Profile Information

• Gender Male
  • Location River of Nile

Recent Profile Visitors

18721 profile views
  1. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Superman IV: The Quest for Peace certainly is! Karol
  2. Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

Let me rephrase that slightly: there are a couple of moments when it sounds like Silvestri's theme are about to show up... But they never do. Karol
  3. Captain America: Civil War (SPOILERS)

Well, it has to be the first Marvel film with no villain and no big gigantic battle at the end. And with a plot dilemma that cannot be resolved by an external threat. All characters have a viewpoint which I can understand and even relate to. Quite unlike that one other film which I won't name in this thread. And no, it doesn't feel like an Avengers film. They all are in the film but most of them in extended cameo roles. I've watched all three Cap films together and it very much feels like a progression of the same story but with bigger ramification for everyone around main character. Is it perfect? Not really. Tonally it is a bit all over the place and not as smoothly paced as TWS. But the film still has bigger balls than most of these things. And it actually makes me question the point of this MCU superhero stuff, given how bitter its observations are. Not sure where it should go from there. Having Thanos show up feels almost anticlimactic. Karol
  4. Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

There are a couple of moments when it seems to be hinted at (even one in this suite) but no real statements. Karol
  5. Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

Sounds better than expected. Karol
  6. It's not a bad list. All the significant ones are on there. Karol
  7. She is in X2 without the makeup. Anyway, it's strange to watch this trailer that looks much closer to what X-Men comic books would have been like. It's a far cry from the 2000 film, to be sure. Karol
  8. What Is The Last Score You Listened To?

Creed by Ludwig Goransson. Now this is one badass action score (if you can call it that). It does does fondly look back at the franchise's past and then adds its own modern personality. And while there are contemporary stylisticfingerprints all over it, it's a terrific piece of music that works extremely well on album. Well structured and intelligently composed. And it's one of the few instances where I could actually hum a theme after watching afilm andbought this soundtrackalbum immediately after walking from the cinema. Fantastic stuff. Poldeouris and Goldsmith would be proud. And I'm pretty sure Conti is. Karol
  9. Alien 5 by Neill Blomkamp

I just liked the first half of District 9. You know, as long as it was followings its satire/allegory concept. As soon as it degenerated into yet another mindless action flick, I lost interest. Karol
  10. Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

At 1:27. Quick statements can be heard about 3 or 4 times in the score.The same statement is tracked (re-recorded) into the Seoul chase in Age of Ultron. Elfman himself quotes the theme softly in his final cue (when Captain says he's home). You can hear it at the very beginning of this cue. And it also appears in Thor 2 when Loki mocks Cap. Karol
  11. Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

So far it appeared in every single film he's in. I'm seeing it (along with two previous films) on Thursday night. Karol
  12. Better Call Saul

She's fantastic. Yet completely understated. Karol
  13. What Is The Last Score You Listened To?

I don't want TLBT because of unreleased stuff. I want it re-released because it's missing from my collection and won't pay those astronomical prices for a used copy. Karol
  14. What Is The Last Score You Listened To?

This clip sounds really good. I gave Horner'sThe Pagemaster a spin this morning. It's one of those full scores that flows efficiently from one piece to another. It feels more like an hour long concert piecerather than a fragmented film score. It might one of the most musically coherent soundtrack albums with music from ananimated feature. And now I'm listening to the slightly overlooked later score by the same composer. I do get that The Spiderwick Chronicles might not have that much of its own melodic identity but kid's genre seems to bring a very special kind of energy from Horner and this score is no exception. I particularly like the more tense and darker passages: Karol - hoping that someone will release The Land Before Time soon.
  15. Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

He never seemed terribly interesting to me. I've read Infinity War comic book ages ago and it made very little impression on me. Too grandiose to be really relatable. The bigger those stories get, the clunkier everything becomes. So far Marvel managed to scale down its universe to manageable size that could still serve its characters. I'm not sure how is this gigantic movie is supposed to work. I really can't imagine how it could be successful and also include every single character already established (when the second Avengers film is already struggling with juggling its cast and subplots). Karol