About Quintus

• Rank
    BS Detective
  • Birthday 05/02/77

Contact Methods

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

36318 profile views
  1. Things you've never done. The zero thread.

Cheers. I know you're already aware of what went down, but I thought the chaps might enjoy the story.
  2. Would you like me to leave JWFan?

I post in waves. I'll post a hell of a lot of junk in a short period of time, and then I'll retreat from the site for a few days. I'm an impulsive member here nowadays rather than the highly proactive debater I was for many years. I only post when I see opportunities. At the beginning of this month the threads were dry, so I saw no opportunities. I stayed away for a few days. That would have been unheard of behaviour from me only a couple of years ago.
  3. Things you've never done. The zero thread.

Speaking of cars, mine was stolen before my very eyes four weeks ago, it's been a pain in the arse month all told. I sprinted towards my car in a vain attempt to stop it, and I did grab the door handle, but he was able to drive away. Beholding a stranger climbing into the driver's side of one's car and pulling away... it's a nightmarishly hopeless thing to see, let me tell you. Anyway, a nearby van driver witnessed all this and told me to jump in and we gave pursuit. I did not expect to see my car again, but there he was, sitting in the queue at the traffic lights further on down the road. We pincered my car in by pulling up alongside and I jumped out and began banging on the window and trying [impossibly] to force open the door before the lights changed. The cunt inside looked very surprised to see me. Unfortunately, the car behind would not close him in (understandably, in hindsight) and so the thief, panicked, was able to very aggressively reverse up onto the curb, squeeze his way out of the queue, and off he sped down the road; the white van that had assisted me racing off after him. I'd heard a crunch during the maneuver and there was a chunk of large bodywork from the front of my car on the road, torn off. I was stood in the middle of the traffic while spectators just sat there looking bewildered from behind their wheels. It was all very surreal, the whole thing. So then once I got my wits about me again, I called up the police as I was walking back up the hill to my place of work, and I could not for the life of me remember my reg plate number, so I asked him to call me back in a couple of minutes in order to give me time to ring my wife and ask her what it was (while having to inform her of what just happened). The police did ring me right back, and before I told them the number they told me it - informing me that the car had been in a collision! The fucker, who was intoxicated, high, uninsured and disqualified had been speeding so much trying to escape the area that he collided with another car at a junction, a Mazda being delivered to its new owner, writing both cars off. Luckily, the other driver wasn't hurt. I was later told that the gutter cunt responsible was apprehended by a local resident, an off duty police officer. He was spotted hiding in some bushes. So anyway, after all the hassles a stolen car brings, I finally picked up the replacement motor only on Wednesday this week. I'm very happy with it actually. After all is said and done the prick did us a favour, because we wanted rid of the 7-seater people carrier anyway, but we had been tied into the finance for another two years. This incident, which was an enormously stressful inconvenience for three long weeks, allowed us to get rid much sooner than we should have been able to. It worked out.
  4. Would you like me to leave JWFan?

Wow, new levels of trash on display here. I may not be the classiest guy around, but jeez.
  5. Video Game Thread II

You're saying you like freeform emergent gameplay in a robust sandbox. I do too. It's actually extremely rare to find such design done well . The Arkham games use the Zelda template btw (same as first person Metroid).
  6. Would you like me to leave JWFan?

Lol come on mate, it's Jay.
  7. America

I'm just finishing off on this Joan Crawford marathon after pulling an all nighter and I'll be right there, get the popcorn in.
  8. What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

The reboot looks curious.
  9. America

I could do that, it'd be seamless. Always can't be all that bad I bet.
  10. Would you like me to leave JWFan?

Jay
  11. America

Just the two of us. I'd ask him to put his phone on silent so as not to be disturbed by Justin.
  12. Would you like me to leave JWFan?

He boxed himself in with that one when he replied to Steef in the way he does.
  13. Would you like me to leave JWFan?

It'll be killing him!
  14. America

Perfect.
  15. What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

One of the reasons the original is the best is the chemistry (lustful and romantic) between the two main characters. I was gutted for Damon at the start of the second film.