falling away, Leia's reaction, and so forth.
  3. Maybe the shorter version is the one from the end credits, assuming each part of the end credits was recorded separately.
  4. Interesting. I agree with you that the transition in ROTS was stilted, but the TFA modification of itfixed everything, I thought. If you were looking for an authentic V-I cadence it's not that, but the harmonic rhythm and trajectory felt right to me. I can't qualify it further. It is pretty embarrassing, though, that the crash cymbals are half a beat off on the downbeat of the end credits. I think it's an editing issue, not a performance one.
  5. So does the Resistance March actually disappear from the score just a couple minutes after it's introduced? It's a little strange that this boisterous new theme isn't included in the Starkiller battle, although I think Scherzo for X-Wingsis fine as it is.
  6. The Force Awakens Disney Records OST

Womp. Okay, thanks for the info.
  7. The Force Awakens Disney Records OST

Hey guys, I remember reading some discussion that the HD release (HDTracks etc) was "faked," upsampled from CD-quality files. However, I haven't been able to track this thread down on JWFan or on the entire internet. Can anyone relink to that discussion?
  8. The fanfare at the beginning of the FYC version of "Snoke" and the fanfare for the reveal of the star destroyer (Main Title and the Attack on the Jakku Village @ 1:35): pretty much the same, yeah? Some sort of First Order fanfare? It also seems like the low string figure at 4:12 in the end credits has something to do with this motif.
  9. The worst part of the prequel politics was thebarely-veiled criticism of a certain president in Revenge of the Sith. Not saying I agree or disagree with what was implied - I know, I'm not allowed - just saying that the execution came across as incredibly conceited and broke the fourth wall for me. Lucas isn't as smart as he thinks he is.
  10. Just wondering: are we positive that OST "Snoke" is a concert arrangement? I feel like it would fitSnoke's second scene pretty well in a chronological edit, even if the music doesn't quite match. Am I remembering correctly that that scene took place between "Han and Leia" and "The Bombing Run"? I know somebody (Jay?) posted a speculative complete cue list, but I can't find it
  11. Just going to speculate a little. In the middle of "Torn Apart" we hear essentially an exact reprise of "The Starkiller." It's certainly effective, but I do wonder whether Williams wrote some other options for that scene - maybe even the tragic version of Han and Leia's theme that we all expected. Another reason I'm looking forward to the unreleased, unused music.
  12. It's a very chameleonic theme. I was conscious that I was hearing something throughout the film but I couldn't latch onto the melody. I kept expecting to hear "The Jedi Steps," which we thought was Rey's theme, so that distracted me as well. During my second viewing, by which time I had listened to the album several times, the themes were clear as day. Not just Rey's, but Poe's heroic fanfare, the March of the Resistance, all that.
  13. The Force Awakens ALBUM Discussion (No Film Spoilers)

​Somewhat mystified by the lukewarm reactions to this one. It has all the strengths of modern Williams and few of the weaknesses. And I think the few nods to the original trilogy style are more credible than anything in the prequel scores. (I'm talking about stuff like breezy, optimistic passages of music with a biting "wrong note" underneath - he used to do that all the time.) It corrects what was a very clunky transition in Revenge of the Sith.
  14. The Force Awakens ALBUM Discussion (No Film Spoilers)

I can't say I was terribly excited by Snoke's theme, but after seeing the film I understand why Williams didn't write a new Emperor's theme. Palpatine was a very religious figure: a demon, anti-Christ, etc. Grand choruses of doom suited him well. We don't really know anything about Snoke, but I get a different vibe. He seems more animalistic, and perhaps someone with a bone to pick, not a secret conspirator all his life.