"A Bridge to the Past" live arrangement

Pelzter

I recently downloaded and mp3 of a live performance of "A Bridge to the Past", at the Hollywood Bowl. But I noticed that this arrangement is significantly more lush and sweeping than the original, relatively subdued "A Window to the Past" from the POA score CD. Are there any studio recordings of this arrangement that any of you know of?

--Pelzter, who loved the original but likes this arrangement even more

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no bootleg of the PoA Harry's Wondrous World to my knowledge,but who knows what sits on some member's Hard Drives...

This thread should be used to upload rare Harry Potter concert files for those who don't have them.There's a few but I don't have a fast enough connection to do so(56k),so don't PM me.

K.M.

but who knows what sits on some member's Hard Drives...

How true...

Now you mention that, I know a lot of guys here are after a sadly nonexistant SFX free version of 'For Frodo'.

Well, that last part wasn't entirely true ;)

Anyway, any chance you could let us know (through PM I suppose) where you got that track from Peltzer?

Well,that's the problem with mentionning bootlegs in a post,then your PM in box gets flooded with requests that sometimes you can't provide for one reason or another,and often by people you've never heard of before.I did my share of uploading 2 months ago with various stuff,but it was a pain in the ass because I had to use another PC.I'm not sure the person I got it from wants to be bothered either.But i'm mentionning it so hopefully someone with a fast connection can do so on his own accord.

k.m.

If this is from the signature sweet i would love to have this. Please PM Me!!! I should know though, i was at that concert.

I have the POA complete score--dvd rip--and there are extra tracks at the end. I'm toldthey're from the Hollywood Bowl..

I have:

Harry Wonderous World

Quiddich Third Year - Chasing Scabbars - Snowball Fight Medley

A Window to the Past

Double Trouble

Are these the recordings you are speaking of?

wow, i would love to have the live performance tracks. who can i PM about that? i have the signature sheet music also and have only heard 2 of the movements live in concert, so to hear the rest would be cool.

alright,I've uploaded one rare concert recording of Double Trouble most people don't have.It's purely orchestral,no choir.

Somehow You Send It tells me it's only good for 10 downloads,so I'll go back to Megaupload from now on.

PM me then you can spread it around.

K.m.

I'm actually taking the files I have, cleaning them, making the music sound a little better, and then I'm gonna upload it. If you want it, you can PM me...

They should be up soon. I only have another track to go.

the Double Trouble track needs some volume adjustment.some part seem to distant and should be boosted in volume.

K.M.

Um, with the live bowl performances, I widened the sound slightly, pulled the instruments out alittle.

I also brightened the sound, while trying to minimize noise, and gave it a slight surround sound echo, to boost the presense...

With the recording of the choirless Double Trouble, I just boosted the volume in some areas, I again, added some surround sound echo, chopped off the sounds in the begining and end like I did with them all (dead space before piece and clapping at end), while also taking away a little bit of the noise while bringing out the instruments more.

If you don't like what I've done, I can always upload the normal ones...

BUt personally I think they sound a lot better...

They are awesome. I particularly like the choirless Double Trouble. You really get a feel for how rich the orchestrations are in a typical JW piece (listen to what the strings are doing FFS!)

Hi, Can I please have Double Trouble without the choir, also a Bridge to the past if someone has them.

I also wanted to point out great piece A Winter's Spell I found it on viola by someone, but i was looking for the one in the movie with the lyrics.

Thanks

I love PoA

Is that a helicopter flying by in "Chasing Scabbers"??

Hell, why must people injure themselves at the wrong time? Couldn't they wait five minutes?

I personally would have complained had I been there, and a helicoptor flew overhead like that ... that's just wrong on sooo many levels not mention really disrespectful of John Williams, the orchestra, the music... and to the people present...

It didn't just fly by... it slowed down... and sat there ...

Almost as annoying as the horn player in ET's End Credits (Alternate) comming in a beat late...

I personally would have complained had I been there, and a helicoptor flew overhead like that ... that's just wrong on sooo many levels not mention really disrespectful of John Williams, the orchestra, the music... and to the people present...

It didn't just fly by... it slowed down... and sat there ...

Almost as annoying as the horn player in ET's End Credits (Alternate) comming in a beat late...

well the bowl is in a very busy part of LA and is right EXACTLY next to the Hollywood freeway before the big hill, and 3 blocks from the Hollywood/Highland tourist area. Actually its quite amazing being there and seeing how quiet it is, though you are correct helicopters do fly by everyonce in a while. I got into my first car accident ever that nite, i was pulling into this parking lot and this girl wasn't paying attention and hit me! I still made it to the concert, the car wasn;t damaged.

these concert's are great; JW puts on a great show, if you don't mind watching him conduct and then hearing the music a second and a half late.

Does anyone remeber when classic fm aired a window to the past and a Winter's spell. It was before the release of PoA.

Did anyone by anychance record a winter's spell.

I know that I am annoying but I really really want it.

these concert's are great; JW puts on a great show, if you don't mind watching him conduct and then hearing the music a second and a half late.

See... now THAT would drive me nuts! lol

The choirless Double Trouble is great although my favorite version is still the one on mischief managed.

Anyway, these tracks make think that the Silva Potter CD, while nice, is a missed opportunity, they should have recorded some of this stuff, along with the other movements of the PS suite to make a great Williams Potter trilogy CD instead of the GOF tracks which are identical to the origianl score.

BTW, we have Family Portrait, Nimbus 2000, and Hogwarts Forever and Fluffy in the OST, so what other movements are we missing, I know there's one called The Philosopher Stone, Erich Kunzel played that one here in Mexico, I think there's another one called Quidditch, are there any others??

What the hell is a RAR file?It won't play in any software...

k.M.

BTW, we have Family Portrait, Nimbus 2000, and Hogwarts Forever and Fluffy in the OST

We don't have Family Portrait on the OST,what track were you refering to?

i have more stuff,but can upload only a bit at time.I''l upload another surprise cue tonight.

K.M.

Sorry for my bad english, what I meant is that we have Hogwarts Forever and Fluffy in the OST. I have the Nimbus 2000 on the Silva CD, ang Good Musician (thanks!) uploaded Family Portrait, so we have those 4, but only 2 are on the OST.

BTW a rar file is like a zip file, you need a program called WinRar to unzip it

It's sort of like a ZIP file. I had to download WinRAR software in order for the files to work. There is a free 40 day trial version. I'm not sure exactly where I downloaded it from, so you can probably run it through a search engine.

I still have to listen to what GoodMusician has uploaded.I downloaded a RAR file and I don't know how to lpay it.

K.M.

It's sort of like a ZIP file. I had to download WinRAR software in order for the files to work. There is a free 40 day trial version. I'm not sure exactly where I downloaded it from, so you can probably run it through a search engine.

ok...

Oops! Looks like Diego beat me to the punch on the RAR thing. But I should mention that were it not for me, GoodMusician would not have had the Family Portrait track to offer, so I was more than glad to help and I hope all of you who have received it are enjoying it.

Well then, thank you KingPin, btw, where did this recording come from originally??

OK got it.Win RARE better uninstall cleanly from my PC.

Where did this version of Family Portrait come from?I have different one.

I'll upload a bunch of new stuff tomorrow,including the complete HPSS children suite,CoS and Poa piecesfrom some concert in Europe last year.Not all of them feature great playing but it's pretty good overall.A few members have this boot so if anyone wants to beat me to it be my guest.

K.M.

I did make a folder with MP3's... 320 kbs.

I converted it into a file and uploaded it.

You can't upload a folder. You can only send a lone file.

And yes, several people sent me several different files. Kinpin, MIguel when he sent me the complete potter--had the hollywood bowl ones, etc. I was kinda using it as a community POA concert suite file.

I use Winrar because I've always used it. I have the demo version, but It still works--I dunno about the 40 day thing. I've had mine for faaar more than that.

As far as my understanding was, most people use winRAR today, not winZip. So... not to mention, it opens winZip files too.

Sorry for the confusions, and ultimately, you could have PM'd me to ask rather than practically acting like I'm an idiot in the thread.

If you don't like it, I can always just not clean up files/compile them into a folder and share them with anyone anymore.

Don't worry, no Thank You is needed.

You can download winRAR here:

http://www.download.com/3000-2250-10007677.html

but the main site is:

http://www.win-rar.com/

Well then, thank you KingPin, btw, where did this recording come from originally??

I believe it was a recording by the Berlin Philharmonic cello section.

So it's true that a bootleg of the complete Sorcerer's Stone Children's Suite exists?

Well yeah,it exists...I've sent DiagonAlley to Goodmusician for now.It has a really cool ending.

Is there any more recording from the Berlin orchestra?

K.M.

No, that was the only movement they recorded. The recording was mainly a feature for the orchestra's cello section.

I love the full orchestra ending for Diagon Alley! It's cited as an optional ending in the Signature Edition score (in addition to the solo violin ending). It's nice to actually hear the notes instead of just seeing them on paper. For the record, which orchestra was perfoming it?

Ruben Jais/Verdi Orchestra in Milan.

Family Portrait by the Berlin Philarmonic is probably the best that cue is going to sound performance wise.The one by the Verdi orchestra is not as good.

so far the best SS Children suite so far would be:

1-Harry's Wondrous World:OST

2-Hogwarts Forever:OST

3-Fluffy's Harp:OST or Boston Pops

4-Diagon Alley:Boston Pops(violin ending) or Verdi Orchestra(orchestral ending)

5-Quidditch(what's the real name?):Boston Pops or Verdi Orchestra

6-Voldermort:Verdi Orchestra

7-Family Portrait:Berlin Philarhmonic

9-Hedwig's Flight:OST SS Prelude

10-Nimbus 2000:City of Prague orchestra

k.M.

Hey Mark, or anybody who has it by now, could you also send me these recordings? (I already have the 4 Hollywood Bowl tracks). However, I'm having trouble with MegaUpload - it says 'download limit exceeded' all the time, even if it's not exceeded... :s anybody know what's going on?

Here Erich Kunzel played the following suite: Hedwig's theme, Nimbus 2000, The Philosopher Stone and Harry Wondrous World. Is the Philosopher Stone and Voldemort the same piece with a different name or are they two different pieces??