• Announcements

• Jay

Donate to JWFan, win a CD!   05/30/17

Hello!

We are significantly behind on our funds for keeping JWFan alive, and need to collect donations again.
      As an incentive, I am offering a series of free CDS to anyone who donates over a certain amount!   Donate at least $10 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $250 goal:   Tyler Bates - God of War; Ascension (OST, La La Land Records) Danny Elfman - Planet of the Apes (OST, Sony) Danny Elfman - Taking Woodstock (OST, La La Land Records) Christopher Lennertz - Identity Thief (OST, La La Land Records) Christopher Lennertz - Medal of Honor: Rising Sun (OST) Michael Giacchino - Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (OST, Varese Sarabande) Dave Holmes & Various - Ocean's 11 (OST, WB Records) Joel McNeely & Various - Hollywood '94 (Varese Sarabande) Joe Kraemer - Jack Reacher (OST, La La Land Records) John Williams - Born on the Fourth of July (OST, MCA Records)   Donate at least $20 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $500 goal:   John Barry - First Love (La La Land) Jerry Goldsmith - The Challenge (La La Land) Jerry Goldsmith - In Harm's Way (2009 Intrada edition) Jerry Goldsmith - The Red Pony (Varese) Alan Silvestri - Dutch (La La Land) Shirley Walker - Willard (La La Land) John Williams - Family Plot (Varese Sarabande) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer   Donate at least $30 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $750 goal:   James Horner - Gorky Park (OOP Kritzerland Edition) James Newton Howard - Outbreak (2CD, Varese Deluxe Edition) Laurence Rosenthal - Clash of the Titans (2CD, Intrada) John Williams - The Fury (2CD, La La Land) John Williams - Jane Eyre (OOP, La La Land) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer   Donate at least $50 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $1,000 goal:   Jerry Fielding - The Wild Bunch (3CD, FSM) Ira Newborn - The Naked Gun trilogy (3CD, La La Land) Shirley Walker and Various - Batman: The Animated Series Volume 3 (4CD, La La Land) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer     All shipping will be paid by me to anywhere in the world!   I will pull names from a hat for each pool, and you get to pick whatever CD set you want if I pull your name!   To be eligible, leave your JWFan username in the comments area of your donation.  If you want to donate but not be in the running for a free CD, mention that in the comment.   Use this link or the link on the mainpage.       Thank you!   Jason, Ricard, and Andreas.

Quintus

Members
  • Content count

• Last visited

• Days Won

Quintus last won the day on May 20

Quintus had the most liked content!

1 Follower

About Quintus

• Rank
    BS Detective
  • Birthday 05/02/77

Contact Methods

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

34862 profile views
  1. But Drax, these women look past 30?
  2. "The Twin Peaks ratings are actually good"
  3. If only they'd have put solar panels on it they could have warmed up Castle Black just nice.
  4. What a gang rape of a movie that turned out to be.
  5. The last one in particular. It's probably why I thought it was a weaker episode.
  6. It was that sudden acceleration of his negative state of mind and the rush in the editing of his final resolve which bothered me about it. Actually, there was a moment earlier in this season where I thought he might call it a day, and I'd have probably found that more dramatically natural and satisfying.
  7. I wonder if there are any filmed interviews with McKean where he talks about this character and the show. I'm gonna google it.
  8. Good for him, he should stop feeling sorry for himself.
  9. Was you talking about Trump or Justin here? I thought we were talking about the latter.
  10. My view is Chuck's condition has always been a proxy one - brought on by the nervous breakdown he suffered after his wife left him. We have various coping mechanisms when depressed and his basically just isn't a very good one, so he effectively shuts down from the world. He's in a state of massive denial about everything, as we know, and it's about as acute as it gets.
  11. Worked well in the Lord of the Rings. I'm up for it.
  12. I keep seeing the annoying hastag "winter is here" following the release of the latest trailer. I haven't watched it, but does this mean they're kicking off the assumed war to end all wars this season rather than next year's final one? If so, good.
  13. It was the sexual violence remarks made here which did it. I don't knowingly grant depraved people the ability to peruse my private FB account. It was disappointing actually, as yours was one of the more entertaining profiles I became privy to.
  14. With the various intricacies of the plot being so spread out over weeks anyone would be forgiven for forgetting that Bad Coop originally wanted to get into the prison, for some reason, which is exactly what I did. This latest episode was definitely a better one though. There was some recognisable momentum there, which is what I need, on occasion.
  15. The handling of that character's final denouncement doesn't sit right with me, I expected something much more deft from Gilligan. One the best I've had the pleasure to watch, I've said it before that I thought Chuck was this show's pièce de résistance. Michael McKean is a class act.