Youtube clips

KingPin

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0m-tvGI49YQ

First thing to come up when you search for Spielberg, so it's probably been mentioned before. But I hadn't seen it before. JW's in it for a few seconds, saying nothing new. It was cute to see Sean Connery humming the Jaws theme.

Most of it is amateur fair, but there are some good questions and answers in there. I wonder how they got Spielberg, Connery and Ford for this, none of them are particularly prolific interviewees.

I can't stand Catherine Tate, but this has some good novelty value ;)

She is annoying a character as ever I've witnessed.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rEI0h2LQMIo

I've been quite taken with this clip. Always loved the piece, naturally (Saw Zubin Mehta conduct it live with fireworks, it was amazing), and I just love 'The Hut on Hen's Legs' for piano (3:57 on).

Here's my newest video, this time, it's from Hook.

"The Stories Are True" Alternate (not the album alternate). I decided to use the other alternate as it was very different where as the album alternate is nearly the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phZ3b7Ld2g0

Sorry about the weird presentation of the aspect ratio. I thought I'd fixed the problem, but I have a new program and I'm still learning it.

I'm still more valuable to this MB then he is!

Stef, don't worry. The message board would not be the same without you. No one can replace your dry wit and sarcasm. ;)

However hard we try :baaa:

Here's my next vid as promised, "Home of the Lost Boys"

The changes in this were different than the others. I decided to extend the sequence, but, without having the extra footage, I simply had to insert little plates. I only did it twice. Once right before the end of "The Lost Boys," and once during the "Entrance of Rufio."

The End of "The Lost Boys" has it because if you watch the film, the boy never really finishes the word "PAN!" while on camera, the sound is faded into the next shot, so it was trimmed slightly so it says "Missing Frames."

Roofio, however, has a few missing shots. Since that music isn't used, they had that luxury to remove it.

It would seem this sequence was trimmed in places past these as well (usually just a few moments here and there) as the music has been edited and such. And it makes sense that they removed Rufio's music and simply shortened his entrance since that whole sequence is a bit too long... so it all makes sense.

Also, I meant to mention, when Peter is being told to "Play,"that sequence uses synth percussion. That particualar synth instrument IS heard in the track, but not heard in that section. If you listen to the album, you can hear simply horns and strings during this (At least I can't make out that percussion). HOWEVER, if you layer them, they work together perfectly so that's what I did in this was simply layer the album over the film.

Anyways, that's really allthe changes I made.

You can watch it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw4mgzdZux4

That took her hours. That guy went from watching the opening of Raiders to the final scenes of Last Crusade.

Also, did anyone else expect to hear a deep booming voice go "Zuuuuuul!!!" when she opened the fridge?

Wow, I haven't seen that commercial since 1989..... :blink:

If I'm correct that commercial was on the VHS release of LC.

Er... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH0GYesGYFI...ted&search=

It involves JW. You may laugh, you may not.

I laughed when "John Williams" snorted coke. I stoped laughing when I heard this:

"This is the theme song to Raiders of the Lost Ark."

:blink:

Obviously not made by music fans.

That took her hours. That guy went from watching the opening of Raiders to the final scenes of Last Crusade.

Also, did anyone else expect to hear a deep booming voice go "Zuuuuuul!!!" when she opened the fridge?

LOL! I totally thought something similar. When she opened it and all the wind came out,I was like "What?... I don't remember that in any of the movies" and the only thing I could think of was like "Are you the Key Master" or something lol...

The only time that I've seen that commercial was when my Dad and I watched a VHS copy of The Last Crusade. It had that commercial before the trailers.

Some agreeable lady fans salute John Williams

"He's 78, and I would love him to death"

HAHA! I think they were high. Seriously.

Er... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH0GYesGYFI...ted&search=

It involves JW. You may laugh, you may not.

:o Man, they must've been really bored. And maybe that white powder wasn't fake...

Speaking of weird shorts, here are two to Stravinsky's Rite of Spring:

Another girl in the city, with a gunman

Oh, and this is the most bizarre Rite performance I've seen:

I would've choked on my reed for laughing.

(BTW, the conductor himself actually uploaded the video!)

you know, it occurs to me... at about 1:37 (and repeated through the rest of the piece)... that flute part going up then down, then up and down... I heard it somewhere before recently...and I coudln't place it...

Until now..

The unused Presentaiton of Rufio music in Hook... it only happends once... the first two notes (unlike this where it's repeated). I've not heard Rite of Spring in it's entirety before... I might try that some time heh... hmmm

oh well... kinda cool though... in a way, id Imagine those watching the concert would be stunned... it would seem to say that you dont' know what to expect with that piece/performance... even those whom you shoudln't be paying attention to will catch you off guard... kinda cool

What, you think JW stole that little tiny ditty from Rite Of Spring? One word: Coincidence.

C'mon, give the man some credit.

Judging by your "Hmmm" I'm guessing this minor coincidence has made you feel compelled to reconsider the whole Hook score!

holy...shit...

All I said was that I felt I'd heard it before... it had been bothereing me all day... until just not too long ago, it dawned on me what it was... If you knew me at all, you'd know that's the LAST thing that I was saying.

I just was saying that it sounded like that... and ...

You know what... I don't need to explain myself...

OT: But has anyone seen the Wikipedia entry for Rite of Spring?

It's has this big indirect JW bash, making "note" that the SW OT scores "borrow heavily from The Rite, Stravinsky's other ballets, and myriad other composers."

As A Film Score:

Many subsequent film composers have been influenced by The Rite of Spring and sometimes make indirect references to it. For example, John Williams's theme for the Dune Sea of Tatooine in the original Star Wars soundtrack begins with a permutation of the introduction to Part II of the Rite of Spring. In fact, much of the original Star Wars score (as well throughout the two trilogies) borrows heavily (albeit in a modified fashion) from the Rite, Stravinsky's other ballets, and myriad other composers. In the sleeve notes of the special edition of the OST of Star Wars Episode IV, A New Hope, John Williams is quoted as saying that he broke one of his own cardinal rules, in that he listened to Lucas's temporary musical soundtrack. The incredibly close similarity of The Dune theme and the Introduction of Part II of Stravinsky's work suggest that George Lucas had used this very piece as music for that scene. Other similarities to the Rite are obvious in Williams' scores for Star Wars, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Jaws, and the Indiana Jones trilogy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rite_of_Spring

Yeah, sure Tattooine clearly was temped with Rite, but Indy and CE3K were ripped from it too? :o

Whatever,Star Wars scores sound better than whatever compositions they are inspired by.That's the magic of Williams

KM, have you ever heard Rite of Spring? :o

The score that takes the most from Rite is a lesser-known Philippe Sarde score called Lord of the Flies.

Who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree?

Sexual Harassment Panda.

Who explains sexual harassment to you and me?

Sexual Harassment Panda.

"Don't say that! Don't touch there!

Don't be nasty!" says the silly bear.

He's come to tell you what's right and wrong.

Sexual Harassment Panda.

I hadn't heard the Liberty Fanfare. I love his patriotic/fanfare music. Did anyone else hear The Mission (altered by one or two notes) in that piece?

Some Geisha music to a home vid... It's cherry blossom season here in Korea, so a bit of Going To School as I ride my bike to work past the cherry blossoms.. Mmm they looked really pretty, but my camcorder didn't really catch the colors...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rVp4ednICE

• 2 weeks later...