Enough of this Avatar nonsense! Quint and Ren are back at it again (to all our woe)! And we have yet ANOTHER Gandalf on this board!!! If only people were happy with two...

It's funny that Wojo chose to stick with Gandalf the White....that was my gig ;) I only changed to Gandalf the Grey temporarily for the upcoming film.

The back and forth low-content posts turning anything you can find into sexual innuendo that goes back and forth for a while, cluttering up threads and increasing your post counts. I've warned you guys multiple times now. Warnings and suspensions come next.

I see no innuendo in this thread. But carry on with your hard work to make this place as dull as yourself, Jason. Make the place as bland and humourless as you like; it'll effectively be the death knell of the board. Have you forgotten the graveyard it was last week?

Maybe we need a new moderator. If not, then keep up the good work. Ban/suspend away, but know this: you're not doing yourself any favours in the eyes of the regulars here. That a cold fact.

Alice, apart from Steef's "punish me" post (which came after the fact), I genuinely don't know what Jason is referring to in this thread.

But anyway, what a crap conversation this. I'm leaving for a couple of days, it's too boring here at the moment. Pfft.

Ren, you know where you can get me.

I see no innuendo in this thread.

You're taking a piss!

jasonator, your avatar is annoyingly long. :(

You should see mine. :-)

I love the avatar nonsense.

And I like the Gandalfs....

You would love my Gandalf...

is your Gandalf grey or white?

Forgive my staggeringly naive innocence for not noticing that stuff flying over my head. Seriously.

I honestly believe I didn't notice it because it was about as lurid as an Enid Blyton one-liner.

Dude, relax. Please. You're coming across like a ginormous square.

It's funny that Wojo chose to stick with Gandalf the White....that was my gig

He's white no longer.

Curse you Wojo!!!

I am relaxed. And I don't want to kill all humor, or all off topic posts, or anything of that nature.

But I had asked Ren and Stefan twice before to knock off the flirting and innuendos and other back and forth low-content posts they've been making in various threads across both subforums, and I think I'm being nice today by only verballing warning them a third time rather then officially increasing their warning points and/or suspending them.

Venturing off the topic of a thread is fine, and is a JWFan tradition. Making some innuendos from time to time is fine, and has always happened here. The point is that I specifically asked them to stop the amount of low-content posts they were making - TWICE - and they continued to do so. This will not be tolerated. Moderator's decisions should be respected, whether you approve of them or not. If you disagree, you can always PM me, which no one has chosen to do about this topic. This is my final public word on the matter.

Let's get back to the topic of The Hobbit in this thread now please. Thank you.

You should just ban women to join then if you disapprove of pleasant flirting.

Did your parents come on the May flower?

You seem to be under the assumption that I have some personal dislike of innuendo, or flirting, or something like that. That could not be further from the truth. The problem is more than amount of low-content posts you guys have been making, not the specific nature of your low-content posts. I am doing my job as moderator to try to keep threads on track and not be filled up with low-content posts that the majority of readers will have to scroll past when reading a thread, possibly missing something important they would have wanted to read.

For the record, I love all manner of dick, fart, and pussy jokes, but I also know the appropriate time and place for them. I love this board, all its members, and that people get to display their personalities here, and that many connections and friendships and relationships have been made through it, and I want freedom of expression to continue. But when a moderator tells you that you've been doing so TOO MUCH, please just listen and/or contact him privately about why you think it's OK to continue what you are doing.

As a reader of the board, I have no problem skipping over posts I don't want to read - I've been doing so for over 10 years ;) As a moderator, it's my job to keep things in line from time to time, and that's all I'm doing here. I hope that makes sense, and if it doesn't, then 1. Tough shit! 2. Feel free to contact me privately about it. Matter closed.

Any further posts not about the Hobbit movie in this thread today will be deleted.

I love this board, all its members

A-10-cute-1.jpg

You...love us? Wow.

Oh. Hobbits like to eat, and always start with a strong, healthy breakfast, hopefully high in protein.

Oh yea, I didn't even realize that (the lack of logo)

I just made myself a new facebook cover from this page (I've never even had a cover before, facebook upgraded me to timeline automatically without me actually wanting to). Unfortunately, they forced me to put the Hobbit logo on that, though I was able to shrink it down before adding

Those are great posters! Thanks for the update BB! Now get us those high res pics so I can steal that awesome Gandalf poster for my avatar ;)

I just made myself a new facebook cover from this page (I've never even had a cover before, facebook upgraded me to timeline automatically without me actually wanting to). Unfortunately, they forced me to put the Hobbit logo on that, though I was able to shrink it down before adding

Well, I found the banner without logo :)

http://apps.warnerbr...bbit_keyart.jpg

Well, I found the banner without logo :)

http://apps.warnerbr...bbit_keyart.jpg

Cool!

Also cool!

I really like them! I specially like how you can tell their personalities very clearly from the just the expressions, the poses... It's fantastic!