POTC movie music is now in the Disney World ride

Eric_JWFAN

I got to ride the newly refurbished Pirates ride at Disney World (Fla) today and among the many enhancements is the theme music to the movie playing during the ride. The purist in me hates this idea, but the other half of me says WHERE has the music BEEN all these years? It really does give a totally different effect and makes this slow moving ride a little more exciting.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a pretty fun theme, built for a pretty fun movie, and its dynamics allow it to serve as fun wallpaper for anything.

If you try to think too much about it, and look in to it for the next great innovative Stravinskian piece of music, or the new Cutthroat Island killing swashbuckler, as many people do, especially many die hard film score fanatics, then you will no doubt hate it.

Pardon the analogy but it's like looking for a soul mate and eternal lover in a whore.

I've been on the ride, but not with the movie theme implemented, and I do agree from what I can imagine, the old music would by comparison "drag" the ride down.

It's a pretty fun theme, built for a pretty fun movie, and its dynamics allow it to serve as fun wallpaper for anything.

If you try to think too much about it, and look in to it for the next great innovative Stravinskian piece of music, or the new Cutthroat Island killing swashbuckler, as many people do, especially many die hard film score fanatics, then you will no doubt hate it.

Pardon the analogy but it's like looking for a soul mate and eternal lover in a whore.

I've been on the ride, but not with the movie theme implemented, and I do agree from what I can imagine, the old music would by comparison "drag" the ride down.

From what I understand, the new version of the ride just opened this past Saturday after about a 2 month closure to implement the enhancements.

The old music (Yo Ho...) is still in it in places, but often times it has the newer underscore music beneath it which gives it a creepier feeling. (There'd be riots among Disney fanatics had they removed the original song altogether). Jack Sparrow is also in it now, and his animatronic looks amazingly like Depp.

More and more theme park attractions are starting to use underscoring to enhance the ride experience. Revenge of the Mummy at Universal Studios Florida has the Silvestri soundtrack. Space Mountain in Disney Land CA is adding a new soundtrack which will play throughout the ride. The Disney MGM indoor roller coaster has Aerosmith blasting through the entire ride. And now Pirates adding their soundtrack.

Didn't Giacchino write the new music for Space Mountain in Euro Disney?

Not sure about Euro Disney, but his music definitely plays at Disneland in Anaheim. I bought the "Official Album of the Disneyland Resort" last year when I was there, and it has Giacchino's music. Also, it has Williams's music from Star Tours and the Indiana Jones Ride.

Anthony