The OFFICIAL Indy IV Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Natalie Portman is Indiana Jones' daughter

but like all rumors take it with a grain of salt

And some of the people here would just love that

Take this rumor back. This could be a true rumor according to this article.

If I'm not mistaken but this could be just confirmed to be true.

This movie is never going to happen, and the longer all this conjecture goes on, the more I'm beginning to think that it shouldn't happen. Spielberg and Ford will be better off, though I'll admit that I'd love to hear Williams play with his Raiders March once again.

Ted

This might work though. Because if they pull it off right, you could see how Indiana becomes his father!LOL

This movie is never going to happen, and the longer all this conjecture goes on, the more I'm beginning to think that it shouldn't happen. Spielberg and Ford will be better off, though I'll admit that I'd love to hear Williams play with his Raiders March once again.

Ted

Welcome to the club..... ;)

They just gave it away a little whats the next Indiana Jones is going to be about. Indiana Jones is going have a family and plus and adventure which what it gonna be about no knows yet and it could be his family gets into trouble or kidnapped and Indiana Jones will come and recue them.

If the rumor about Natalie Portman is Indiana Jones' daughter is coming true..then most likely it gonna be another Harrison Ford's family movie. I haven't seen any prove that is rumor is true or false or just some people trying to stirred everyone on the net yet.

So Harrison Ford's family gets kidnapped and he has to save them? Sounds original!

- Marc, who wants all plans of this film to go away and die. :P

I have no idea if this family thing is the story for the next Indiana Jones 4 movie. I'm just guessing according from the this rumor about Natalie Portman being Indiana Jones daughter. Don't take this family thing 100% sure because I have no backup to prove what im saying that is correct. Wait until they have all the actors who playing in it (the cast) and when have the release of the first trailer...then we know the true story.

The movie is due to out in 2008. So it way to early to found out the true story about the Indiana Jones 4. I don't really care if the Indy 4 movie itself turns out as crappy as temple of doom because the good news is we will have a new John William's score to come. A modern score for Indiana Jones by John Williams.

well what about something like the great last crusade, with grandfather, father and daughter?

How bout something fresh and original for a change?

They keep on talking about the script. When are going to finished writing the script?? Well I guess that just prove that they really are trying to make indiana jones 4 even better then the first three if they still havent finished writing the script yet.

Look it ages away till it due to come out in threatre in 2008 which they probably won't start filming till about sometime end of this year or begining of next year.

They should just hire Lawrence Kasdan.

He hasn't had a good relationship with Lucas since ROTJ, right? Didn't Lucas try to get him for TPM but he refused? I think he said something like"if he wants to do everything his way, he should just do it himself..." having in mind the Solo no returning idea and Lando not escaping from DSII I think.

They keep on talking about the script. When are going to finished writing the script?? Well I guess that just prove that they really are trying to make indiana jones 4 even better then the first three if they still havent finished writing the script yet.

Don't underestimate a good script. Despite the fact it's Indiana Jones, a bad script would mean a bad film.

Then again, they're having that much trouble with the script as it is, maybe they should take it as a sign.

After about 30 years or whatever how many years it has been even since after the Last crusade till about now trying to come up a good script for Indiana Jones IV. Man Speilberg had heaps of other movie to make beside Indiana Jones you know. Obviously they want to have big break from Indiana Jones trilogy for a couple years and make other movies. As if they would waste their time for coming up for a good script for Indiana Jones IV and turns out shit. Their the ones who make Raiders Of The Lost Ark you know and everyone says it the best indiana jones movie ever which it true. I really don't care how old the actors are but they can still act specially Harrison Ford. Both the directors/film composer/some of same actors or whoever was working for previous Indiana Jones trilogy as just as old as now.

Having trouble with the script is showing that they are trying to make as good as possible. They are smart enough to know which is a good script and a bad script. Obviously they are being very careful about the script.

After about 30 years or whatever how many years it has been even since after the Last crusade till about now trying to come up a good script  for Indiana Jones IV.

It's been 17 years since Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, of which Spielberg has said he always considered it to be the final Indiana Jones film when he was working on it

I really don't  care how old the  actors are but they can still act specially Harrison Ford. Both the directors/film composer/some of same actors or whoever  was working for previous Indiana Jones trilogy as just as old as now.

Except some of them are dead. :)

yeh well there are good new actors to replace the oldies who are dead which George Lucas and Speiberg have no choice to find new actor that almost look the same as the old actors who are dead. Harrison is still alive so they might as well use him since he still alive and so the actor who play sallah who also play Gimali in Lord of the Rings who had a axe as weapon. It obvious though In Temple of Doom Indiana Jones didn't have Marcus and Sallah with him. So Yeah and one of them is dead so having Marcus and sallah with Indiana Jones as well as Indy girl and the school does seems to turn out to be a good indiana jones movie. but since they decided left out Marcus and sallah and the school in temple of Doom movie it did seem that movie went downhill considering it was considered to be the worst Indiana Jones compared to Raiders and the Last crusade.

If Indiana Jone 4 doesnt not have the school and marcus and Sallah then it probably it turn out like another Temple of Doom movie.

I think I prefer ToD over LC.

While I think LC is still a fun movie, it mostly seems to repeat things from Raiders. ToD stands on its own, but suffers from ADD.

I got really fed up of The Last Crusade after I saw it a few times. I much, much, much prefer The Temple of Doom, but even that doesn't come close to Raiders.

I think that it would include his college. Especially since he is old, you wanna see him as some grumpy professor.

So Harrison Ford's family gets kidnapped and he has to save them? Sounds original!

I'd take the script in which aliens and vampires are featured over THAT!

I think I prefer ToD over LC.

While I think LC is still a fun movie, it mostly seems to repeat things from Raiders. ToD stands on its own, but suffers from ADD.

Temple of Doom is comparable to Raiders, but Last Crusade doesn't hold a candle to either of them, despite its competence as a stand-alone action film. Plain and simple, Raiders is one of the greatest films ever made. Lawrence Kasdan's script was beatifully structured and peppered with great dialogue. It is both an exercise in structured screenwriting, yet also a great departure from it. The film finds a pace working from the first act structure and exposition, but eventually it flies off the track you think it's on and makes one hurdle after the next, and it's all just fantastic.

Despite being fairly different than Raiders, Temple of Doom is also a wonderful movie. The only problem I have with it is that unlike Raiders, it didn't know when to stop and breathe once it got going and was kind of sensory overload. The brilliance of Temple of Doom is in the setup, actually, with the arrival at the village and the trek to the castle. It's classic adventure stuff, and it sets up the threat and conflict perfectly. All the scenes of exposition, conversation, and travelling represent everything that Stephen Sommers and countless others only wish they could do, but don't ever touch. Aiding the visuals is of course an amazing Williams score, which really captures the flavor of the darkly adventurous edge of the film's first half, and the breakout action of the last hour.

Ted

This time, he again tries to climb out the window. Only now he overstretches, falls down, and breaks his hip. :wave:

Have you seen his latest recent movie called firewall? :D

He can still act like he always has been no matter how old he is and you will see him jumb out from a window and land on someone and he start a fight with this bad guy. he fight like indiana jones from raiders of the lost ark by letting the bad guy do all the punches and kickes first ( like he absorbing his opponent attacks) until Harrison had enough and fight back at the end and he wins. Don't wanna tell you how he wons the fight because it really good way to end the fight and for those who hasn't see the movie firewall.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a update with Indiana Jones 4, there has been recents reports claimed over the internet such as Spielbergfilm.com forum, IMDB.com and Wikipedia that there is rumoured or working titles for this upcoming Indiana jones

Although the official title has not yet been released, multiple news reports have referred to it as Indiana Jones and the Ravages of Time or Indiana Jones and the Lost Continent.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Also Known As:

Indiana Jones and the Ravages of Time (USA) (working title)

From IMDB.com

and from the spielberg.com forum thread

• 2 months later...