Which Horner CDs would you buy?

I personally have Glory, Legends of the Fall and Braveheart, all of which I love. I would dearly love to get Rocketeer, the two Zorro scores and probably Willow (I say probably because I have neither seen the film nor heard excerpts from the score). Yea yea I know his self plaigarising acts but at the very least he repeats the good stuff. I personally think the Sons of Scotland motif is a superior variation of the Glory theme. :) Anyway, which CDs would you personally get?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get The Rocketeer! Awesome adventure score. The main theme is just one of Horner's best and is superbly flowing heroic music.

I have....bought these...

The bolded ones I definitely recommend you buy..

Wrath of Khan

Legends of the Fall

Titanic

The Missing

The Mask of Zorro

The Legend of Zorro

The Spitfire Grille

Glory

The Search for Spock

Apollo 13

A Beautiful Mind

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find Willow yet. :)

I ordered Willow and Rocketeer from amazon although they haven't arrived, both are great, especially Willow and I'm really looking forward to them.

I may be the only one but I think Land Before Time is also excellent, I'd love to get it but is OOP and rather expensive.

I cant STAND James Horner, he's a damn theif when it comes to music! And his music ruins which ever film its in

Don't bother with Willow, buy Krull!

And Sneakers. One of Horner's best (despite the lifts from Beethoven and Philip Glass, and the omnipresent danger motif).

His best IMO:

ST2 Wrath of Khan

Land Before Time

An American Tail

Krull

Cocoon

Rocketeer

Project X(just got this recently,fantastic)

Casper

Sneakers

K.M.

Yes, Krull is definitely worth getting!

Star Trek II and III are worthy purchases,

as well as Aliens - one of Horner's best action scores.

Some other ones to consider: Brainstorm and Cocoon.

I recommend Apollo 13; the album release has a lot of songs and dialogue, but I think the score is well worth it.

In the famous shouting words of Neil Young at the start of the live album "Year of the Horse", after somebody in the audience shouts "They all sound the same!" :

"It's all the same song!"

(humor-intended post)

I recommend Apollo 13; the album release has a lot of songs and dialogue, but I think the score is well worth it.

There's also a promo version of this score out there (without the songs) and with additional cues from the film

I recommend you get as many James Horner CDs as you possibly can and when you've that accomplished start again with Bernard Herrmann CDs. Forget about that hack John Williams. He's yesterday bantha fodder.

I recommend you get as many James Horner CDs as you possibly can and when you've that accomplished start again with Bernard Herrmann CDs.  Forget about that hack John Williams.  He's yesterday bantha fodder.

*rubs eyes*

What the hell are you doing here? :)

I thought you were MIA. :P

I agree Apollo 13 is a very good score. Highly recommended. Unfortunate that the commercial album has all those songs interspersed in between the score tracks.