I beleive Luke was referring to my earlier post when I mentioned several open-ended things about AUJ that aren't resolved, such as the Witch King Stuff, Dol Goldur stuff, etc, and I included "Azog being alive" in that list of unanswered things.

Luke, I wasn't referring to wether or not he was alive or not after the confrontation at the end of the movie, I was referring to the fact that he's still alive after a battle that took places 300 years before the events of The Hobbit. It seems that Sauron necromanced him like he necromanced the Witch King and presumably the other Nazgul in PJ's world

This does not come as a surprise to me at all... and quite frankly I'm glad its happening!

The Hobbit: There and Back Again release pushed to Dec. 17, 2014

Ditto. I didn't somehow believe that they could get the final film finished in 6 months anyway.

I beleive Luke was referring to my earlier post when I mentioned several open-ended things about AUJ that aren't resolved, such as the Witch King Stuff, Dol Goldur stuff, etc, and I included "Azog being alive" in that list of unanswered things.

Luke, I wasn't referring to wether or not he was alive or not after the confrontation at the end of the movie, I was referring to the fact that he's still alive after a battle that took places 300 years before the events of The Hobbit. It seems that Sauron necromanced him like he necromanced the Witch King and presumably the other Nazgul in PJ's world

Let's be accurate. It is "merely" 142 years since the Battle of Azanulbizar (2799 TA) at the time of the quest of Erebor (2941 TA). ;)

Let's be accurate. It is "merely" 142 years since the Battle of Azanulbizar (2799 TA) at the time of the quest of Erebor (2941 TA). ;)

Not in the film space-time continuum. I think they reduced it to something like 60 years.

Well they also compress the slow darkening of Mirkwood into happening suddenly mere 60 years prior to the events of LotR when infact this took place over 2000 years of the Third Age from the time when Sauron appeared again in Middle Earth in 1000 TA.

i think i even

I knew. I say that since he only is cut one arm and not beheaded, bi-sected, etc... it's pretty clear he survided...i mean he was not even bleeding as awfully as the brachial artery would do ;). The even show his minions getting him safe into the caverns.

I dont need explanation on how he survived. In war,, many people suffer amputations and the live on.

This does not come as a surprise to me at all... and quite frankly I'm glad its happening!

The Hobbit: There and Back Again release pushed to Dec. 17, 2014

Ditto. I didn't somehow believe that they could get the final film finished in 6 months anyway.

>I beleive Luke was referring to my earlier post when I mentioned several open-ended things about AUJ that aren't resolved, such as the Witch King Stuff, Dol Goldur stuff, etc, and I included "Azog being alive" in that list of unanswered things.

WB and New Line put There and Back Again as a placeholder for the eventual movie that they'll schedule for mid July 2014 (in case it didn't come together quickly enough). It'll likely be Christopher Nolan's Interstellar or Transcendance that gets that spot.

And besides, I think Jackson will have the movie finished by July anyway. Wasn't he working on the edit for Desolation of Smaug when An Unexpected Journey was close to finishing up? Even with the additional filming, he should have the third pic finished by summer.

I do find the spot they moved to odd. Shouldn't it be scheduled for December 12, 2014 instead?

What's the difference?

It's a Wednesday.

*looks at release dates for the previous Rings films*

Never mind. WB/NL is trying to emulate the success of the original trilogy by moving the release day to Wednesday, and have it open closer to Christmas than the first two Hobbit films did.

Maybe I'm missing the obvious, but how is that an advantage?

I don't know... better legs during the holiday season? There's several movies opening on Christmas Day, or the Friday before it. Sometimes it works for the movies (due to the different audience targets), and sometimes it doesn't.

So will you guys buy this and then buy the EEs further down the line?

After doing that with LotR, I learned to wait. So do plenty of stupid people still exist?

Lee - who is only holding out for the EEs in this instance to see if they fix pacing issues (because normally prefers theatrical cuts).

I don't know yet if I will get the theatrical release. I've seen the featurettes, and I assume someone else will attack the music anyway.

I think most everyone on this board is waiting for the EE set.

I've explored the Theatrical set thoroughly, and its a JOKE!!! The first disc is only 35 gigs, and the second disc is only 14 gigs, meaning they could have EASILY fit the material on both discs onto ONE disc (Blu Rays hold 50 gigs).

What's more, a 6 1/2 minute featurette about New Zealand is the ONLY new special feature! Other than that, it's just trailers and the production diaries.... and for the production diaries, they removed all the original music and replaced it all with music tracked from the AUJ score.

It's only worth picking up if the EE doesn't contain the Theatrical Cut, and you find it for $5 somewhere

I doubt I even want the EE. As much as I love TLOTR EE, I only saw AUJ once, don't feel the need to rewatch it any time soon, and thus don't need to own it.

I am going to buy both versions, I did the "wait for EE instead" with LOTR, and ended up buying th TE anyway for ripping unreleased cues.

The guessing begins: how much longer will the EE be?

Or: how much additional footage does a film have that was already longer than intended when it arrived in theatres?

My guess is 15-20 minutes.

Peter Jackson is hosting a live event at hobbit.com/sneak on Sunday, March 24, at 3pm Eastern/Noon Pacific.

He will reveal a first look at the next movie in The Hobbit trilogy and answer questions from fans. What are you dying to know? Click here to submit your question: http://bit.ly/AskPeterJackson

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=498805853488358&set=a.291674244201521.63650.160617097307237&type=1