I've been wondering where you've been Incanus! Especially with all this recent Hobbit hoopla at Comic Con. As for the avatar business, yes...there's too many Gandalfs here for our own good. I decided to get with the times by switching from Gandalf the White to Gandalf the Grey for a while (don't worry, I'll switch back sometime eventually).

I am gone for 10 days and hey presto Gandalf avatar madness begins. I have to try to learn who is who these days with half of the MB as Gandalf and other half switching to each other's avatars. Preposterous! Ridiculous! Harrumph!

I shall never be Gandalf!

And I shall find the long avatars really annoying!

I am gone for 10 days and hey presto Gandalf avatar madness begins. I have to try to learn who is who these days with half of the MB as Gandalf and other half switching to each other's avatars. Preposterous! Ridiculous! Harrumph!

Why should I welcome you, Gandalf Stormcrow? Late is the hour in which this conjurer chooses to appear.

A wizard is never late, Quint the Avatar Switcher! He arrives precisely when he means to!

And yes A LOT seems to have happened during my sojourn to northern Finland. I have a lot of catching up to do!

Thank you for the most important links Messenger.

You missed quite a lot of things, old man! Make sure you check this post, this one, that one, and particularly that one!

Your middle two links are the same

And didn't Incanus also miss the banner?

http://cinescopia.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/noticia-hobbit-imagen-panoramica-principal00.jpg

Al Gore is not Finnish. He doesn't know what ice really is. There is a reason why we call the Finnish The Iceborn, you know.

We Finns are at the center of Internet Age but alas some of my relatives are not. Thus a 10 day internet break. It was fascinating to find out you can actually function without a computer and internet for that long. ;)

This news and pictures and posters is rather overwhelming. I have to digest all the Gandalf posters (he seems to be the poster boy for these films) and interviews and whatnot now.

EDIT: Holy crap that banner looks awesome!

You missed quite a lot of things, old man! Make sure you check this post, this one, that one, and particularly that one!

Your middle two links are the same

And didn't Incanus also miss the banner?

http://cinescopia.co...principal00.jpg

That was the link I fixed!

I just realized that ;) I didn't know you fixed it by the time I made that post!

Al Gore is not Finnish. He doesn't know what ice really is. There is a reason why we call the Finnish The Iceborn, you know.

We Finns are at the center of Internet Age but alas some of my relatives are not. Thus a 10 day internet break. It was fascinating to find out you can actually function without a computer and internet for that long. ;)

This news and pictures and posters is rather overwhelming. I have to digest all the Gandalf posters (he seems to be the poster boy for these films) and interviews and whatnot now.

So it has come to this. Incanus has been able to survive 10 days without JWFan...he no longer needs us... ;)

EDIT: Holy crap that banner looks awesome!

Yup!!! These last 2 weeks have been great for Hobbit fans!

Honestly I would just go to page 94 and read every post until you're caught up rather than jumping around

Any mosquitos in Lapland, Incanus? :yes:

I didn't actually venture into the wilds of northernmost Finland, just Oulu region, which is of course northern Finland to people living here in the capital area. Of course as a native to Oulu I should say Middle-Finland. :P

Alice! You haven't aged a day!

You didn't think I'd miss this Hobbit and Gandalf avatar event, did you?

Well considering I just waded through a lot of posts concerning doldrums and suspicions of innuendo BloodBoal's links were very helpful.

Oh look a 100 pages of The Hobbit talk and panicking and talk of Thorin's too short beard and strange Dwarf designs! Yay!

I still love that new poster of Gandalf with the leaves. I really hope a clear version of it turns up online

Yes that is a great one along with the banner image and I even like the official poster with the wizard walking up the Hill although I have to agree that it feels a bit off for some reason.

Jackson and McKellen readily admit liking Gandalf the Grey more than Gandalf the White. I agree and I guess the "man with a mission" is a bit less interesting from actor's point of view as well.

We must have. Though, if this board existed in the mid 90s we we have easily his 500 pages before The Phantom Menace came out

Things got wacky on older versions of the board software if threads got too long, but its not an issue any more

I think they keep the appearance of Thranduil and Beorn a secret a few more months before revealing them.

I hope they keep *some* things secret. It's no fun when everything is exposed so soon.

Keep it secret, keep it safe!

I agree. They should leave something for us to see at the cinema.

I think they keep the appearance of Thranduil and Beorn a secret a few more months before revealing them.

I'm happy that at least we got to see some form of Beorn in the banner.

They revealed bear Beorn...

Fair enough. I'm happy enough with what we got to see of Beorn, no need to show us everything half a year before the film.

And I see you finally got that orangatang avatar. ;)