• Announcements

• Andreas

(UPDATE 1) Server migration next weekend   11/26/16

Hi JWFAN.COM members,   Update: The migration need more time.   5-11. Dec. 2016.   The server is ready, a dedicated system:   Intel Xeon® E3-1225v3 Quad-Core 32 GB DDR3 RAM 2x 512 GB SSD   New os: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS Plesk Onyx Management system
      Server backup 250 GB, not the same datacenter. External backup   Server location: DataDock in Strasbourg
      Fully redundant MPLS ring structure with a total capacity of 550 Gbit/s Core backbone Frankfurt-Strasbourg: 100 Gbit, Deutsche Telekom: 17x 10Gbit,
      Level(3): 10x 10Gbit, TeliaSonera: 8x 10Gbit, Cogent: 5x 10Gbit, Telefónica: 3x 10Gbit,
      DE-CIX: 6 x 10Gbit, ECIX: 6 x 10 Gbit Uptime 99.99%  (Network)     server migration next weekend.
      3 or 4. Dec. 2016.   I post a update when I start the migration.
      JWFAN.COM is offline for 3-4 hours.   Andreas  

crocodile

Members
  • Content count

• Last visited

1 Follower

About crocodile

• Rank
    A part-time Horner apologist
  • Birthday 01/16/85

Contact Methods

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

19542 profile views
  1. Die Hard 2: Die Harder by Michael Kamen. Now this score kicks some serious butt. It builds on the material from the previous score and kicks into high hear. It takes a while to get going but once it warms up it doesn't let go. What a fantastic and mischievous action extravaganza. The first score is a great suspense score with a couple of superb action setpieces. This one is one of my favourite action scores of all time. Having Don Davis handling the orchestrations doesn't hurt either. Karol
  2. It probably is better than a lot of his work, yeah. Karol
  3. There is enough material on there to warrant a purchase. Karol
  4. Southpaw Arrival The John Williams Jurassic Park Collection Doctor Strange A Palace Upon the Ruins Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them The 33 Karol
  5. Yeah that title card looks like it's been pasted in. Don't be shy KK, we won't judge you...too harshly. Karol
  6. My god, how badly do I want this score complete. That album just won't do. Sorry maestro, it's just poorly conceived - incoherent, badly paced and often redundant. Karol
  7. Not what I meant, Jay. How much is completely new as in previously unheard? Stuff that wasn't on the album was also unused in the film. Karol
  8. I don't have much hope for an imminent LLL release of this one though... Karol
  9. It's not a great film but.... it is one of the better looking Spielberg films in quite a while. Janusz Kaminski's finest work. Or one of at least. Karol
  10. Jurassic World. I have a confession to make: I enjoy this film. It's not exactly great and feels like another modern blockbuster with no real personality. Yes, it does try to cram in as much of stuff as possible, and it is sometimes over-referential. And yes, not enough practical effects. But it's still an enjoyable ride, I've watched it for the first time since its cinema release and it hasn't changed my opinion. If I can enjoy The Force Awakens, why shouldn't I enjoy this one? They're both essentially the same thing. And, again, this is one of the Giacchino scores that absolutely needs a complete release. Yes, the main theme is very lackluster but the remaining material and secondary themes are all pretty strong. Some of the best action writing in Gia's career as well. Karol