• Rank
    A part-time Horner apologist
  • Birthday 01/16/1985

Profile Information

River of Nile

Recent Profile Visitors

21863 profile views
  1. Star Wars Prequel VS. Sequel scores

The prequel scores are probably more stylistically daring and exciting than the sequel ones...but I never had that much of an emotional attachment to them. Took me many listens to start appreciating AOTC and ROTS. The sequel scores are safer and less experimental but I had an instant reaction to them. Karol
  2. The Official Intrada Thread

The second pressing sold out long time ago (I think). That is the one I got. But then... they decided to press even more. Karol
  3. I think I prefer the Blu-ray version of the end credits suite with the entirety of Rebellion is Reborn (including Carrie Fisher tribute) leading to The Battle of Crait leading to Rey's theme. It's a much smoother listen. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe this is the same version that was playing over the theatrical release of the film? Karol
  4. The Official Intrada Thread

They said it about the first one. Limited edition of 3000 copies! Karol
  5. The Official Intrada Thread

Blue Box sold out several times already and they ended up pressing more discs. Karol
  6. Far and away

I think "not remembering it" is what most people take away from watching The Missing. I do like the score quite a bit though. Karol
  7. Far and away

It is bad but it still not quite The Missing. Karol
  8. Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

I have a hard time imagining it being any good. Karol
  9. Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

I have can't quite decide whether I'm excited or not... but it's nice to see Marvel using an Avengers theme to promote an Avengers film. Karol
  10. Alan Silvestri's READY PLAYER ONE (2018)

Well, it is 2CD's but only about 80 minutes of music. So I assume it has something to do with vinyl release. Karol
  11. The Blu-ray reviews mentioned those scenes as well. Karol
  12. Alan Silvestri's READY PLAYER ONE (2018)

No, simply because they are not meant for that anyway. Karol
  13. Alan Silvestri's READY PLAYER ONE (2018)

It is an interesting discussion, the whole short album vs long album thing. But then, the rules don't really apply to film scores because of their very nature. Some of them work on short albums, some of them do not. Some of the OST's were carefully assembled by composers/producers, some of them completely go against their artistic instincts. Who is to say they need to be 40-60 minutes? The listening experience programme has nothing to do with artistic expression for the most part, merely re-use fees and format limitations. Having said that, few film scores are really great listens in their full forms from start to finish. There are no rules, especially in this era when you can arrange and re-arrange your music at will. Karol