• Announcements

• Jay

Donate to JWFan, win a CD!   05/30/17

Hello!

We are significantly behind on our funds for keeping JWFan alive, and need to collect donations again.
      As an incentive, I am offering a series of free CDS to anyone who donates over a certain amount!   Donate at least $10 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $250 goal:   Tyler Bates - God of War; Ascension (OST, La La Land Records) Danny Elfman - Planet of the Apes (OST, Sony) Danny Elfman - Taking Woodstock (OST, La La Land Records) Christopher Lennertz - Identity Thief (OST, La La Land Records) Christopher Lennertz - Medal of Honor: Rising Sun (OST) Michael Giacchino - Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (OST, Varese Sarabande) Dave Holmes & Various - Ocean's 11 (OST, WB Records) Joel McNeely & Various - Hollywood '94 (Varese Sarabande) Joe Kraemer - Jack Reacher (OST, La La Land Records) John Williams - Born on the Fourth of July (OST, MCA Records)   Donate at least $20 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $500 goal:   John Barry - First Love (La La Land) Jerry Goldsmith - The Challenge (La La Land) Jerry Goldsmith - In Harm's Way (2009 Intrada edition) Jerry Goldsmith - The Red Pony (Varese) Alan Silvestri - Dutch (La La Land) Shirley Walker - Willard (La La Land) John Williams - Family Plot (Varese Sarabande) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer   Donate at least $30 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $750 goal:   James Horner - Gorky Park (OOP Kritzerland Edition) James Newton Howard - Outbreak (2CD, Varese Deluxe Edition) Laurence Rosenthal - Clash of the Titans (2CD, Intrada) John Williams - The Fury (2CD, La La Land) John Williams - Jane Eyre (OOP, La La Land) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer   Donate at least $50 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $1,000 goal:   Jerry Fielding - The Wild Bunch (3CD, FSM) Ira Newborn - The Naked Gun trilogy (3CD, La La Land) Shirley Walker and Various - Batman: The Animated Series Volume 3 (4CD, La La Land) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer     All shipping will be paid by me to anywhere in the world!   I will pull names from a hat for each pool, and you get to pick whatever CD set you want if I pull your name!   To be eligible, leave your JWFan username in the comments area of your donation.  If you want to donate but not be in the running for a free CD, mention that in the comment.   Use this link or the link on the mainpage.       Thank you!   Jason, Ricard, and Andreas.

karelm

Members
  • Content count

• Last visited

• Days Won

karelm last won the day on October 9 2016

karelm had the most liked content!

About karelm

• Rank
    Futuristic dinosaur

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

8998 profile views
  1. Very interesting! I am very involved with this composer and it's quite an interesting story. He wrote a piece for the orchestra I was composer in residence for many years ago how ever the sheet music had been lost to time and I had to modernize/typeset it from the original manuscripts for publication since he was a composer of some repute. We premiered it's revival.
  2. I believe San Francisco symphony is doing Jaws live to picture this summer.
  3. I am a believer. Since you have to pay a monthly fee to get the "become a member to continue watching" the monthly updates, it has to be true.
  4. joke jōk/ noun noun: joke; plural noun: jokes 1. a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, especially a story with a funny punchline. "she was in a mood to tell jokes" synonyms: funny story, jest, witticism, quip; More pun, play on words; informalgag, wisecrack, crack, one-liner, rib-tickler, knee-slapper, thigh-slapper, punch-line, groaner "they were telling jokes" a trick played on someone for fun. synonyms: trick, practical joke, prank, lark, stunt, hoax, jape; informalspoof "playing stupid jokes" informal a person or thing that is ridiculously inadequate. "the transportation system is a joke" synonyms: laughingstock, object of ridicule, stooge, butt; More informalAunt Sally "he soon became a joke to us" farce, travesty, waste of time "the present system is a joke" verb verb: joke; 3rd person present: jokes; past tense: joked; past participle: joked; gerund or present participle: joking 1. make jokes; talk humorously or flippantly. "she could laugh and joke with her colleagues" synonyms: tell jokes, crack jokes; More
  5. His level of method acting is astounding since he is wearing jeans which were invented in 1873, the year the film takes place.
  6. Damn, I loved every single one of his performances. I remember while "discovering" him in "My Left Foot" thinking how amazing the performance was of that guy who had cerebral palsy only to realize it was just a complete performance.
  7. We know how Billie Lourd feels about it - she is for it being public due to the social stigma: "My mom battled drug addiction and mental illness her entire life,'' Lourd said. "She ultimately died of it. She was purposefully open in all of her work about the social stigmas surrounding these diseases. "She talked about the shame that torments people and their families confronted by these diseases. I know my Mom, she’d want her death to encourage people to be open about their struggles. Seek help, fight for government funding for mental health programs. Shame and those social stigmas are the enemies of progress to solutions and ultimately a cure. Love you Momby."
  8. Tonality is based on harmony. Counterpoint is based on melody regardless of a tonal center(tonality). That is how.
  9. I thought they also produced a book which is the full interview with the composers they talked to so that is how you can get your outtakes.
  10. Yes, it is literally a Latin translation of "punctus contra punctum" which is "note against note" so as Loert said, its melodic lines that overlap. Each independent line should sound fine on its own but works better when the two (or more) independent lines are played at the same time.
  11. That looks like it must have been a great show! I hope the rest of us will eventually get to hear it.
  12. It's a synth at the start but a muted horns when heard here:
  13. You are falling for their bait. They are teasing.
  14. Ok, cool, thanks.
  15. What is the gizmo between Hans Zimmer's monitor and computer keyboard and what is it used for? Is that like another monitor but touch sensitive?