• Rank
    Chomping on penguins' children

Contact Methods

• Website URL
    http://www.youtube.com/1taken

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

11685 profile views
  1. Low blood pressure is only a problem if you're feeling physical symptoms like lightheadedness. If you feel fine, it's not too low. (The opposite of high blood pressure, which creates long-term problems with few or no symptoms.)
  2. My car would probably be the most expensive single item. The only contender for second place in recent memory is my digital piano, which cost around $1500. I've bought computers and other electronics of comparable value, but not recently. I seem to recall writing a $2200+ check as a security deposit on a place I was going to be renting, though I had roommates paying me back for their shares.
  3. I actually really like Augie's, but it certainly is an unusual addition to the Star Wars musical universe. I'm not a big fan of the album versions synths, but I can look past those and enjoy the percussion and brass. The children's choir isn't awful (like in the album version of Victory Celebration).
  4. A very tough question to answer. My gut instinct is to go with ESB, but the competition is stiff indeed. I know TPM and AOTC aren't in the running for me, even though they're both fantastic. I could imagine any of the other five at least temporarily becoming my favorite, though. ROTJ is the most completely satisfying, ESB is the most interesting, ANH brings me the most joy, ROTS brings me the most sadness, and TFA just has a great mix of emotions topped off by a superb credits suite. I guess it depends on what I'm looking for. ESB is probably the one that's hardest for me to criticize, and I guess I'll vote for it here, but Williams has never ended a Star Wars film badly.
  5. Thanks for the shout-out, TownerFan!
  6. It definitely changes the way the melody is heard and felt - unfortunately, it's not in a good way, at least for me. This is of those themes (like the Imperial March) that starts to sound cheesy to me if played too fast.
  7. I'm sure it'll continue more or less in the vein of TFA's sound, which I'm not overjoyed about, but I'm expecting the music itself to be pretty fantastic. Considering Williams' fondness for Rey, I'll be very surprised if he abandons her theme altogether, but I would imagine some new thematic material will be prominent, too.
  8. He does indeed use a similar fast tempo in concerts. Completely mystifying to me...as you said, it totally changes the piece. I'd even go so far as to say it ruins it.
  9. It was always my favorite as a kid...now that I hear it clean, it's the most beautiful thing I ever heard! No, but seriously, that's a great cue. One of many that I'm beyond thrilled to finally have. Getting a complete TLW has been everything I hoped it would be.
  10. As an American, I stick with my local NPR station, supplemented by reading various reputable news sites (NY Times, Washington Post, etc.).
  11. I don't think I've ever been immediately blown away by a Star Wars episode title, and the trend continues today, but I'm cool with it. Definitely excited for the film itself! As for the New Republic issue, the only problem was making a whole scene about its destruction. That thrust its dissolution into the foreground, whereas the Old Republic was just mentioned in a throwaway line in ANH. With no understanding of or connection to the New Republic, its explicit destruction felt...weird. You could argue that the same thing happened with Alderaan, except there we were at least seeing it through Leia's eyes. She was losing her home, which is something you can immediately empathize with.
  12. I totally feel you. Both ROTS and TFA have really awkward transitions to the credits. ANH, ESB, TPM, and AOTC all feature pretty incredible writing in those moments. All of them except TPM follow fairly conventional cadences that signal, "This is the end of the movie!" TPM just builds and builds in a less conventional way, but there's still a sense of tension and release. That's what's missing from the two Force-theme-based finales...the credits come as a weird surprise, not a satisfying resolution.
  13. While the vast majority of my future listenings will occur in chronological order, I agree that those tracks are pretty well assembled. They flow.
  14. No menthol?