Anyone watching Heroes?

JoeinAR

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hype spoiledi t for me. I was expecting this amazing climax, but it kind of just... happened like I expected it to. They had so much room to make this episode incredible but instead it was average. They should not have built it up so much, maybe I would have enjoyed it more instead of sitting in anticipation of the 'that blew my mind' part.

Looks like we'll be getting that next week, judging by the end of this episode.

Defintely. But I have a question is "the save the cheerleader, save the world" plotline over with or is it just beginning? My bet is on its just beginning.

There certainly was very little explanation about the words. Which was what the adds said the episode would do.

Oh well. Not that I was expecting many questions to be answered.

Justin

Apparently, Heroes is Steven Spielberg's favorite new show of the season. Though he seems to dislike the content of its advertising.

Ted

There certainly was very little explanation about the words. Which was what the adds said the episode would do.

Oh well. Not that I was expecting many questions to be answered.

Justin

And since the adds for next week are "all your questions will be answered" I would expect them to only raise a slew of new questions instead of answering anything.

I agree with Steven, this is the best new show of the season. I hope the next episode has some more use of powers. Or maybe even some exploitation of weaknesses!

George Takai will be playing Hiro's father in upcoming episodes. So far this is great TV, not good, not very good, Great.

I'm officially hooked. This weeks episode was my favorite yet.

The advertising is awful. I despise it. It's so intense that it makes the show sound dumb. "For a show with surprise ending.....you ain't seen NOTHING yet."

Justin - :roll:

I haven't seen any previews, but the recaps had me cringing. "Across the globe... yada yada yada. And now, Heroes continues." Ugh.

Great show, though. Hiro is definitely my favorite character.

Ok I've managed to miss this show so far, but tonight there was a TV marathon of the first 6 episodes. I've watched the first 4 and taped the other 2. How many episodes have there been so far? Will those 6 bring me up to date?

I'm loving it by the way! Very gripping, in the same way that Lost used to be.

I loved the whole "six months ago" idea for the last episode. It was good to finally get some answers, and I gasped when it was revealed who Sylar was.

~Sturgis, who is hooked, as well

I'm guessing a lot of the major plot points in advance...

K.M.Who knows where this nuclear explosion is going.

K.M.2 Who thinks the whole cheerleader thing was rather pointless

Good job, Ray. ;)

No seriously, Sylar and I had pegged right from the begining of "Six Months Ago". Although in an add it looked like they were saying that Peter Petreli was Sylar which I thought was more of a surprise than what really happened. Which would have been interesting in a strange kind of way...I mean it seems like they have very simaler powers...

Justin

not really Justin, sylar absorbs powers, Peter does not.

Peter will be the key to defeating Syler, he will mimic Sylers powers in a head to head showdown, along with Claire which will defeat Syler,

IMHO

How is Peter being able to mimic powers and Sylar being able to absorb powers any different? And if they fight each other, wouldn't they end up just bitch slapping each other, since neither has any specific powers for the other to mimic/absorb?

Ray Barnsbury - honestly asking, and looking forward to the show's fall "finale"

It'll probably be someone fairly inconsequential, like Carolyn Bigsby on Desperate Housewives in that excellent supermarket episode a few weeks ago.

~Sturgis, who can't wait for Monday

How do you know that it will be a hero? My bet is on Claire's mother and/or her brother. I think that ending the season on such a downer would be a good idea.

How is Peter being able to mimic powers and Sylar being able to absorb powers any different?  And if they fight each other, wouldn't they end up just bitch slapping each other, since neither has any specific powers for the other to mimic/absorb?

Ray Barnsbury - honestly asking, and looking forward to the show's fall "finale"

Well, Sylar gets to keep his powers even if he's not near the hero in question. Peter needs to have the person close to mimic his powers.

Which means, he is every bit as powerful as Sylar when he gets near him. Which predictably will be, well, cool.

How is Peter being able to mimic powers and Sylar being able to absorb powers any different?  And if they fight each other, wouldn't they end up just bitch slapping each other, since neither has any specific powers for the other to mimic/absorb?

the difference is that Peter mimics the powers, and if around Sylar he'll have all of his powers, Syler would have to kill Peter to absorb his power.

But if Peter and Sylar are fight each other, and any other hero is around then Peter will be more powerful than Sylar.

as for a hero dying tomorrow, it may simple be someone we don't know

the difference is that Peter mimics the powers, and if around Sylar he'll have all of his powers, Syler would have to kill Peter to absorb his power.

I don't think that Sylar could kill himself.

Eve died, Sylar didn't shoot her, she shot herself. Peter passed out, but if you watched the preview of the next episode, you clearly see he's alive, and since he's going to mimic the nuclear man's powers, then he can't die now, can he.

That episode was kinda weird. :D

With the cheerleader thing gone now, it feels like the story doesn't have a clear place to go. I'm sure something will come up soon, but after having a firm guideline for the past few weeks, this episode seemed rather unfocused.

And the Jessica/Niki subplot is really starting to annoy the crap out of me.

No new episodes until late January now, right?

That episode was kinda weird. :D

With the cheerleader thing gone now, it feels like the story doesn't have a clear place to go. I'm sure something will come up soon, but after having a firm guideline for the past few weeks, this episode seemed rather unfocused.

And the Jessica/Niki subplot is really starting to annoy the crap out of me.

I'm actually rather glad the cheerleader thing is over. There were more interesting things to look into.

And yes, Jessica/Niki story is just like off by itself while all the other stories have started to come together.

Justin - Who thinks Claire's father is one of the most interesting characters.

Did Mr. Bennet (Claire's father) have Claire's classmates' memories erased? I missed a portion of the episode and I was confused.

Rabbit--who was genuinely shocked when Eden died

The thing is Eden was kind of hot and mysterious,and certainly not one of the least interesting characters,why kill her off?.Nikki is kind of hot but boring,the scenes with her always seem excruciatingly slow,she could have bitten it no problem,or Matt.

K.M.

Eden was expendable, the others are not.

the radioactive man is now the key to saving the world.

• 1 month later...