Presumed Innocent

Damo

I haven't seen the movie and I don't have the soundtrack. But I really like the piano in it. It sound so good. Does anyone has the soundtrack or heard it. What do you think?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This piece has also intrigued me... no ownership of the film or score, though. Actually, I've seen a DVD lying around the living room. I don't even know where it came from.

The piano is actually used throughout the score. I haven't seen the movie, but I'd probably say you should get the score if you like this side of Williams. Granted, there aren't any action cues or any pieces with much "quiet energy."

The theme does seem to be written specifically for the piano accompanied by the orchestra. The Piano solo for it is very well orchestral reduction. I even got the piano solo score for it so I am going learn to play it as soon as I get the chance to.

This piece has also intrigued me... no ownership of the film or score, though. Actually, I've seen a DVD lying around the living room. I don't even know where it came from.

I want to live in your living room then.

I always loved Presumed Innocent, even when I hardly knew what Williams had written and didn't know it was his score. Pick it up for sure.

Hey, I just watched the film. It was pretty good, but...

Nothing against this score (I really really like it a lot) but I would be wiling to bet JW created the entire thing in less than a week.

Yes. The score is pretty simplistic. In fact, it composed almost entirely of the motives from the main title suite. There's a light-hearted piece, "Family Life," which sounds a lot like the NBC news theme. Otherwise, the score pretty much reiterates the piano themes under various guises. There are a couple moments of orchestral flourish, horror music...

It's OK. Don't buy or look too closely at the CD if you haven't seen the film. Very embarassing track titles, mm-hm. I may pick it up some time...

Yes. The score is pretty simplistic. In fact, it composed almost entirely of the motives from the main title suite.

I remember when I first got the CD I was very disappointed with that. Every track sounded more or less the same. And yet the album's mood is nicely atmospheric in a sombre way and the main theme, which has been ripped off a couple of times by other composers, is actually very good.

Alex