"A Bridge to the Past" live arrangement

Pelzter

I think Philosopher's Stone is the same as Voldermort.But this is the crappiest played piece I have.Has the Enrich Kunzel version been recorded?

If so,we could have decent versions of all the pieces

Lotman I'd try later or with a different browser.I can't send files individually.

K.M.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a better clarification would be that Voldemort and The Philosopher's (Sorcerer's) Stone are two separate pieces based on the same theme. The former is from the Children's Suite and is for bassoon trio. The latter is for full orchestra and is from the Orchestral Suite. Is there anybody on this board that might be able and willing to PM me either of these two tracks if they have them?

This thread has the purpose of digging up obscure recordings anyone may have.

So far The Philosopher's Stone will remain the only unheard piece.

K.M.

The Philosopher's Stone and Vldemort are indeed two seperate pieces, but I wouldn't say they're based on the same theme (the Stone) at all. It appears in Voldemort, yes, but the majority of that piece is his two themes; "You Know Who" and "Voldemort".

So far, the "Stone" suite can only be heard as a piano MIDI file amongst the brilliant arrangements of the first two soundtracks that Chris Afonso's friend transcribed, to be found in the Composer's Thread (or a hundred pages back in the Potterdom thread).

Maybe someone here who can play piano can perform it and record it?

I have the capability, but I can't play piano too well. I'd probably have to pull it apart, and play it a few times and layer them :-p

I made this edit.Since Williams speaks over the opening of "Quidditch" in the Boston Pops special,I used the Verdi Orchestra opening sped up by 13%.It sounds about right,but the trumpets still sound slightly different.I'm trying to alter how the trumpets sound...

K.M.

Does anyone have any other Harry Potter recordings of John Williams' concerts????

I have an audio of the world premiere of Hedwig's Theme, performed at Tanglewood (months before the film opened in theaters) by the Boston Pops under the baton of Williams. Sound quality isn't the greatest. Not sure if it's the acoustics of the Music Shed or if it had to do with where the person recording (it wasn't me, but I was present in the audience that night) was sitting. I can send it to whomever wants it.

hmm... I have to say... I'm a little saddened...

I really don't feel some of these performances really get to the essence of what is the piece.

Like with Nibum 2000, that first note is like--to me--like a barbershop quartet how they give a pitch, and then they all come in. But some of these recordings just breeze through it...

blah... lol... just me being silly...ignore me.

you want me to reinterpret them through editing? lol

Well, everyone who sent me a file, could you please look at the list here and see if a file you sent me has a " * " next to it, if so, could you post in here what they are and what they are from/recorded when/where just so I can put that information together.

Right now I have

01) Harry Potter Suite World Premier (Hedwig's Theme) * like what channel was it on and such...

02) Family Portrait (Studio) *

03) Family Portrait (Live) *

04) Nimbus 2000 (Studio) *

05) Nimbus 2000 (Live) *

06) Diagon Alley Boston Pops 2000

07) Diagon Alley (Live) *

08) Voldemort (Live) *

09) Quidditch Boston Pops 2000

10) Quiditch (Live) *

11) Quiditch Fanfare and Theme Hybrid

12) The Knight Bus (Live) *

13) Aunt Marge's Waltz (Live) *

14) A Window to the Past (Live) *

15) Double Trouble -Choirless- (Live) *

16) Witches, Wands, and Wizards (Live) *

Hollywood Bowl Suite

17) Harry's Wonderous World

18) A Window to the Past

19) Double Trouble

20) Witches, Wands, and Wizards (Formerly known as 'Quidditch third year - Chasing Scabbers medley')

That's what I've got so far. I don't think I've missed anything...let me know ...

That viola solo of A winter's Spell should be added to the list.

Your edit of Quidditch rocks compared to mine...

I've also made a Hybrid Complete Diagon Alley:

Opening:HPSS OST sped up 5%

Middle part:Boston Pops 2002 performance

Orchestral Ending:New live recording sped up 13%

Anyone who wants it can PM me for the link.I also asked GoodMusician to see if he can improve on it,I'm not good at matching instrument balance and reverb of the different parts

K.M.

Wow, there's too much going on in this thread to follow. I'm just going to wait until everything's all sorted out, then PM someone for the most up-to-date files. :spiny: Good job on all your work, guys.

Ray Barnsbury

I'm just going to wait until everything's all sorted out, then PM someone for the most up-to-date files.

Yeah, me too. In fact, I would call that "the Ender way".

I downloaded the files from king mark!

The pieces played by the Verdi Orchestra in Seville have track numbers, i.e. "A Window To The Past" Track 17 or "Nimbus 2000" Track 4!! All in all there are the track numbers 3 to 8 and 14 to 18!!

What does this mean? Where are the missing tracks?

The pieces played by the Verdi Orchestra in Seville

Which pieces are these? I had no idea this orchestra had played Potter...

I downloaded the files from king mark!

The pieces played by the Verdi Orchestra in Seville have track numbers, i.e. "A Window To The Past" Track 17 or "Nimbus 2000" Track 4!! All in all there are the track numbers 3 to 8 and 14 to 18!!

What does this mean? Where are the missing tracks?

It means I didn t upload sub-par performances of Hedwigs theme and Harrys Wondrous World and other pieces we already have 1000 renditions of.Believe me when I say your not missing out on anything.

K.M.

It means I didn t upload  sub-par performances of Hedwigs theme and Harrys Wondrous World and other pieces we already have 1000 renditions of.

But these are also live performances, aren't they?