Original Star Wars trilogy on DVD this fall

Seth

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PROBABLY, HELL HE'S BEEN RIGHT FROM THE F'ING BEGINNING

perhaps some of you ought to finally get a clue, that Neil doesn't post out of the side of his ass, that he

actually posts from a position of knowledge.

Whoo... bad day again Joe? ROTFLMAO

Some of the older members are always angry and usually unhelpful and overly sarcastic.

PROBABLY, HELL HE'S BEEN RIGHT FROM THE F'ING BEGINNING

perhaps some of you ought to finally get a clue, that Neil doesn't post out of the side of his ass, that he

actually posts from a position of knowledge.

Whoo... bad day again Joe? :P

no, not a bit, my day was just starting, and its gone well.

but it does get old seeing people constantly disrespecting one of our most knowledgable posters.

then we get newbie turds like Dr. R, who can't even insult someone properly.

Ah Fridays, and the JW fansite.

Hey Joe you little prick, I wasn't insulting you ! - don't call me a friggin' turd.

Just because I don't post much, I'm a newbie? I don't think so scoob.

Why so defensive ? I hit a nerve?

You're doing the insulting !

But it just proves to me you probably are the fool I think you are.

Unbelievable.

And this is still all about some Star Wars DVD's right? I really have to look at the Post Your Picture Here thread from the Other Topics section to convince myself I'm debating with adults here. LOL

Neil, man you gotta let us out of your ass,

MODERATOR'S NOTE: If I see one more person posting a personal attack in this thread, I will lock this thread, and ban that poster for a week. I don't care who it is.

Now play nice, children.

:P

(Not really daring to give you anything more than my favorite smiley. Imagine; being banned for a week! The horror! I mean; what the hell would I be doing on Friday and Saturday evening then? ;) )

Dear Dr. Ramshack,

I am sincerely sorry that I said bad things about you. I don't even know who you are and I should not have taken out my wrath on you. I appreciate your contributions to this thread, and I will not personally attack you on this thread again. Peace, and contentment are yours.

JOE, also known as Landru.

anybody want to go to the farmers market with me and frances this morning?

Fair enough Joe, please accept my apologies also - sorry man.

I'm sure the last thing we both want is to be banned by someone alot younger than us, that would be embarrassing.

Ramshank ( who's not really a Dr )

Roald, were is your buddy Fatboy Roberts now?

Im not trying to start anything, but as I was reading this, I heard it in my minds voice.

its sounded like Edward G Robinson in the Ten Commandments.

if so then that means it isn't as they originally appeared in the theatre, because its just Star Wars.

Roald, were is your buddy Fatboy Roberts now?

Im not trying to start anything, but as I was reading this, I heard it in my minds voice.

its sounded like Edward G Robinson in the Ten Commandments.

LOL

:mrgreen:

Be aware, though, that an anamorphic transfer does not offer additional horizontal resolution, as this image may suggest.

It only correctly illustrates the difference in scale of an anamorphic vs. non-anamorphic transfer when watched on a widescreen set.

Be aware, though, that an anamorphic transfer does not offer additional horizontal resolution, as this image may suggest.

It only correctly illustrates the difference in scale of an anamorphic vs. non-anamorphic transfer when watched on a widescreen set.

I specifically avoided all references to "lines of resolution" and that sort of thing. I wanted to present the case as simply as possible without confusing the issue.

Neil

So for anyone holding onto those last vestiges of hope that the information I and others have been sharing on-line since this set was first announced, Lucasfilm has officially acknowledged that the old laserdisc transfers are indeed the source for these movies on DVD.

He literally DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT.

"Here endeth the lesson."

Neil