Youtube clips

KingPin

Nic Raine conducts Ernest Gold's prelude to EXODUS

He also got the 20th Century Fox fanfare bang on on the 3rd attempt

Note to Self : Visit

some time. Put your speakers on loud and very full, for this one. You can imagine
himself as the organist, laughing manically while playing this awe inspiring piece in awe inspiring acoustics.

If you ever go to Notre Dame cathedral, make yourself a favor and catch a train to Chartres, which should take around 40 minutes. Not that's an atmospheric and absorbing ambiance.

If you ever go to Notre Dame cathedral, make yourself a favor and catch a train to Chartres, which should take around 40 minutes. Not that's an atmospheric and absorbing ambiance.

Thanks for the reccomendation. :D

What a fantastic clip, of one of my fav scores.

, live. As someone mentions in the comments, it's funny because all the swishes and clinking of swords seem like they're coming from the swinging of the conductor's baton once the camera zooms in. It's a memorable watch :music:

The very first time I think I've ever heard JW'smusic sampled - I can make out a few cues, but the context makes it difficult to isolate them in their original form. Still an interesting video.

Check out the guy's other samples, especially 'Alice' from Disney's "Alice in Wonderland", which is sampled to great affect.

this one even samples unreleased HP music from 0:40 onwards

I didn't even notice that the first time I heard it.

The guy's got skills to be able to visually edit and mix together elements from the whole soundtrack of a film like he does.

• 2 weeks later...

John Williams and the Boston Pops in Japan:

1. Flying Theme from E.T. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIu0YpWacwg&feature=related There is a funny moment at 2:19. He seems to be a bit confused about the score sheets at that moment :P

2. Stars and Stripes for ever http://www.youtube.com/user/idorasuka#p/u/47/aqh4hksjAdA

3. Star Wars Main Theme http://www.youtube.com/user/idorasuka#p/u/54/TE6X-haZAK4

• 2 weeks later...

Klingon bastards, you killed my son...

...but spared my daughter.

Here is what she's watching.

Is this viral for the new Star Trek online game coming out, or are they starting the promotions for Abrams' Star Trek 2 (or 12) this early?

"Don't you know this is a motherfuckin' John Williams site, boy?"

I love that he complains about everyone who complains about Obama being called a racist, because he clearly is a true blue (or should that be white?) racist. And psychotic to boot.

Jack Stamp's a legend around here. Everyone who went to I.U.P. or ever participated in a Pennsylvania band festival knows about him.

I've seen this demonstration many times, both by Dr. Stamp and by other directors copying him.

I know, right? I'm actually of the firm belief that the connection, musically at least, was completely intentional. I like that arrangement of the piece, that you linked to. I've been working on a brass ensemble arrangement of this piece that draws heavily from the ideas in this arrangement.

Hi everyone!

it's been a long time since I wrote for the last time, although I visit the forum on a daily basis. By the way, I have made a scene analysis of the music in Artificial Intelligence(the abandoned in the woods one) and I would like to share it with you. Although the text of my blog is spanish, the video is tagged in English in order to everybody to understand it.

Here you have, and hope to read your opinion about it: Abandoned in the Woods from A.I.

Hi everyone!

it's been a long time since I wrote for the last time, although I visit the forum on a daily basis. By the way, I have made a scene analysis of the music in Artificial Intelligence(the abandoned in the woods one) and I would like to share it with you. Although the text of my blog is spanish, the video is tagged in English in order to everybody to understand it.

Here you have, and hope to read your opinion about it: Abandoned in the Woods from A.I.

That was fantastic, most interesting. Can't wait to see further videos from you :)

Hi everyone!

That was fantastic, most interesting. Can't wait to see further videos from you :)

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it. I hope to upload a video once a month, I'll let you know.

Found this amazing clip made up entirely of

, mixed with a synthesized bass line and original percussion. This guy's done some others too. Probably not everyone's cup of tea, but I loved it.

EDIT - Just saw that someone posted this on the previous page. Sorry for the repeat!

Very interesting. Nice to see a kind of directors commentary in regard to music in a scene, and it would be nice for this kind of thing to be more common. Oddly enough I've still not the seen that movie, but this scene sparked my interest.

Interesting and unusual.

James Horner "Clang and Danger" would be a good one ;)