• Announcements

• Jay

Donation time at JWFan   01/16/18

Hello!

For those who may not know, JWFan relies entirely on donations to keep running.  Donations pay for our server bills, as well as keeping our domain and Invision Powerboard fees.
      As an incentive to donate, I am offering a series of free CDS to anyone who donates over a certain amount!   Last time this was a modest success, where I raised $500 of our desired $1,000 and mailed out 3 free CDs to lucky JWFanners.  This time I'll be doing the raffling a littler different!   Our goal is $1000 once again, and I will have four tiers of free CDs you can win once again.  But this time, the more you donate, the more entries into each raffle you'll get!   Each $10 you donate gets your name put into the raffle mug once for the $10 pool, twice for the $20 pool, thrice for the $30 pool, and five times into the $50 pool.  Here is the list of CDs you can win - and I have more to add at a later time when I get a little more organized (I'll post what they are by Friday at the latest)   The $10 pool (Every $10 you donate gets you one ticket into this pool) - will be drawn as soon as we hit $250 donated Tyler Bates - God of War; Ascension (OST, La La Land Records) Danny Elfman - Planet of the Apes (OST, Sony) Danny Elfman - Taking Woodstock (OST, La La Land Records) Christopher Lennertz - Identity Thief (OST, La La Land Records) Christopher Lennertz - Medal of Honor: Rising Sun (OST) Michael Giacchino - Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (OST, Varese Sarabande) Dave Holmes & Various - Ocean's 11 (OST, WB Records) Joel McNeely & Various - Hollywood '94 (Varese Sarabande) Joe Kraemer - Jack Reacher (OST, La La Land Records) John Williams - Born on the Fourth of July (OST, MCA Records)   The $20 pool (Every $10 you donate gets you two ticket into this pool, must donate at least $20 to be eligible) - will be drawn as soon as we hit $500 donated John Barry - First Love (La La Land) Jerry Goldsmith - The Challenge (La La Land) Jerry Goldsmith - In Harm's Way (2009 Intrada edition) Jerry Goldsmith - The Red Pony (Varese) Alan Silvestri - Dutch (La La Land) Shirley Walker - Willard (La La Land) John Williams - Family Plot (Varese Sarabande) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer   The $30 pool (Every $10 you donate gets you three ticket into this pool, must donate at least $30 to be eligible) - will be drawn as soon as we hit $750 donated James Horner - Gorky Park (OOP Kritzerland Edition) James Newton Howard - Outbreak (2CD, Varese Deluxe Edition) Laurence Rosenthal - Clash of the Titans (2CD, Intrada) John Williams - The Fury (2CD, La La Land) John Williams - Jane Eyre (OOP, La La Land) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer   The $50 pool (Every $10 you donate gets you five ticket into this pool, must donate at least $50 to be eligible) - will be drawn as soon as we hit $1,000 donated Jerry Fielding - The Wild Bunch (3CD, FSM) Ira Newborn - The Naked Gun trilogy (3CD, La La Land) Shirley Walker and Various - Batman: The Animated Series Volume 3 (4CD, La La Land) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer     All shipping will be paid by me to anywhere in the world!   I will pull names from a hat for each pool, and you get to pick whatever CD set you want if I pull your name!   To be eligible, leave your JWFan username in the comments area of your donation.  If you want to donate but not be in the running for a free CD, mention that in the comment.   Use this link or the link on the mainpage.       Thank you!   Jason, Ricard, and Andreas.

hornist

Members
  • Content count

• Last visited

• Days Won

hornist last won the day on March 9 2014

hornist had the most liked content!

About hornist

• Rank
    Sniper/Center

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

12498 profile views
  1. Williams confirms EPISODE IX !!

It is awesome and also quite long...
  2. Williams confirms EPISODE IX !!

I have performed the Ring cycle three times(french horn/ wagner tuba), it's great but I thing I'm done now. But, Parsifal is better than everything!!;
  3. Williams confirms EPISODE IX !!

Yes!!! The norwegians here seem to be pretty clever!!
  4. Williams confirms EPISODE IX !!

This is exactly what I would write if I had that talent.
  5. Williams confirms EPISODE IX !!

Yes. I should understand that there are people who do not like that brassy scores....for me they are just perfect. Oh, you edited, so I'll add that the human voice parts in Lotr are the only ones I like. Except those horrible end credit songs
  6. Williams confirms EPISODE IX !!

Simply because it is masterfully written and orchestrated music and yes, you are right, I appreciate those studio musicians pretty much. The brass section and especially horn sound is amazing. When they blast the Rose's theme(not liked here) in some action track with 10 horn unisono you MUST love that!! The Fathiers is probably closest what is the most perfect music for me. And the building of the excitement to the perfect rendition of Rey's theme(horns again) in The Battle of Crait is one of the best in JW's career. And the album is full of those highlights plus in cinema there was so much more!! I sincerely love TLJ and John Williams. And the fact he is still writing brilliant music at such a high age Hornist - gonna see his idol in April in Chicago Then I must apologize to live longer.
  7. Please ignore me!! I can pay for that.
  8. Yep I will. That was just a reference I've reading here lately and I went too far, sorry, my bad. But seriously?
  9. Mark is just a fanboy!!!! He should know that zimmer is so much better and shore has hundrets of themes in lotr, more than anyone. No matter they are all shit but there are horde of themes. Williams cannot write songs any more!!!
  10. Williams confirms EPISODE IX !!

Brexit, Trump and now this what is wrong in this world???
  11. plus too ADHD for normal people
  12. Williams confirms EPISODE IX !!

He should orchestrate more.
  13. The Post (2017) FILM Discussion

edit truman show in timing