• Rank
    Veteran

Contact Methods

• Website URL
    http://www.celluloidtunes.no

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

15457 profile views
  1. Of course, in the real world, a person can perhaps survive severed legs, but could he survive just being a torso (without genitals or a digestive system)? And what is the timeframe one would need to save that person's life after such an injury? These are the crucial medical questions we must ask!
  2. Elliot Goldenthal

Ah, you're right. I just looked next to B&R. I considered posting my own collection pic as a response to the tweet, but then realized that my ROSWELL boot would not sit well with the man himself.
  3. Elliot Goldenthal

Yeah, I saw that. Great shot!
  4. John Williams Discography

I think there's still a lot of stuff we don't know that he worked on in 1956 and 1957. There are no films or TV compositions in this period that I'm aware of, so it was ALL session work -- whether for films, jazz albums or other entertainment albums. Mostly as pianist, sometimes as arranger. So it had to be a certain amount to sustain a livelihood. We've covered quite a bit of it, but there's still a way to go to unearth it all.
  5. Elliot Goldenthal

There is no S.W.A.T. in the photo. Btw, for laughs and giggles, here's my own physical EG collection. I'm missing a few of the recent concert work CDs. I also have several things in digital file format only. As you can see -- deliciously free of C&C releases!
  6. "Monsignor"

Yes, there's that. There's also -- if I remember the plot correctly (it's been years since I saw it last) -- the fact that it's mostly about forced political intrigue inside the Vatican, so again not something that perhaps calls for the type of glorious Williams pastorality/religiousity รก la "Angela's Prayer" from ANGELA'S ASHES.
  7. Elliot Goldenthal

That is correct. It's probably that (I have that too, btw, it's a great one).
  8. "Monsignor"

The score is great for what it is (for a bad movie), but curiously absent of Williams' trademark religious/pastoral sound, given the subject matter.
  9. Well, the whole last part of the movie is construed in a way that opens up for a sequel (and not only the Darth Maul bit), so I would be very, very surprised if one doesn't happen.
  10. The Amazing Electronic Music Thread

Speaking of Sakamoto, have you seen the CODA documentary from last year? It's my second favourite film of the year so far (it's a 2018 movie in Norway).
  11. Yeah, probably. But they're doing more Han movies, and it's in synch with the animated shows, apparently, so it will be explained properly later on.
  12. Sure, absolutely. I just found it an odd criticism for a film like this. But hey, whatever gets your mojo going (or not).
  13. Ha, ha...really? I can understand someone not liking it for a myriad of reasons (not enough mythological stuff, being too "light" etc.), but boring?!? I'd even argue it's one of the least boring STAR WARS films.
  14. Too bad. You're missing out on one of the best films in the franchise.