About dfenton85

• Rank
    Regular Poster

Contact Methods

• Website URL
    http://

Recent Profile Visitors

3911 profile views
  1. Gia has written some excellent End Credit suites and he'll almost certainly do one for Rogue One. Looking forward to that.
  2. Even Williams doesn't think Williams is as good as Williams
  3. I don't necessarily think it is bad news but I do feel conflicted. I'm a fan of both composers. Desplat is probably more consistent but Gia has higher peaks. I feel sorry for Desplat and his score certainly would have been great. But if Gia gives us a SW score with the same epic feel as John Carter or Jupiter while using some of JW themes, the result could be extraordinary.
  4. A Star Trek score, a Marvel score and a Star Wars score all in one year. That is pretty insane for any composer.
  5. Being a score fan certainly has its drama
  6. What an absolute bombshell! I'm a huge MG fan so naturally extremely excited about this but also a little disappointed we won't hear a Desplat Star Wars score. This is a major career milestone for MG, I truly hope he knocks it out of the park.
  7. Yeah, I agree completely with this. GoldenEye is just an outstanding film. The direction, acting and writing is all great. It has a real classic feel to it. TND is a very enjoyable watch too even if it does get a little too action heavy in the second half. I think the problem with TWINE is that everything is so mediocre - the villain, the action, Denise Richards' character, the plot...it's all so bland and uninspired. I've always felt that Brosnan was burdened by bad scripts especially his final two films. He can easily pull off the gritty realism that was seen in the Craig movies, and you see a lot of that in GoldenEye and parts of TND (Dr. Kaufmann in the hotel). I think if his final two movies continued the tone established in GoldenEye his era would be much more fondly remembered. ...and yeah, DaD is absolute garbage. It's like a bad piece of fanfic. I rewatch the Bond series every few years and I can barely bring myself to watch it. Honestly, Brosnan deserved a much better end.
  8. The second of those clips is obviously the best of the two in terms of sound quality but the tempo is too slow. Hopefully we'll get a proper recorded version on a CD sometime. Very interesting that a small snippet of Torn Apart appears in the middle of The Jedi Steps concert version.
  9. Would it not be possible for the two films to have different post-production schedules even though they are similar release dates?
  10. Jon Watts, the director, has mentioned Michael Giacchino (mispronounced his surname) at around the 3:00 mark in this interview. It isn't a confirmation that he is doing the score, but at the very least he is in the director's thoughts for the music. http://collider.com/spider-man-homecoming-vulture-jon-watts-interview/
  11. I'd ask him why he decided to microedit the best minute from Truck Stop out of The Lost World's album.
  12. I also think there are far fewer unreleased highlights than the first two, presumably due to the extra 16 minutes. ST09 and STID had loads of great cues missing from their OSTs which made the deluxe editions much more importanant. Aside from a few brief moments here and there, and pretty much happy with Beyond's OST and won't be too disappointed if it doesn't have a Deluxe. I'd probably feel differently if the OST was 45 mins like the previous two. Me too. That definitely isn't a spock action theme. The Franklin makes much more sense. I'm curious, how did the 5 years mission theme become identified as such. Was it ever mentioned by someone associated with the movie, or was it someone here who saw the movie?
  13. Does Jaylah have any thematic material at all? If so, it has gone right over my head after seeing the movie and multiple album listens.
  14. Does the brassy theme in Crash Decisions (which also appears towards the end of A Lesson In Vulcan Mineralogy on flutes) represent something or is it just a minor action motif. Anyway, it is absolutely great and Crash Decisions is definitely one of the best cues of the year.