• Announcements

• Andreas

Migration complete   11/26/16

Hi JWFAN.COM members,   FINAL UPDATE:   The migration is complete. - Switch to the new webserver - Install the latest wordpress and invisionboard updates - You can use https to use this website.
      (Warning: You will see a error message that some elements are not secure.
      This is normal. The most links/pictures use a normal http connection. And this elements are un-secure. But when you use a website like this: https://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/login/ Without any external links the website is 100% secure and https This is optinal, you can use http without any problems!   Please use this topic for any new bugs, performance problems or other comments:  
      Andreas (Admin)   ----   UPDATA 2: Server migration in the next few hours.     Update: The migration need more time.   5-11. Dec. 2016.   The server is ready, a dedicated system:   Intel Xeon® E3-1225v3 Quad-Core 32 GB DDR3 RAM 2x 512 GB SSD   New os: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS Plesk Onyx Management system
      Server backup 250 GB, not the same datacenter. External backup   Server location: DataDock in Strasbourg
      Fully redundant MPLS ring structure with a total capacity of 550 Gbit/s Core backbone Frankfurt-Strasbourg: 100 Gbit, Deutsche Telekom: 17x 10Gbit,
      Level(3): 10x 10Gbit, TeliaSonera: 8x 10Gbit, Cogent: 5x 10Gbit, Telefónica: 3x 10Gbit,
      DE-CIX: 6 x 10Gbit, ECIX: 6 x 10 Gbit Uptime 99.99%  (Network)     server migration next weekend.
      3 or 4. Dec. 2016.   I post a update when I start the migration.
      JWFAN.COM is offline for 3-4 hours.   Andreas  

Max

Members
  • Content count

• Last visited

• Days Won

Max last won the day on May 28 2015

Max had the most liked content!

About Max

• Rank
    Regular Poster
  • Birthday

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

2604 profile views
  1. Maybe Pixar asked them to take it down because they haven't made an official announcement yet?
  2. I guess we should take this with a grain of salt until it is confirmed, but according to this photo, it would appear that Michael Giacchino has already composed the score for Pixar's Coco! I hope this turns out to be true. It could be a colorful score from him!
  3. When Disney put the Star Wars Rebels soundtracks for sale on iTunes/Amazon/etc. last month, the soundtracks (and therefore track lists) didn't show up until the day they were released. Maybe that will be the case here?
  4. I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, but the soundtrack will be released digitally this Friday, October 21! I can't wait to hear the rest of this score!
  5. I love that! I've been listening to it on a loop with the suites for Super Mario and Megaman. The rendition of Hyrule Field in this almost brings me to tears. Wonderful performance! I'd love it if we could get clean recordings like this for the Symphony of the Goddesses medleys not included on the Skyward Sword CD!
  6. So J.A. Bayona, the director of Jurassic World 2, posted this on Twitter for Giacchino's birthday yesterday. Could this be a confirmation that Giacchino is returning for Jurassic World 2, which will be the fifth movie in the franchise (hence the hand)? I really, really hope so!!
  7. Was there any actual confirmation that Giacchino had signed? It would make sense that Zimmer would be the composer since he and the director have worked together many times before. At any rate, I would take Rogue One from Giacchino over this any day.
  8. I was always pretty skeptical of Giacchino's involvement. Aside from that tweet, the only other sources were IMDb and Wikipedia, neither of which are that reliable. That article you linked to in the original post just listed a few of his credits from IMDb, as evidenced by the inclusion of The Tale of the Kite, which is only mentioned on IMDb. So I don't think Giacchino dropped out as much as he was never involved to begin with.
  9. Hans Zimmer to Score DreamWorks Animation’s The Boss Baby
  10. Soundtracks for Season 1 and Season 2 will be released later this month. Season 1 will be released on September 16 and will have 28 tracks, while Season 2 will be released on September 30 and will have 33 tracks. I hate that they didn't release soundtracks for individual seasons of The Clone Wars. I'm doing a rewatch of the series now, and I have a greater appreciation for some of Kiner's work, especially in the later seasons. (The officially released soundtrack contains several tracks from Season 1 of the show, which aren't as good as those from later seasons. I feel like the tracks released on Kiner's website do a better job at representing the series, but there are still a ton of great cues unreleased.) The score for Rebels Season 1 annoyed me with its heavy (and unnecessary) use of Williams' themes and melodies, but there were some standouts in my opinion, like the Season 1 finale. I hope those cues make it onto the soundtrack. Season 2 was better overall, with several standouts throughout the season culminating in that amazing finale, which is hands down the best scoring I have ever heard from Kiner. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they include those cues on the soundtrack.
  11. Person of Interest might be one of my favorite shows ever. It starts off as a case-of-the-week show to hook viewers but becomes a serialized story with exciting arcs, compelling characters, a deep mythology, and cool action. More like a sci-fi superhero show than a by-the-numbers detective show. Kind of like Fringe with its blend of episodic and serialized stories. I love them both.