There was talk that PJ would film Gandalf and Aragorn hunting Gollum and include it in Film 3. There's no guarantee Film 3 ends where the book does, you know

I keep having this idea that Jackson will let Smaug live to participate in the Battle of the Five Armies, but it doesn't seem logical... Although it would a cool idea, I hope he sticks with the book in this case, considering Smaug's death is what provoques the Battle, so...

Quite mixed feelings about said idea.

• 2 weeks later...

So, just watched the live stream of PJ's Q&A and sneakpeek at DOS, and in the High fells scene preview, I believe that the very end of the cue "The Edge of the Wild" with the loud string hit, would sync up with

Radagast startling Gandalf

, if that is the scene that cue belongs to.

Except for one thing, Steven Colbert sent a video question to PJ, basically asking if there would be more kinds of elves shown in DOS, Jackson said yes, which piques my curiosity to see what Shore/Plan 9/Newton Howard come up with ;)

and Jackson and Stephen Fry mentioned something about the stream being a DVD extra, perhaps the AUJ EE? or DOS TE...

also more Vblogs are confirmed!

Or he will have him take the choir that played under Thranduil in the prolouge and elongate it with paulstretch ;)

I just listened to my recording the line actually goes:

"You like killing things Orc?" "You like Death?" "Then let me give it to you!"

Not sure if its much better but...

Why blame Jackson?

I'm pretty sure Walsh and Boyens have main custody of the script.

But seriously, you include an invented gal like Tauriel, and have her interrogating orcs with lines like that? What the fuck, people?

I have to check this out when I get back home today. Thanks Messenger! :)

Like "You like to get out of here, orc?" "What do I need to do?" "Let me show you ..."

Followed by Howard Shore's re-recording of "Evenstar", now a general "Elven Love" theme?

I think that would call for funkier music than Evenstar. Some sleazy saxophone and electric bass riffs. It would be the first foray into Orkish love music.

Darnation!

But some of us have to work and can't watch videos all day BloodBoal!

And so we miss all the good stuff.

So "The High Fells Scene" means the scene where Gandalf explores the Nazgul tombs and realized they have been burst open and the Nazgul are gone, right? And he bumps into Radagast there?

Did they confirm that this was intended to be in AUJ and moved at the last minute to TDOS? Did they also confirm my theory that it will now be the prologue of TDOS?