What c.d 's would you have John Williams Sign?

King Mark

Ok.you'll probably write your favourite score,but keep in mind if the cover of your favourite c.d. is dark or has a complex pattern than Williams signature wouldn't show off very well.I'd pick a great score with a nice cover,or something unusual...

Give 3 choices.

Like..i'll post my 3 choices later

K.M.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had him sign my Accidental Tourist CD. He gasped and said "I cannot believe anyone remembers that film" with a sort of semi-delight. I knew that one would be a departure from the usual discs he signs.

Yes,like I was thinking about the "Lost in Space" Volume 1 cover.Just to see if he'd have something to say about his TV days or his first space adventure score.

K.M.

The Terminal would be ideal, just based on all the white space, but I'd still go with Jurassic Park and see if I could him to switched quickly to a silver pen. It could work. For JP he could tag the part between the bottom of the title outline and the "Music Composed and...." line. I have plenty of stuff that would surprise him, and that feeling of "I was one of the few fans here that shocked him with an old or rare CD" would be cool, but I'd rather get one of my personal favorite scores, that I enjoy the most.

Tim

I would pick "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" because it was the first Williams CD I ever bought. :thumbup:

I can't think of two others...maybe Star Wars and E.T.

My Star Wars 1977 tape set. I know it's not a CD, but that's the oldest thing I own from Williams. Besides the background is white, so perfect for signing.

I'd have him sign either my laserdisc of E.T. or else the cd of The Five Sacred Trees. Of course that could change.

The Patriot.

I never listen to it, so it's the only way that CD can have any value more me.

I think it's a pretty ho-hum score too. Gosh, Emmerich/Devlin actually managed to make John Williams write irritating music! Damn them. Damn them all to hell.....

I'd have him sign my Jaws record, my Superman Record, and my Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom record, screw the cd's,

Then I'd bring Superman 2,Jaws 4 and Jurassic Park 3.

i think one of our members was killed when he tried to get JW sign a bootleg of A.I.

K.M.

I would have him sign the picture cd of him from the SW Anthology (with a white ink pen), disc 1 from Superman and Raiders.

I've been lucky enough to have him sign A.I., HPSS, HPCOS, HPPA, and Schindler's. The next thing I'd like him to sign is a large photo of us.

Gosh, Emmerich/Devlin actually managed to make John Williams write irritating music! Damn them. Damn them all to hell.....

So, when Williams writes a bad score, we can blame the director/producer. ;)

I think it's a pretty ho-hum score too.  Gosh, Emmerich/Devlin actually managed to make John Williams write irritating music!  Damn them.  Damn them all to hell.....

No, I put the blame completely on John T. Williams.

David Arnold should have scored that film.

I still have a few LPs stored away in my garage. I could get him to sign my Jaws 3 LP... ;) I could tell him his theme is in there, slightly.

If he was able to I'd have him sign all my Star Wars CD's.

The UE for TPM, OST's for TPM, AOTC, and ROTS, the Sony 2004 OT sets and the Anthology set. ;)

I'd have him sign my face.

The my adventures on earth signature edition cover.

I would have him sign CEOTTK, E.T., and my unofficial 2-cd Bootleg version of Hook - all with a silver pen that I would supply him.

I wonder how he would react to the Bootleg version of Hook?

I actually went and saw that film in the theater when it was released and I don't even remember anything about it.

I would probably have him sign Hook. I think I've been listening to it too much lately.