• Announcements

• Jay

PLEASE DONATE to JWFAN if you can!   08/16/16

Hello JWFan members,   The team behind JWFan needs your help!   We need annual donations to keep our community running   This is for the domain name, IPBoard license, and server space.   We hope you can help use with a donation of any size.   Use this link or the link on the mainpage. Thank you!   The Administration team

libraloco

Members
  • Content count

• Last visited

About libraloco

• Rank
    Regular Poster

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

2469 profile views
  1. Recording now at Abbey Road! https://twitter.com/m_giacchino/status/76208338120723660
  2. This could be exciting! Though, as far as 2017 Marvel films go, I would rather have him score Thor: Ragnarok. I feel like the fantasy elements of Thor: Ragnarok would lend itself to some awesome themes from Giacchino. Plus it would fit into his schedule more easily than Spider-Man: Homecoming would.
  3. I've listened to this score almost nonstop since it came out, and I absolutely love it! I feel like that hiatus Giacchino took between John Carter (my favorite score by him) and Star Trek Into Darkness really gave him some time to grow. It might just be the difference between Wallin's and Iwataki's mixing, but I feel like Giacchino's style has evolved in the last few years, and I love it! (Zootopia might be the only exception--that one still hasn't grown on me after about a dozen listens or so.) Also, Giacchino must love scenes that show off locations. "Night on the Yorktown," "Pin-Ultimate Experience," and "As the Jurassic World Turns" all three show off important locations in their films (Yorktown, Tomorrowland, and Jurassic World, respectively), and I would count them all as highlights of their respective scores. Those kinds of scenes give Giacchino a great opportunity to showcase themes, and he does!
  4. Hey, Richard! Welcome back to you, too! I've been around, but I've been pretty busy this summer and haven't posted much lately. I usually show up for Giacchino or Williams news.
  5. I hate to hear that. I did think it was odd that the movie was only a month away and we still hadn't seen a trailer. Oh well... This opens about a month before War for the Planet of the Apes (July 14, 2017) now.
  6. Interesting... I saw that on his Wikipedia page a few days ago, but I didn't think it was actually happening (The LEGO Batman Movie was on there, too, but it had been confirmed by that point that he *wasn't* scoring that one).
  7. That's the one! The piece starts around 9:00 but doesn't really get going until around 10:15-12:00. It also appears from 8:00-8:45.
  8. According to the live stream on Facebook with Giacchino preparing with the orchestra, this theme represents "what the 5-year mission means." They played the theme in full, too--there's another climax that happens right when this clip cuts off. It sounds great!! I can't wait to hear it on the soundtrack!
  9. And yet another clip!
  10. Another clip! It sounds like the same melody as the choir clip, but with the orchestra this time. This sounds gorgeous!
  11. A small clip of the choir rehearsal for the live premiere:
  12. Oops! My bad. I haven't checked that thread since I've been at work. I should've looked before I posted!
  13. The early reactions to the movie have been very positive. I can't wait to hear the cue this tweet is referring to! https://twitter.com/davidehrlich/status/753433016551280640