About phbart

• Rank
    Regular Poster
  • Birthday 06/23/1984

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

3859 profile views
  1. Remasters of the First 6 Star Wars Soundtracks Coming May 4

Will the JW and Harrison Ford interview from the 2016 release be remastered too?
  2. Remasters of the First 6 Star Wars Soundtracks Coming May 4

Aside from the sound quality of the original trilogy, I'm most curious about how a remaster "Duel of the Fates" will sound like.
  3. I'll make illegal downloads first. If they sound as good as I hope, then I'll definitely buy them.
  4. Remasters of the First 6 Star Wars Soundtracks Coming May 4

Yet another Star Wars OST re-release/remaster/re-whatever in my collection. Nevertheless, the best sounding (being OST or film tracks) release is now 25 years old (almost as old as I am)! So I wonder what sources were used for these reconstructions, and how better will they sound...
  5. What was JW saying to Meryl Streep?
  6. "Dear Basketball" wins Oscar And Kobe Bryant thanked JW!
  7. They even compared him to a "rock star". In all, it's an interesting article with somewhat frightening closing words: "But the day will come when we won’t have a new score to savor anymore, when a new “Star Wars” film is merely copying the master’s musical voice, when the seats at the Academy Awards are filled only with the many composers he influenced and inspired. Perhaps only then will we appreciate just how lucky we are to live in the era of John Williams."
  8. MM is not physically in London, but via holographic image. Someone took a photo of him there. Here it is. Oh, that fellow in black is JW, btw.
  9. The irony is that a german athlete was the one who danced it. But she failed...
  10. I don't think it's a big deal at all. Like you said, it's a beatiful theme. And regardless of what the theme represents, it's perfectly suitable for artistic adaptations, including sports. That's the power of such a well written score like this one. It represents a horrible period of our history, but it still has its own strenght to move away from what it represents and be "converted" to something beatiful.