The OFFICIAL Indy IV Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he is...then I'm sure he will write a score for another film before this one...because there is no way I can wait for two years straight without any new written music by John Williams....

If he is...then I'm sure he will write a score for another film before this one...because there is no way I can wait for two years straight without any new written music by John Williams....

really what if John suddenly died, what would you do for the rest of your life without any more new John Williams score.

Ah well.....I just have to put up with my old collection of John Williams music that I got then won't I?

Actually I still got other film music written by other film composer other then John Williams which are not bad....and other types of music to last me for years....

Didn't Ford said it himself that he in still in good shape or capable of doing another Indy...otherwise he wouldn't be working with the script with Spielberg, Lucas and the script writers in the first place or acting for Indiana jones in the fourth installment in the first place either....

really what if John suddenly died, what would you do for the rest of your life without any more new John Williams score.

I would sell my Williams CDs on eBay at premium rates. Collectors really dig death, you know.

Mine would be:

"Thank you, Steven, for finally realizing that 'what happens in the 80's stays in the 80's.' Now get off your butt and make something so that we can get a new John Williams score next year."

I just hope Williams' next isn't something like Memoirs or Saving Private Ryan. Give us something with depth and thematic development! Hopefully all this rest is leading to a really amazing blow-you-away score.

Excuse me, those two scores you mentioned are some of Williams' very deepest works...And as for thematic development and "Memoirs of a Geisha", look closer!

I just hope Williams' next isn't something like Memoirs or Saving Private Ryan. Give us something with depth and thematic development! Hopefully all this rest is leading to a really amazing blow-you-away score.

Didn't you say you weren't even interested in hearing Geisha?

• 4 weeks later...

Well well well....is everyone still sure or on about Indy 4 isn't happening or anything to Indy 4 is totally not a good idea with all the negative attitudes from everyone who thinks about Indy 4?

Think again. The table has just recently been turned. Forget about all the negative attitudes from everyone who thinks about Indy 4, and all the thoughts Ford's old age and doesn't give a crap about Indy 4. Harrison Ford has already admitted himself that he is fit and up for the challenge for another Indiana jones 4....so there proves the point that we don't need to worry about his age. We all know that with the delays with the production over the years was the rejected Frank Darabont's script thanks to George Lucas as speilberg was ready to shoot it at that time which was a wise decision considering if they want to have Indy 4 to be very good success movie.

Ever since Jeff Nathanson take place of Frank Darabont...things started to go where they wanted it to go and good news about it was that they accepted his script. However it didn't stop there. They brought David Koepp in to revise and tweak Jeff Nathanson script and he still doing it as I speak.

Let put it this way. They are not doing Indy 4 just for the sake of it. They only doing Indy 4 because George Lucas came up with a very good story over recent years, which got everyone excited. According to recent Indy news especially the official reliable source information from Spielberg Films Fansite Spielberg has said that he won't be making Indy 4, unless he come up with the best Indiana Jones adventure film ever.

Right now I guess really at the moment that the Indy 4 news is looking more promising than it ever has done and if it turn out a great thrilling Indy adventure film...then I'm looking forward to John Williams new score for Indy...

Well obviously they won't move on until they really happy with the script...it either they accepted David Koepp or they reject David Koepp....and if they do reject their current writer then thats it. It over. No Indy 4...

This is like now or never... I wouldn't bother picking a 4th writer....

And as for thematic development and "Memoirs of a Geisha", look closer!

Yeah - but it's not helped by being boring as hell......

I haven't seen Firewall, but all I've heard is that it was Ford on autopilot.

its an okay film, but the climactic mano-a-mano assures us that Ford is still in good shape for another Indy.

I agree - Ford was in great shape for that one - more than a match muscle-wise and fitness-wise for his opponent who was nearly 30 years younger than him! I'd like to know what his workout routine is!! The only worry I have is that he's peaking, and if "IJIV" doesn't happen in, say, the next 24 months, he is going to go over the hill.....if he were British rather than American, he would be receiving his bus pass in less than a year, peoples!!

Who cares if he's in shape?

Stallone and Arnold are still in shape and their box office draw has fizzled. Ford is't the draw he once was.

And to be honest I really don't hear alot of people begging for IJ 4.

I would not trust Lucas to reconize a good script it it swam up and bit him in the ass!

Even though he the one who wrote the stories for Indiana Jones....

It's not the stories that made the films work.

And besides, he's also the guy who wrote the prequel dialogue.

It's not the stories that made the films work.

And besides, he's also the guy who wrote the prequel dialogue.

Yes I know that and they get the screenwriters to write a movie script based on the idea on the original story by him.

Yes I know that and they get the screenwriters to write a movie script based on the idea on the original story by him.

But then Luca$$ has to approve the script, and that brings us to the first question - does he know a good script from a bad one?

Lucas is a good story-teller, but a bad writer. I much preferred when he was just creating the story and leaving the actual script-writing to someone else...

I would not trust Lucas to reconize a good script it it swam up and bit him in the ass!

along with Kaufman and Kasdan

• 1 month later...

This better be pretty f*cking good.

And if this isn't an opportunity to finally release the complete scores of the original 3, I don't know what is. If we at least get that, I'll be happy.

If only it were to be released in 2013, we know the Mayan calendar marks the end of the world.

Now we will have to witness, old indy jokes, a its not the years it the miles retread, a joke about his coat and hat, and someone saying isn't that a bit out of style quip.

Ah.....Excellent! This is great news. Not only a new Indy Film but also a new John Williams score as well. Can't wait!