Episode II DVD should contain...

Alawill

What do you want the Epsiode II DVD to contain?

- the movie (of course)

with

- an isolated score

on the extra cd:

- stuff à la "making of..."

- a big interview with John Williams

- the music video

- shootings from the recording session in london

- a life recording of a concert featuring the Episode II music

- and for the freaks: a software-tool, with that you can copy, paste and edit music from the movie and create your own Episode II (with music from Hook, Superman, The Unfinished Journey and Home alone II)

I know, thats too optimistic... but anyway...

Any other suggestions?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, as much about the music as possible. Also another great documentary, the one on the TPM disc is excellent. Plus similar web documentaries and featurettes, too.

Marian - who would like to see the DVD set to contain the original versions of all three original movies, too. :roll:

:music: Attack of the Clones (John Williams)

He already did. He sat down and filmed his interview just after he finished recording the score. All the SF will be like the ones on Episode I and they're already done.

Remember, Lucas likes symmetry and continuity.

The DVD might be coming to stores this Christmas. :thumbup:

:music: "Church" from The Devil's Advocate (Howard)

I'm sure they did. Or, at least, Wannberg was the messenger boy.

Dan - who knows Wannberg is an edgy character

:music: "Wild Horses" from The Cowboys

First of all there ill be no isolated score. Again, I think Wiiliams will not let it happen. The only thing I would like, which won't happen is putting his music they way it's supposed to be in the film.

I would really like to see the web documentary "Making Episode II" and the hilarious "R2-D2: Beneath the Dome" mockumantary on the DVD. And of course trailers, the music video, audio commentary (I hope it's as good as the Ep. I commentary) and a "Making of" feature like "The Beginning". I understand this Making of is planned and it's rumoured to be called "The Middle", but I'm not sure.

Marc, who can't wait for the Ep. II DVD

I would like to see a video of George Lucas swimming in a pool of hundred dollar bills, laughing his ass off.

First of all there ill be no isolated score.  Again, I think Wiiliams will not let it happen.

As I´m new to that DVD/isolated score-stuff: why do you think Williams will not let it happen? Is it his decision? And if so, why do you think he won´t let it happen?

Best regards,

Alawill

They need his permission and he doesn't like isolated scores for movies in which the score was cut up much.

Yup - on practically everything except Superman, The Witches Of Eastwick, and the upcoming E.T..

Dan - who felt there should've been an isolated score in Empire Of The Sun and that there should be an isolated score in Schindler's List and the Indiana Jones trilogy too.

He really liked that film and his score for it.

Plus, George Miller hardly touched the score at all.

Dan - upset that Miller threw out the "Balloon Sequence" cue in favor of Pavarotti belting "Nessun Dorma" --- which is a beautiful song, btw, but still.....

I've never seen the movie, so I couldn't tell you honestly.

I guess the dissonant brass phrases and the comical incidental scoring.

Dan - whose seen Johnny have lots of fun with "The Devil's Dance" and "The Balloon Sequence"

Defenetly all the deleted scenes. After being spoiled for the movie and hearing about what I was missing it makes you mad :) We have to have it all.