New ROTJ Ending (2006)

Jeshopk

Let me ask you this. If you had the power to come back from the dead wouldn't you rather come back as the person you were before you made the biggest mistake in the history of the universe (including killing your wife, betraying your friend, etc)? If anything, it didn't make sense that old Anakin was there fully limbed in the first place.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The years in the Dark Side don't count. Lucas' official explanation.

Kill children. Kill your wife. Torture your daughter. Blow up planets. Cut off your sons hand. Repent two minutes before you die and enjoy eternal youth.

Nice moral.

Neil

Let me ask you this.  If you had the power to come back from the dead wouldn't you rather come back as the person you were before you made the biggest mistake in the history of the universe (including killing your wife, betraying your friend, etc)?

That's assuming you had a choice.

If anything, it didn't make sense that old Anakin was there fully limbed in the first place.

But it's OK to have a younger, fully-limbed Anakin? :P

Because it suggests the spirit of Anakin joined the Force when he turned to the Dark Side. It left him at that point. That leads to the conclusion that the Anakin that was an old man could not be saved. Thus throwing the entire "there is still good in him and he can be redeemed" stuff from RotS and RotJ straight out the window.

Also, the whole thing smells of Lucas tinkering for no reason other than that he found something new to waste ILM's time on.

Have you guys heard the theory by paranormal researchers that ghosts appear to people not as they look when they died, but as the image that they see themselves as? For instance, a man who died when ill would have a healthy looking ghost because the consciousness of that ghost would not see the sick time as his typical self.

Kill children. Kill your wife.  Torture your daughter.  Blow up planets.  Cut off your sons hand.  Repent two minutes before you die and enjoy eternal youth.

Nice moral.

Neil

That aspect of The Force is based on the time-honored Catholic tradition.

*whines* Is the untouched version out yet?

It was cool, Jes. Just...I have a soft spot for "Ewok Celebration" and you left that out and young Anakin in. May the Force screw you. j/k

It was cool, Jes. Just...I have a soft spot for "Ewok Celebration" and you left that out and young Anakin in. May the Force screw you.

So you wanted me to show the Bespin/Tatooine/Naboo/Coruscant sequence with the original Ewok celebration? That would have been interesting. And you wanted me to put shaw back in using what DVD rip?

I don't think that having a young Anakin appear is very valid. Lucas might have explained it, but in my eyes it only adds to the mistakes that he has already made.