John Williams in the band "sky"

Hello!

Recently i bought a LP with the titel "sky". Above where the names of the members. Among them where John Williams. I don't know much about him, so i hope some of you could help me out.

The questing is: could this John on my LP, be THE John Williams whom have composed all sorts of great music.

Hope you can help me. :)

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Guitarist Williams should change his name and stop confusing people.

Dan - who thinks John Williams should've played guitar for John Williams on Stepmom.

:mrgreen: "1900's Madness #2" from The Legend Of 1900 (Morricone)

Isn't he a singer or something?

Dan - who thinks they should all convene and put on a real "John Williams: Birthday Celebration" concert.

:music: "Overture" from The Cowboys

Could be. Maybe an editor or something.

Dan - who's intrigued and will ask around

:music: "Abbe Feria" from The Count Of Monte Cristo (Shearmur)

I do recall seeing a John Williams credited as an editor, but I can't remember for which film.

Incidentally, Andreas:

I hope you liked the Sky album. JW, the guitarist, got together with other top rock and classical session players to form one of the first fusion albums, which is the album you got. If you liked it, I strongly recommend you get Sky 2 and Sky 3, both are far superior to the first (the third one is my favorite).

JW, the guitarist, is to classical guitar what JW, the composer, is to film music and I would absolutely love it if they collaborated on a project. It wouldn't be too hard, since both of them have contracts with Sony. So far, the closest to this has been the guitarist's recording of Schindler's List, which is a wonderful arrangement; highly recommended.

A "John H. Williams" I've seen credited in movies including Seven Years in Tibet.

There was a basketball player in the late 80s called John Williams.

somehow the accordian player John Williams needs to be worked in.

Really?!? LOL L O L I didn't know there was an accordion player named John Williams LOL :biglaugh:

Yes! When I used to go on eBay and look up things for John Williams, I'd get loads of painter "John Williams Waterhouse", guitarist "John Williams", and athlete "John Williams".

Dan - who is signing off now, because he's tired, and he bids Hector and Harry a good night.