Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

ashinyobject

I thought I would start a thread about music recently purchased by the members of this board.

I recently bought these with my income tax money:

B0000029TZ.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B0000014RI.01._AA130_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B00000287C.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V54149377_.jpg

B00005YVQ8.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B00004YTXH.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently got:

Poltergeist

Willow

Rocketeer

Star Tracks 2

Music from the Harry Potter Films

I'm also waiting for Ghostbusters and Home Alone 2 to arrive from the Varese store.

In a sale in Virgin Megastores, I got:

The Ipcress File

Raise the Titanic

The Pink Panther/Return of the Pink Panther

Our Man Flint/In Like Flint

Beneath the 12-Mile Reef (!!)

The Day The Earth Stood Still

The Last Valley

Batman Forever

Batman Forever

I presume you mean the score - great CD, I love the circus cue with those crazy whaling horns! My favourite Goldenthal score will always be Michael Collins though.

- Tim.

I recently bought these with my income tax money:

Isn't that going to be needed to pay your taxes?

i meant my tax return money

Got these from ebay today: Juan Darien (Goldenthal), The Madness of King George (Händel/Fenton)

Also expecting from ebay: Dangerous Liaisons (Fenton)

Also ordered from ebay, but got my money back, because the CD had disappeared: Cobb (Goldenthal)

Also expecting from ebay: A 9-disc set of Bach choral works conducted by Gardiner

MArian - thinking of bidding on Solti's Der Ring des Nibelungen, for something between 60 and 70 euros including shipping.

:flush: Juan Darien (Elliot Goldenthal)

I have actually bought only The Witches of Eastwick lately.

Besides that I have a long wish list and very little money so I have to save some. ;)

Batman Forever

I presume you mean the score - great CD, I love the circus cue with those crazy whaling horns! My favourite Goldenthal score will always be Michael Collins though.

- Tim.

Considering I already own a mistakenly-bought copy of the songs CD, yes it is the score. ;)

Sleepy Hollow is great! How's the Potter compilation?

Yeah, I'm really enjoying Sleepy Hollow...very Elfmanesque, of course. The Potter compilation is pretty good. The performances are mostly proficient, with just a couple flubs/misinterpretations here and there. Plus, there's a recording of "Nimbus 2000/Quirky Magic" (:)) finally, and an interesting suite from PoA.

Ray Barnsbury

Just got Jurassic Park and The Lost World, Rhino Superman is in the mail :P.

Any recommendations on what ET cd(s) to buy. There are 3 different ones right? (Ost, 96 Reissue, 2002)

Find the original MCA release and the 20th anniversary disc.

Thanks for the reply, I guess I'll try to pick up the Original release before they all disappear.

@ robthehand

No, it isn't. The cover is quite similar to the Beck score. Here's a link:

Click

I think that's actually the same CD, with a different cover. Oh well, never mind. :|

Well according to the Amazon track listing it has parts of Return of the Pink Panther as well...

The point is I don't need to rush out and buy another version of The Pink Panther. :|

Fugitive_Elektra961592.jpg

Bought a sealed copy of this at the Sam the Record Man in Toronto 2 weeks back.

Sucks that I didn't have enough to pick up Hot Shots! Part Deux though...

i just bought Schindler a few weeks ago on CD myself. :P not that its easy to find it here, and there is no iTunes here.

anyway, i got the Patriot yesterday. :)

has anyone bought the LOTR OST trilogy boxset? Does it come with anything extra (besides the box) versus buying the 3 scores separately? I already have FOTR (never thought that highly of the sequels) so I am trying to decide between buying the box set versus buying the two scores separately.

Burga - who has no intention or budget yet to get the Complete Recordings

No, there's nothing different whatsoever. Despite already owning the FOTR album I bought the trilogy box set. It's just the three of them in a nice box and all of the "collectable" covers,

Great music, though. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the City Of Prague Philharmonics' "Music from the Harry Potter movies" and I'm swept away by it. I love their performance of Buckbeak's Flight!

The Matrix complete score :sigh:

Actually, I just got the R1 DVD that has an iso, but it's great to watch, listen to and rip, and thankfully Davis only talks over a tiny bit of music.

Which reminds me, how do you guys rip 2.0 tracks? I use 'DVD Audio Ripper' (from 5 star shareware), and for 5.1 iso's it works fine, but for stereo the volume is very high and it clips during most action sequences. Is there another program that does it better or do I have to resort to recording it back through my soundcard?

A Passage to India (Maurice Jarre)

Ghostbusters (Elmer Bernstein)

Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit (Julian Nott)

Gettysburg 2-CD set for $108.07 shipped from ebay. I'm still waiting for it to come.

Also The Matrix 2-CD set for $30.00. I'll be using parts of that, the OST and DVD isolated score to be making my own definitive edition which will have every cue from the film that Davis wrote.

I know, I know it's a CD-R set regarding The Matrix but quite frankly I don't care. All though if the score got a legit release I'd buy it in a heart beat. For now it's all I have so I'm not complaining. I'm sure many of you here have boughten CD-R scores before.

Just did some purchases online:

Gone With The Wind 1996 remastered

King Kong 1933 complete score by Royal Scottish Orchestra

The Ghost And Mrs. Muir

The Neverending Story II by Robert Folk