The OFFICIAL Indy IV Thread

You know, a simple search in IMDB often tells you which actors are still living...

She can play Marcus.

No, she can play Donovan's re-animated corpse.

I believe Donovan is now just bones without any human fresh.

Herro!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Posted without comment...

Lucas Wants Connery- Role being written into Indy 4.  

What does it take to coax a retired legend into acting again? 75-year-old Sean Connery is retired from his long-lived career in Hollywood, according to statements made by the actor himself. His last film was the flop The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen in 2003, and Connery apparently now keeps himself busy writing.

Nevertheless, George Lucas and Harrison Ford both want Henry Jones Sr. back for the fourth and final Indiana Jones romp. Lucas told the entertainment TV show Access Hollywood on Friday that he was pushing to have Connery reprise his role as Indy's father once more.  

"I would love him to be in the next Indiana Jones...maybe I can push him into it.

"We are writing him in whether he wants to do it or not."

Lucas's comments come hot on the heels of a special salute to Sean Connery at the American Film Institute. Connery received the AFI's 34th lifetime achievement award, and those giving on-stage tributes included Lucas, Spielberg, and Ford — all partners in Indiana Jones 4. Ford himself presented Connery with his AFI trophy, after garnering laughs by calling the distinguished thespian "dad".

It appears there's a good chance Connery will join the picture; some news sources are already reporting it as confirmed, although that is apparently not the case. If he doesn't, however, does that mean more script work and further setbacks for Indiana Jones 4?

On a side note, Spielberg was spotted last month in Queensland, Australia. Checking out shooting locations for Indiana Jones? Who knows — the director, who apparently also visited Japan, is keeping mum on his excursion for the moment.

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/712/712118p1.html

The article seems somewhat contradictory. First it says

"According to acclaimed filmmaker George Lucas, veteran actor Sean Connery will appear in the anticipated upcoming action sequel 'Indiana Jones 4' and will take on the role of Jones' worldly wise father Henry."

Then it says

"According to Lucas, Connery has already been written into the script and only needs to be finally convinced to take on the role before production can begin.

Lucas said: "I would love him to be in the next Indiana Jones...maybe I can push him into it.

The IGN article John posted is much clearer. So far, Connery has not been convinced, but Lucas really wants him to be in Indy IV. And that's all there is to it right now I think.

Magical Me, the first note of this month's musical signature is a 5th too low. It should be a D.

:mrgreen:

Deary me, you're right. I had it right initially but then changed it for no particular reason. Thanks!

The article seems somewhat contradictory. First it says

"According to acclaimed filmmaker George Lucas, veteran actor Sean Connery will appear in the anticipated upcoming action sequel 'Indiana Jones 4' and will take on the role of Jones' worldly wise father Henry."

Then it says

"According to Lucas, Connery has already been written into the script and only needs to be finally convinced to take on the role before production can begin.

Lucas said: "I would love him to be in the next Indiana Jones...maybe I can push him into it.

Yeah true. Do you think he will be in it thought? it is 50 50 chance though.

The Connery/Ford interplay was the highlight of Last Crusade, some really great stuff. I'm really dubious if that could be recreated for this one.

Then again, I'm dubious about everything involving this, except the score of course.

Connery's Henry Jones Sr. is IMO one of the best characters ever, I 'd love to see him again in as large a capacity as possible.

I liked Henry Jones a lot in The Last Crusade, but I don't see any nescessity to have him in Indy IV. Not in a large role anyway. He had a large role in Indy III; Indy IV should be different. Good as well, but different.

You know maybe the adventure worm bite him and he now accompanies Indy in his adventures... :(

But yes i suppose Connery will be in for a cameo.

Expect a 'Junior!' joke there and thats it :pukeface:

The only problem I see with a Connery return is audience confusion. "Who's playing the dad?!"

Nah, I want to see Connery return. Bring it on!

I'm sure the film's tagline will be:

"Who's the daddy now!"

Now I want to see THAT on the poster :pukeface:

Junior + Henry more like it :pukeface:

If connery gets a major role and not just a cameo, i hope this movie will be as fun as last crusade.

if they make this, I would hope it would be a better film. Really why would you want to copy the worst film in the series.

and luke, Spielberg can make bad movies,

he made Always, Hook, Terminal, and AI.

is it an opinion to say that LC is not a better film than Raiders, or is it a fact.

The 4th Indiana Jones film is due summer 2008, reports Spielbergfilms.com. The article is there. Read it.

the JMan

Yeah that right...Keep delaying the 4th movie of Indiana Jones. The more they delay it the more likely it isn't gonna happened.

Yeah that right...Keep delaying the 4th movie of Indiana Jones. The more they delay it the more likely it isn't gonna happened.

Or the important people on the film will start dying due to the number years it's taking to get this film started.

Most of them ain't getting any younger.

Or the important people on the film will start dying due to the number years it's taking to get this film started.

Most of them ain't getting any younger.

Yeah true....and if that does happen then they will have different people which will not be the same as the previous films.

Well,theve got that CGI de-aging thing worked out in X Men 3,so I guess it doesn't matter wwhat age Ford is.

K.M.

• 3 weeks later...
Well,theve got that CGI de-aging thing worked out in X Men 3,so I guess it doesn't matter wwhat age Ford is.

It worked for McKellen (though it didn't look totally convincing). Stewart looked just like he does today.

:mrgreen: Capricorn One (Jerry Goldsmith)

I would be great if Spielberg/Lucas gave it an original name like "Raiders of the lost Ark" and not "Indiana Jones and the..."

Something like "Snakes on a Blimp"