Listen to Apocalypto

QMM

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the CD at B&N today and didnt buy it. The score sounds like it has drums and synthesizers. Thats it. Oh and maybe some vocal wailing.

Anyone going to see the movie? It looks exciting but I heard about the massive gore and blood in it. I think Gibson is some sort of crazy sadist!

I read a review of one of the screenings that took place but they guy didn't bother pointing out the huge spoilers that he'd said. Needless to say the ending of the movie is very cool.

It won't bomb because of Gibson's mistakes. They did a recent poll and nobody's fazed by his outbursts. It might bomb because it won't appeal to many people, though.

Sounds like music you'd normally play during a massage at the spa.

Exaxtly.I'm not going to boycott a film becasue the director said stupid stuff when he was drunk.  

Just like people are boycotting the new Seinfeld DVD because of Michael Richards' racist outburst, for which he apologised a while ago. It's just stupid.

The only reason I want to see this movie is because of the language the dialogue is in. Apart from that, there is no reason.

Thats' what I'm worried about.I can't stand watching a movie in a language I don't understand or reading subtitles.That's the reason I wouldn't see it.

K.M.

Thats' what I'm worried about.I can't stand watching a movie in a language I don't understand or reading subtitles.That's the reason I wouldn't see it.

What a shame. If anything, I applaud such a move from an American-based director.

- Marc, who grew up on subtitles, and has seen quite a number of foreign language films (not just counting English-spoken).

I don't really think that refusing to see a movie because it has subtitles is a valid reason. I sincerely hope that Apocalypto doesn't bomb, but if it does, the media will blame it on Gibson. Thats just the way it is.

K.M.

:mrgreen:

Well, if have listened through 'Apocalypto'...heads, tail, the whole damn thing. It may be interesting for world music aficinados, but i pretty much gave up on it after the fourth or fifth track.

There's not much from a music-dramatic standpoint apart from a few moments here and there - forget about developed themes. It's sound design, inventive with it's rhythms and application of unusual instruments. 1st and last track are based on simple (fake) string chords which definintely recall the first tracks of 'The New World', which is much more conventional, but a better listen, too.

K.M.

:sigh:

Indeed.

Karol, who can't stand Star Wars because of the same thing :music: