Original Star Wars trilogy on DVD this fall

Seth

But Roald (despite himself) has a point, I don't need anyone to tell me wether or not to buy these releases.

I'll simply wait untill more information becomes available, then I will make a descision.

Basically; Stefan and I are on the same page.

About Gomp; I am aiming to make a really good, scary-as-hell film, but that's it... Some profit would be nice, but I have absolutely no illusions or pretentions. It's definatly not the goal of the project.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL. How'd I know Neil was gonna be angry about this. His boy Tom Brennan over at the HTF is pulling the same stuff.

Look, there's a couple different interpretations of Ward's statement. It's way too early to definitively state what's going to happen with these transfers or not, and it's WAY too early to start calling for boycotts and running willy nilly all over the internet trying to pooh-pooh anyone thinking about buying this set. When there's more solid info, yeah, I can see the self-righteousness that Neil is known for rearing it's head and making it's presence felt, but as of right now, way too soon to start stomping on everyone's hopes in the name of eternal disappointment with Lucas.  

Again, people aren't so much fans of Star Wars as they are fans of BITCHING about Star Wars, and this announcement reinforces that, as does Neil and Tom's immediate negativity towards an announcement a LOT of people have been clamoring for.  

Yes, it's entirely possible they're just porting the laserdiscs. It's also entirely possible they're using the original elements from the 93 restoration and making a DVD out of THAT. It's also possible they've been working on this for quite a decent amount of time before it was announced, and if that's the case, then this rush job isn't THAT much of a rush job then, is it?  

It's wait and see time. We have till September to see what this thing looks like, to start jumping at shadows and running with possibly skewed interpretations of a marketing mans patter is irresponsible at least. THEN Neil can go around like he did with the swapped surrounds and raise attention. But now? He literally DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT. None of us do. He's making a guess based on an interpretation of marketing patter and running like crazy with it.  

Time to chill out and wait a minute.

OH, MY GOD, I thought that smell was familiar,

ha hA! That's right. General Principle says you must discard common sense because I don't post here regularly and I've gotten in a flamewar with Joe before!

What you guys SHOULD be doing is leashing Neil a little. He's gone rabid, he's running up and down the internet with this thing and it's looking bad. Messageboard after messageboard. Now, Neil's always been passionate, but this is like foamy-mouth zealotry. Lex Luthor-ish, almost. Let him loose if his fears are correct, but right now he's diarrhetically spraying anything in his path based on his assumptions and these new "secret facts" he's talking about but yet not actually talking about. Or something.

Leash the pitbull, guys :o

News update

Quote:

Lucasfilm and 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment will issue the original, theatrical version of the "Star Wars" trilogy for the first time on DVD Sept. 12.

"Star Wars," "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi" will each be released in two-disc versions containing the original theatrical version along with the 2004 digitally remastered version. Helmer George Lucas upgraded digital effects and otherwise altered the original movies to reflect the prequel trilogy for the DVD debut of his first three "Star Wars" pics. In the 2004 version, for example, "Star Wars" (by then considered "Episode IV: A New Hope") starts with a different title crawl than seen in theaters in 1977.

Source: Variety.com.

Robert, is there any chance that I'm better informed than you think?

Neil

Oh shut up Neil, you're just a damned yankee know it all, who thinks he's got some inside source, or information, that the rest of us don't have. The truth is you're just a small fish in a big pond who relies on internet rumors to fuel your BIG TALK. You've grown really old in your choices. NOTHING is good enough to satisfy you today. Your insistance on perfection is remarkably like that Queen Borg. When you meet up with an advesary such as FBR, you truly find that resistance isn't futile, and I know that urks you, to have someone point out that you might be wrong, when in fact you are WRONG. But would you ever admit it. No, not that I've ever know you too. So while I've had my run ins with FBR, I can't just curiously side with you in your bizarre attempts to further put down what is possibly wonderful news.

In this case FBR is right, why don't you just wait until we know for sure, instead of your constant trashing of Lucas, for every GD reason. Man does that get old. Basically you need to get a GDF'ing life dude.

Everything Star Wars related in the 21st century isn't bad.

please don't ask me to read that with a straight face

Neil's right. Anyone who thinks Lucasfilm has actually restored the original films is just in denial. We've seen time and again that this corporation is more concerned with profit than with quality. It will take less effort and less money to simply release Laserdisc transfers.

Robert, is there any chance that I'm better informed than you think?

Well, you could remove all chance from the equasion and actually speak on this secret, before-the-announcement knowledge that no one ever heard about until you just puked it up over at originaltrilogy.com. Otherwise, me guessing what you know out of thin air is just as irresponsible as you passing off your "predictions"--as you've already called the--as immutable fact based on absolutely NOTHING solid but a bunch of hurt feelings over your aesthetic mistreatment at the hands of Lucasfilm in the past.

Which, again, is good if you're just guessing and you admit that. But you're trying to convince people your opinions and assumptions are FACT and are then trying to stir up a boycott on the internet with it. Which is crap. Hell, tracking your indignation since the news of the release, you can actually SEE your reasoning for this start, and then grow, and then snowball, until it gets to the point where you're just cherrypicking rationalizations out of thin air like "If you only knew what I knew you'd know.."

I'm not saying it's not IMPOSSIBLE that what you're saying is true. I'm saying it's bush-league to pass off your "prediction" as stone fact based on nothing but presumption and burnt feelings.

And Joe still isn't funny at all :o Don't go changin, Joe.

Wouldn't Lucasfilm also know that the hardcore and resentful Special Edition basher fans who campained to get the unaltered original trilogy released are also the most geeky and perfectionnists about the quality?If so they would know in advance that if the releases are shoddy then they won't sell to anyone...because the regular hyperspace member/Lucas worshipping fans are happy with last years box set

K.M.

Robert, there's nothing I can say that can convince you because I've said everything I can. These DVDs, unless things change, are being sourced from the D2 masters made in 1993, which at the time was the state of the art. Either you'll believe me or you won't.

Neil

And Joe still isn't funny at all  Don't go changin, Joe.

Im still not funny hummmmnnnnn.

when did this happen, and why hasn't anyone told me? :o

Someone please confirm this.

Maybe I need to change.

Dude, I just told you not to go chaaaaangiiiin..... Let's not be rash here. We love you just the way you aaaaaare... doo dooo doo doooooo...

These DVDs, unless things change, are being sourced from the D2 masters made in 1993, which at the time was the state of the art. Either you'll believe me or you won't.

I like the little out you gave yourself with "unless things change" because you still haven't said HOW you know they're being sourced from the D2 masters aside from "Ward said 1993 blah blah" Ward left it very open to interpretation. You took YOUR interpretation based on your bad feelings towards the company, said "it's true" and ran all over the internet with it. THAT'S what I'm talking about. I know what your assumptions are and how fervently you believe in them, but just because you BELIEVE them really hard doesn't make them fact. yet. I'm not saying you might NOT be right. You might well be. But you DO NOT KNOW. You don't. You're guessing. I read when you made the first post in response to this over at OT.com, and you admitted it was a guess and a prediction THEN. You didn't KNOW for sure. NOW you're saying you KNEW even BEFORE the announcement was made. Shady, dude.

You're being dishonest telling people that your guess is TOTAL TRUTH and that's bush. It's crapping on YOUR credibility you got from fanning the swapped surrounds flames. You're not doing anyone ANY kind of service yet. Wait until you actually know what you're talking about, or until you feel comfy TELLING us how you for certain KNOW what you're talking about outside of "predictions" and "Guesses" okay? That's all I'm saying. Healthy skepticism I don't have a problem with. Misleading people out of a grudge with Lucasfilm is totally different, and people are taking you at your word based on your guess and it's making discussion way more complicated then it needs to be because then everything gets sidetracked as people have to explain that YOU REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT YET.

All I'm asking is that you lay back and wait for a second, or cough up how you "know" what you know.

Sorry, still agree with Roberts.

Although Neil COULD be right. A few years ago I bought another DVD release of the original Dawn Of The Dead. Why? Because it had a second disc featuring the EUROPEAN cut of the movie. WHOOO!! I was overjoyed!!!

I popped in the disc as soon as I could and watched it... It SUCKED! The quality was WORSE than my old VHS!

The AMERICAN print was crisp-clear however. It hit me: they just didn't put ANY effort in the transfer of the Euro-cut.

This COULD happen to Star Wars.

Wouldn't be surprised too.

But, again, NOBODY knows yet.

Although Neil COULD be right. A few years ago I bought another DVD release of the original Dawn Of The Dead. Why? Because it had a second disc featuring the EUROPEAN cut of the movie. WHOOO!! I was overjoyed!!!

I popped in the disc as soon as I could and watched it... It SUCKED! The quality was WORSE than my old VHS!  

The AMERICAN print was crisp-clear however. It hit me: they just didn't put ANY effort in the transfer of the Euro-cut.  

This COULD happen to Star Wars.

Something similar happened with Anchor Bay's release of Supergirl. It's nice to have the director's cut along with the international cut, but the quality is quite substandard.

Also, I praise Neil for looking out for the contents of our wallets. If what he says turns out to be true, bye-bye new Star Wars DVDs.

Also, I praise Neil for looking out for the contents of our wallets.

WHAT?! These remarks makes me want to run to the toilet like Speedy Gonzales! I DEFINATELY don't need Neil to tell me how to live my life! What's next? Neil's gonna tell us what clothes to wear? What music to listen to? How many times we should pray?

The funny thing is; there would actually be members here who would blindly follow him...

Is Neil really interested in OUR welfare, or does he just want to show the world how much he hates Lucasfilm?

Again Neil; you COULD be right. Maybe this is just like the Dawn Of The Dead situation. Perhaps likely indeed.

However; by the time it can actually be confirmed the word-of-mouth will stop those people who don't appreciate "1993" technology.

Obviously I'd prefer it if the original versions were restored, but I'll probably get this anyway, since the only form I have the original version in is a worn-out VHS. :o

WHAT?! These remarks makes me want to run to the toilet like Speedy Gonzales! I DEFINATELY don't need Neil to tell me how to live my life! What's next? Neil's gonna tell us what clothes to wear? What music to listen to? How many times we should pray?

The funny thing is; there would actually be members here who would blindly follow him...

Is Neil really interested in OUR welfare, or does he just want to show the world how much he hates Lucasfilm?

Again Neil; you COULD be right. Maybe this is just like the Dawn Of The Dead situation. Perhaps likely indeed.

However; by the time it can actually be confirmed the word-of-mouth will stop those people who don't appreciate "1993" technology.

You sound like you'd rather censor this information and have people buy these DVD's blindfolded at their potentially mediocre audio and video presentation. Don't you think it's better to be safe than sorry?

You sound like you'd rather censor this information and have people buy these DVD's blindfolded at their potentially mediocre audio and video presentation.

ABSOLUTELY NOT! But again; NOBODY knows yet. And most people who are on the Internet, read messageboard-topics and all, will not buy these BLINDFOLDED anyway.

You sound like you'd rather censor this information and have people buy these DVD's blindfolded at their potentially mediocre audio and video presentation. Don't you think it's better to be safe than sorry?

Discounting fan bootlegs or buying into the dead medium of LaserDisc, at least it would be better than those VHSes be it the originals or those taped off TV :):o

Sure, but on the DVD format, I want nothing short of the best it has to offer, especially if it's Star Wars. If they have the original Dolby 6-track masters to work with, than a feeble Dolby Digital 2.0 just doesn't cut it.

YOU REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT YET.

What part is not getting through to you? I was told, in no uncertain terms 2 weeks ago, that the old masters were being used. I didn't say a thing because I wasn't about to betray a contact (I'm not an unscrupulous USA Today reporter) and I didn't know when they were coming or being announced. I didn't say anything when they were announced because I didn't know how accurate my information was. When I read Ward's comment, it matched up with what I was told. That's it. I'm telling you what I know. You think I'm a liar. My reputation at this board and on-line speaks for itself.

Neil

While I don't always agree with him if there is anyone's advice or opinion on this board I will actually listen to it's Neil.

And besides aren't most of you old enough to not throw a hissy fit when someone posts stuff on the internet that you don't like?

To be honest I expect Lucas to dump a crappy version of the trilogy on DVD so 5 years from now he can "find" pristine copies of the original trilogy and dump them on the market again.

I miss my old chair.

:jump:

I was told, in no uncertain terms 2 weeks ago, that the old masters were being used.

Yeah, but if you were told that, then how come you didn't just say "I was told this" when the news first broke? You called it a "prediction" and a guess. You made great pains to let people know this was your assumption. Not that you were TOLD something from two people behind the scenes, in the know, that you never mentioned until people, who noted your online reputation as a mean-spirited humorless zealot, started giving you crap for running around the internet immediately trying to undercut everyone's astonishment at the news. ONLY THEN did you start telling everybody that not only do you KNOW your guesses are facts, and not only do you KNOW exactly what you're talking about, but now you KNEW it two weeks before everyone else, and then you didn't tell anyone anything even hinting at it, not out of a sense of propriety, but because you didn't actually TRUST the people who told you something. Which sort of calls their credibility into question, doesn't it, if even YOU aren't buying it?

But when the news feeds your skepticism, suddenly what was iffy and unsure magically transmogrifies into truth? Interesting axiom to work from, Neil.

Tell me that doesn't look shady as hell, Neil. Your reputation isn't the most glowing, dude. You're marginalizing yourself. Shoulda waited for a minute, and then you could have led the charge. I'm not trying to "censor" any information, I'm trying to stop supposition and assumption from being passed off as actual information. There's a difference. I came here because I know this is Neil's homebase, pretty much, and I can get directly at him from here.

And besides aren't most of you old enough to not throw a hissy fit when someone posts stuff on the internet that you don't like?

LOL. Hissy-fit my ass. What do you call Neil's first post? "I could scream and gnash my teeth and call down the thunder and beat my chest and spit the ground up shards of my teeth inbetween gnashes, but I won't." Comical.

Fatboy Roberts.

I don't know how you are used to conducting yourtself on that wretch of a Forum you call MF.com. (I usually call it heap O' dung.com, catchy, isn't it?), but around here, the word of Neil S. Bulk goes a long way

Neil's dislike for the shoddy bussiness practices is well known.

But it is also true that Neil has never lied or otherwise distrort the truth in an effort to wrongfully smear Lucasfilm's good name.

His vast knowledge of Star wars ables him to accuratly detect and report any obvious errors in thinking, or deliberate creative descisions made by the good people at Lucasfilm.

Are you even a fan of the Music of John Williams?

What the hell are you doing here?

Or as one would say it on that MF.com forum:

Your crackwhore mother became pregnant after her john paid extra to squirt his salty yoghurt into her swollen gaping snatch, and she didn't have a coat hanger to get rid of you in time. So piss off!

Oh wait, that may be too clever.....

Guys, please all stop acting like a bunch of 4 year olds, ok.

Whether Roberts has a place here or not, I won't even comment on that.

However; while I'm in no way choosing sides on this: I do agree with Roberts 100%.

I find Neil's sequence of reports really dubious and unconvincing. Not saying it isn't true; just straight weird.

It is possible that they will use the 1993 transfers. But I don't see anyone really dismissing that. Hell; even my 12 year nephew came up with that conclusion, so you don't have to be f*cking Fox Mulder to uncover that. The big question remains how it will look on DVD and what additional work is done to make it a good presentation nonetheless. Nobody knows how the damn thing will look.

And you know what is kind of typical too: a lot of members were ready to suck Neil's "love gun" after he gave top-secret (wink, wink) information (that basically was already on Starwars.com - but, I guess Neil thinks were a bunch of dummies in here). They praised him for "enlighting" them and for being the gaurdian of their bank accounts.

They felt being accurate informed was a valuable thing.

I believe that too.

However; Roberts comes in here and sheds light on the matter from a different perspective. I think he (or anyone) has the right to do so (for obvious reasons). And, all of a sudden, he is pissed on and stuff like that for contradicting "almighty" Neil.

Roberts has made some very good points! Read them and you will know what he means. If you REALLY want the "truth" than read reports from both sides.

Because in reality; neither Neil nor Roberts know exactly what's going on. The difference is that Roberts at least admits that.

Guys, please all stop acting like a bunch of 4 year olds, ok.

Why exactly?

Whether Roberts has a place here or not, I won't even comment on that.

You don't have to, it resides in the hands of the Moderator.

However; while I'm in no way choosing sides on this: I do agree with Roberts 100%.

Thus choosing the judgement over someone you do not know at all, over a person who has been here for ages, and has proven very reliable?

Mainly ME!

I find Neil's sequence of reports really dubious and unconvincing. Not saying it isn't true; just straight weird.

It is possible that they will use the 1993 transfers. But I don't see anyone really dismissing that. Hell; even my 12 year nephew came up with that conclusion, so you don't have to be f*cking Fox Mulder to uncover that. The big question remains how it will look on DVD and what additional work is done to make it a good presentation nonetheless. Nobody knows how the damn thing will look.

Do you have the 1993 Laserdiscs Roald?

As long as it is a 720 x 480 letterboxed image, who really cares if it is the same as the 1993 edition - because VHS was only 320 x 240 interlaced. As long as it is DVD resolution, it will be much better than any VHS or laserdisc. Laserdisc is lower res than 720 x 480 (DVD res). I highly doubt they'll be lower res than standard DVD.

People complained about the colors on the 2004 restoration anyway, so isn't the other one better? And have you not heard of color/tint/contrast/brightness on your own TV?

As long as it is a 720 x 480 letterboxed image' date=' who really cares if it is the same as the 1993 edition - because VHS was only 320 x 240 interlaced. As long as it is DVD resolution, it will be much better than any VHS or laserdisc. Laserdisc is lower res than 720 x 480 (DVD res). I highly doubt they'll be lower res than standard DVD.[/quote']

Yes, but the question is.

Will these be regular letterbox or anamorphic?

If they use the 1993 masters, they probably will be standard letterbox, which mean that the picture quality will be a staggering 33% less then that of an anamorphic widescreen picture.

They might run the 1993 version through a computer to magically turn it into anamorphic, but you can do that on a home PC too, and it doesn't give you any improvement in image quality. (though it will enable them to put that fancy "anamorphic" logo on the DVD boc. :jump:

People complained about the colors on the 2004 restoration anyway, so isn't the other one better? And have you not heard of color/tint/contrast/brightness on your own TV?

You mean I have to keep dicking about with the settings on my TV just because someone else didn't do a proper job?

But the problem isn't colr, not at all, it's pretty good on the 1993 Laserdisc. It's resolution.

they probably will be standard letterbox, which mean that the picture quality will be a staggering 33% less then that of an anamorphic widescreen picture.

They might run the 1993 version through a computer to magically turn it into anamorphic, but you can do that on a home PC too, and it doesn't give you any improvement in image quality. (though it will enable them to put that fancy "anamorphic" logo on the DVD boc. :ola:

Well I hope not. But if they do, like I said, for me it would be better than nothing. :jump:

I don't know how you are used to conducting yourtself on that wretch of a Forum you call MF.com.

Dude, I haven't posted there in about a year now. You can see how I "conduct myself" at Home Theater Forum. Or you can just read here. If you'd done that, you'd at least have the answer to the "What the hell are you doing here" question. Because I'll re-post that if you want:

I came here because I know this is Neil's homebase, pretty much, and I can get directly at him from here.

See. Right there in the post. Convienient :jump:

Stefan: As Roald is saying, whether I make sick jokes at Joe's expense from a year ago on a messageboard no one visits anymore (and good lookin out not posting Joe's equally sick replies, mostly because they were very unfunny. Although you misspelled yogurt rather uncleverly) doesn't mean I'm not making sense. What you're basically doing is ignoring what I'm saying because I'm not Neil. And that's pretty damned illogical. Especially since he's admitted a couple times he's just GUESSING. Now that he's augmenting his guesses after the fact with information he apparently got BEFORE the fact? C'mon now.

Neil's got a hard-on for crusading against the powers that be. All I'm saying is maybe Neil should just fluff that sucker for a little bit until there's SERIOUS reason to start waving it around from messageboard to messageboard. And if there's serious reason, backed up by something more than "if" and "i dunno" and "I wasn't sure about their word" and whatever, then hell yeah, go get em Neil, rage against the machine with great vengeance and furious anger. But he's got nothing right now, and to discount the just as plausible and possible alternatives to this "laserdisc port" theory simply because they don't come from Neil is shortsighted to the point of being blind. I'm not saying I don't understand WHY people would be eager to believe his guess as fact. Oh, I most definitely do. but nobody knows what's up yet. Put down the pitchforks until there's actually something solid to complain about, and people actually know what they're talking about.

For example: People are going "this sucks if they don't use the Dolby 6 track" and they're not realizing that the 6 track mix isn't going to break down to a 5.1 real easy for them. That as a matter of fact, there aren't too many home theater systems (none, I can think of) that could correctly decode that 6 track, since 4 of the channels are all front speakers, one is a mono surround, and one is a baby boom. You'd get a more accurate representation of that mix with the 2.0, actually. Sonically, that is. But people just assume that the 6 track means it'd fold down to 5.1, and that's a false assumption.

Just as Neil's assumption about the laserdisc masters might very well be. It might not. But he has a responsibility to YOU GUYS to not pass his assumption off as fact. That's all I'm saying here.

Hasn't starwars.com already stated that they will be using the 1993 master?

Right now the real question is, what exactly is the picture and sound quality of those masters?

Is it identical to the 1933 Laserdiscs, or better.

I'm pretty certain anamorphic picture was not a factor in 1993 home video though.

From www.thedigitalbits.com:

"One of the discs in each set will include the recent "2004" special edition version of the film, while the other disc will include the original theatrical version in anamorphic widescreen video, with audio in Dolby Digital 2.0 surround"

I don't need anyone telling me what I can or can't buy. If I choose to buy the sets then I will. I will actually be buying this set. As Roberts said, all Neil is doing is assuming and making guesses. I for one don't believe a word Neil says.

All we can do until these DVD's come out in just over 5 months is speculate how it will be.

This all "mighty, holier than though" attitude from Neil though needs to stop and it's gotten old pretty quickly.

Hasn't starwars.com already stated that they will be using the 1993 master

No. They didn't. See what I'm talking about? the press release is still up there at starwars.com. You can read it. You don't have to just read Neil's secondhand interpretation of what it "really" means.

All this hand-wringing is moot until anyone can see what the hell the discs LOOK LIKE, and we're quite a ways off from that.

From www.thedigitalbits.com:

"One of the discs in each set will include the recent "2004" special edition version of the film, while the other disc will include the original theatrical version in anamorphic widescreen video, with audio in Dolby Digital 2.0 surround"

Interesting, and very encouraging.

Does The Digital Bits have real info or are they just speculating?

I don't really know that site very well.

Hasn't starwars.com already stated that they will be using the 1993 master

No. They didn't. See what I'm talking about? the press release is still up there at starwars.com. You can read it. You don't have to just read Neil's secondhand interpretation of what it "really" means.

All this hand-wringing is moot until anyone can see what the hell the discs LOOK LIKE, and we're quite a ways off from that.

I'm sorry, you are right, it was Jim Ward said in USA Today they will be state of the art 1993.

Which certainly suggest they will be using the 1993 elements.

Thus choosing the judgement over someone you do not know at all, over a person who has been here for ages, and has proven very reliable?

Mainly ME!

I don't want to sound "gayish" or like someone from an occult group, but I love all you guys. You are like my virtual buddies. Joe, Stefan, Marc, Vosk, etc. Even Neil and Tommy :jump:

But, I will not "copy" the thoughts of any if I don't agree with them. I'm not part of that "jerking each other of" phenomena.

I'm sorry, you are right, it was Jim Ward said in USA Today they will be state of the art 1993.

Which certainly suggest they will be using the 1993 elements.

This is what my 12 year old nephew also thought. And he's no Einstein or something.

Going to sleep now. Bye you all!

But there's a LOT of wiggle room there, isn't there Stefan? Sure, it could be the D2 master--but that doesn't explain why Ward said they went into the archives looking for the best materials to use. Not a big trip into the archives if all they found was a D2 master, right? Especially since that D2 master doesn't have the original scroll on it. But yeah, they could just edit the old scroll onto the D2 master--but is that master pre image-cleanup (smearing) or post? Are they going from the interpositive they used to make the d2? Or are they just going from the D2? There's all kinds of questions that no one knows the answer to, and probably WON'T know the answer to until a couple months out at the least.

Nobody knows how this thing is going to look, that's point blank. Nobody can say different. So to try to lead boycotts and run around the internet like Paul Revere gnashing teeth and screaming and claiming to "look out for your best interests" without even coming with anything solid? That's garbage.

I don't want to sound "gayish" or like someone from an occult group, but I love all you guys. You are like my virtual buddies. Joe, Stefan, Marc, Vosk, etc. Even Neil and Tommy :jump:

Neil and Tommy are on the opposite sides of the MB spectrum as far as i'm concerned.

With Neil being the very brightest light, and Tommy being the giant smoking turn that you want to avoid slipping over.

But at least both are willing (in their own way) go go into a discussion with full force, you usually bail out once it gets complicated.

This is what my 12 year old nephew also thought. And he's no Einstein or something.  

12 year olds never are...

That's why I loathe them.

you usually bail out once it gets complicated.

I've made my point already 15 times. No need in repeating myself.

Once more: just wait until September. NOBODY knows what these DVD's will look like yet.

20060503_1_bg.jpg

20060503_2_bg.jpg

Can anyone who owns the Laserdiscs make a comparison to these screenshots posted at StarWars.com? They look good to me, but it may just be the low resolution of the pictures masking a lack of quality.