Youtube clips

KingPin

Hey, can somebody tell me please where I can find (on what album) that rendition of the Terminator Theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcBE19Kor4w

I am pretty sure (if not quite 100% certain) that that version is by the Cincinnati Pops Orchestra conducted by Erich Kunzel. It is one of the tracks on The Great Fantasy Adventure Album (Telarc CD-80342).

I had heard that version a long time ago, but I never knew what it was from. So I ordered the album the other day and got it today. I just listened to the Terminator theme in the home theater, cranked up nice and loud... it sounds awesome!

I love how the album has a warning on the back about the frequencies on certain tracks potentially damaging your stereo equipment. :)

Actually, on par with that alien prank clip that me, Hitch, and Marc enjoy SO much, the fellas that made that clip, over at www.chadmattandrob.com have some very clever "interactive videos" where you basically guide the action of their video stories: they present a cliffhanger with two possible solutions, and you choose the answer you want. The link takes you to another YouTube video where you see if you made a good choice or not. If not, they take you back and you pick the correct patch, and after several videos, you have a story. I got about halfway through the Time Machine story before I went to bed last night.

I'm holding onto a few of my favorite "choose your own adventure" books, though I am getting rid of the more boring ones. Some are almost as old as me, which is bizarre.

Julian Lloyd Webber plays Braveheart:

And here he plays Leonard Bernstein's beautiful "Somewhere":

What happens when a woman conducts John Williams?

Witness the singing strings! :blink:

I also can't help but like their Conanesque rendition of Duel of the Fates :lol:

What happens when a woman conducts John Williams?

Witness the singing strings! :mrgreen:

I also can't help but like their Conanesque rendition of Duel of the Fates :nopity:

That violinist at 0:39 seems awfully pretty....

I agree, though, that performance of "Duel of the Fates" does seem a bit like Conan the Barbarian. It also kind of reminded me of "Descent into Mystery".

We seriously need to get another woman conducting John Williams' music...people are gonna get the wrong idea!

Aww bless her, she looked like she was enjoying herself :blink:.

Oh and Nick, yes I noticed her too. The hottie on the right :lol:

Oh and Nick, yes I noticed her too. The hottie on the right ;)

I don't know which hottie you were looking at, the one I assumed he was talking about was always on the left, next to a dude.

Nah she is defo on the right. Are you sure you're not being drawn towards some random handsome dude who also plays violin? If so, don't be ashamed about it. :blink:

I don't know which hottie you were looking at, the one I assumed he was talking about was always on the left, next to a dude.

Nah she is defo on the right. Are you sure you're not being drawn towards some random handsome dude who also plays violin? If so, don't be ashamed about it. :blink:

Some individuals are attracted to males.

Some individuals are attracted to females.

;)

Now that everyone is amazed with such simple logic, let's move on.

Nah she is defo on the right. Are you sure you're not being drawn towards some random handsome dude who also plays violin? If so, don't be ashamed about it. :P

Go to the mark that Nick actually said. 40 seconds in, the chick is clearly on the left and clearly very attractive.

I've not listened to the Indy IV ost for a while, is the version of Irina's theme played above the same as that on the cd? Because I might just have to dust it off if it is. I like.

I've not listened to the Indy IV ost for a while, is the version of Irina's theme played above the same as that on the cd? Because I might just have to dust it off if it is. I like.

no, on the Ost it is an "abridged", shorter, harmonically simpler version... that one unfortunately is unreleased ;)

no, on the Ost it is an "abridged", shorter, harmonically simpler version... that one unfortunately is unreleased :(

I believe JW specifically expanded Irina's theme for this concert after the film had been released the same way he did with Marion's theme. Both concertized versions are absolutely gorgeous and it is a great shame no orchestra has yet recorded them for CD release. Irina's theme especially is pure film noir bliss ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Bill Bailey's Remarkable Guide to the Orchestra.

I caught the end of this on TV yesterday and it's available on BBC iPlayer for another week or so. You can hear his lyrics to John Williams's The Mission about 35 minutes in. It's very funny - I just hope the link works for those outside the UK.

I caught the end of this on TV yesterday and it's available on BBC iPlayer for another week or so. You can hear his lyrics to John Williams's The Mission about 35 minutes in. It's very funny - I just hope the link works for those outside the UK.

Fantastic - my wife and I have front row tickets for his tour in August.

• 2 weeks later...

For the fans of Nobuo Uematsu - quite a long interview with the composer. I haven't watch it yet but it looks very in-depth.

EDIT:

Bill Bailey singing to the NBC News Theme is hilarious!

You can see it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1wXSrQj7cs...feature=related

Bill Bailey singing to the NBC News Theme is hilarious!

You can see it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1wXSrQj7cs...feature=related

E.T. on a horse chased by Darth Vader! :) HAHAHA.

Now, I'd like to see that too!