• MSN
    olorin01@hotmail.com
  • Website URL
    http://

Profile Information

Finland the fierce land of polar bears and penguins

Recent Profile Visitors

27359 profile views
  1. Well I can skip this as I own most of these. My wallet thanks.
  2. The music like the films gave a lot of way to the dwarves at the expense of Bilbo in the sequels, no matter how much there was sharing of common musical elements in the themes.
  3. No that explanation came from the film makers. I can't for the life of me remember where it first appeared.
  4. Hopefully with more stickers and a fold-out poster plus 4 more stills from the film in the booklet!
  5. That is the film makers' explanation, not a very cunning ruse indeed.
  6. Would you like me to leave JWFan?

Well, here at last, dear friends, on the shores of this thread comes the end of our fellowship in JWFan. Go in peace! I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil. When evening in the JWFan was grey his typing in General Discussion was heard; before the dawn he went away on journey long without a word. From Williams to Zimmer to Howard Shore, from northern waste to southern hill through John Williams section and hidden door and Other Topics he walked at will. With Lee and Stefan, Disco Stu, with JW and with Zimmer folk, with Inky, Thor and Jay stayed true and in their common tongue he spoke. A biting word, a healing hand, a back that bent beneath its load; a trumpet-voice, a burning brand, a weary pilgrim on the road. A lord of wisdom throned he sat, swift in anger, quick to laugh; A battle-weary writer this would many on the MB miss. He stood upon the board alone cynics and embittered both defied; his keyboard broken was on stone, in JWFan his wisdom dried.
  7. I think it took about 6 to 8 months in all. Plus the endless tweaks I have made over the years since I first posted it here.
  8. I found it somewhat disheartening that Shore and PJ decided to drop the Company theme in any form in the sequels. I know they were going for a "uncharted dangerous lands beyond the Misty Mountains" feel where nothing was supposed to feel familiar and safe but in the process the heroes lost some of their musical identity (whether it would have been Shore's theme or Misty Mountains). We do have the dwarven themes still but something linked to both Bilbo and the dwarves would have been very welcome glimmer of camaraderie and team spirit in the midst of all the darkness and danger the sequels seem to offer almost non-stop.
  9. No one has done analysis of the second score here as far as I am aware. I was kind of tempted but the whole amount of delving into the adaptation, of who did what (Ross/Williams) and what was tracked etc. kind of dissuaded me from doing it. Perhaps I'll gather up energy and courage enough to write it someday.
  10. Yes. Until it goes out of print and it becomes RARE and more expensive than gold! And yes it is a good album indeed!
  11. What's The Last Book You Read?

I thought the script was a bit anemic and the main couple lacked suitable chemistry in Partners in Crime but I agree that the 1983 version is much better and livelier and fun adaptation (I have seen a couple of episodes). Annis and Warwick had just the perfect charm and banter to them.
  12. Accidental Tourist concert version?

Ah I had no idea. Thanks for the info Maurizio!