• Birthday 05/02/77

Contact Methods

• ICQ 0

Profile Information

• Gender Male
  • Location Rhyl Sun Centre

Recent Profile Visitors

30934 profile views
  1. That's the thing, looking for TV show 'perfection' is a fool's game anyway. Every great show I can think of has at least minor flaws, or indeed weak(er) seasons. If we avoided TV productions based on their lesser parts the so-called golden age wouldn't even exist.    Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead are all over the place (the latter much less so these days), but I still watch them avidly each year. Because overall they are worth the investment. 
  2.   I seem to recall my goto TV guy friend watched it (he's abandoned film altogether) and said it was very good. That's always good enough for me, and usually means I'll at least look into a recommendation. 
  3.   The Sopranos and Breaking Bad are the finest television I've seen. I might watch it again someday.    Thinking about it, The Sopranos was my entry point into what is now the modern American television phenomenon. It was probably the point at which the English started using the term 'season' instead of 'series'. 
  4.   It's a distant memory now, but I believe season 3 is the weakest by far (still solid). Don't worry, the sublime is still to come, it's a long show. 
  5. Video Game Thread II

I'm absolutely determined to make a start on The Witcher 3. After Fallout 4 and the dozens upon dozens of others I've got in my backlog. Actually, Dying Light's big expansion is my next expected playthrough, so there goes another 20 hours over a few weeks.    TV isn't the only medium enjoying a 'golden era' at the moment, IMO. 
  6. Jwfan needs a slogan

Fuckoffsville 
  7. Video Game Thread II

Tomb Raider on PC looks like the next step up:               The experience may have evolved over the years (not always for the better), but there's no deying when the path opens up into these sorts of areas there's still nothing else in games which stirs the imagination like Tomb Raider does do. 
  8. The small talk Thread

Film producer shares shocking intros for women in scripts - http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articles/35548225   This is really cringy and actually rather shocking, IMO. Although to Drax it's probably how it always has been and how it always should be. 
  9. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

A lot of those are 2hrs long, that's fine.    #BringBackHourFiftyBlockbusters
  10. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Another near 3hr superhero extravaganza? Lazy lazy undisciplined filmmaking. I won't be watching this in theatres. 
  11. 7 more episodes of Breaking Bad left to go. It's held up beautifully. One thing I have noticed second time around is just how slow going it can be for great lengths of time, almost to the point that I'm not sure if they would be able to make it in quite the same way if it were made today. 
  12. Independence Day 2

No I'm not a die-hard fan or anything like that. I like the movie and own the OST, also looking forward to the sequel. 
  13. Independence Day 2

Oh so it is. Me and my skim reading.    Everything normal then. 
  14. Independence Day 2

Possibly the most bombastic of them all (the Invasion pounding really tests my limits of what is acceptable), but generic? Fucking GENERIC??!    This site... 
  15. If it's quiet and you get a good seat, yes. Otherwise I prefer home viewing.