Sign in to follow this  
Lord Gibson

Board members pets

I've inherited my fiance's cat, and we've bonded quite well. She sleeps for 20 minutes, gets up to eat, sleeps 20 minutes, eats some more then plays for about two minutes. Then she starts over again.

I'm getting used to the shedding. But this dog person really likes her. For some reason, she likes to lick my hand after I've put on lotion. And after I've handled a can of tuna, she goes crazy on my fingers.

I'll try to get a picture of her soon.

When I posted here a picture of Pollo, my parrot, it was a long time ago. I moved out since then and the chicken stayed with my parents. So now I have a new pet, the ever-active, sunflower seed-junkie Ninotchka - a.k.a. Rat.

Rat.jpg

Yes, I know it's a hamster, but it's the only thing that won't die on me if I forget to feed her in a week. The girl has acquired her resources after eight months at home.

Wow, this thread hasn't been active in over two years? We've gotten plenty of new members since then, and I'm sure some of the rest of us have new furry friends to show off...so let's see 'em!

I'm actually fostering three Australian Cattle Dog mix puppies from the local Humane Society for a few weeks, until they're old enough to be adopted. They're a handful, but completely adorable and worth the extra work. I'm going to foster the boy puppy by himself when the other two go back to the shelter, and will probably end up adopting him permanently, so I'm excited about that! Here are some pics (the boy is the slightly larger of the two brown ones, with the lighter snout; the other two are girls):

puppy2.jpg

puppy1.jpg

puppy4.jpg

puppy3.jpg

Ray Barnsbury

I've never really been a pet person. All though when I was younger we had a dog named Bobo. I can't remember what the breed was since it was ages ago when we had him. Also when I still lived in Vegas I had a quaker parrot that I named Birdie. I was the only person who would let me hold her, pick her up and pet her of course. She hated everyone else. Here's a picture of her, not the best in the world since at the time all I had was just a regular camera that took rolls of film.

Birdie.jpg

I used to have a lot of pets until my family moved a few years ago.

The best pet I have had, though, is an Amazon parrot named "Pickle." That bird was awesome! Never failed to keep the entire family laughing. I'll see if I can dig up a picture somewhere.

Yeah, he talked pretty well. Funny story though.

We once tried to teach him to sing. Figured that we'd teach him kids songs since, if kids learn them easier, parrots should too. The mistake was trying two different songs. We taught him "Old Macdonald Had A Farm" and "Jesus Loves Me This I Know."

He did learn to sing, but he decided to merge the two into one: "Old MacDonald had a farm, the Bible tells me so." :D And that's all he would sing. lol

I miss that crazy bird.

He did learn to sing, but he decided to merge the two into one: "Old MacDonald had a farm, the Bible tells me so." <_< And that's all he would sing. lol

:rolleyes: That's great. Still pretty impressive, though.

And Joe, it's nice to see Frances again!

I have one dog named Samantha (a female). She's around 12/13 years old now, and is a mixture of several breeds (pretty much a mutt). I've had her for almost as long as she's been alive.

I had a dog named Samantha, named her from Bewitched. She was "magical".

thanks Ray, Frances used to be FAT, nows shes a FAG.

She used to be Frances Allen Tucker, now shes Frances Allen Goins.

Well I have never been a pet owner before - even as a kid we didn't have pets in the house.

But tonight I got my very first pet... a tiger tuxedo/tortie that the shelter in my town named Ruby. She's really shy... in fact, as soon as I opened the door to the cat carrier, she came out, sniffed a bit... then immediately ran under the bed in my spare bedroom and I haven't seen her since. Anyone else ever had to deal with a shy cat?

Here's the pic from the shelter's website... I haven't been able to take my own pic yet!

Ruby.jpg

Yea I've been leaving her alone. I moved the food and water that was in the kitchen closer to the spare bedroom in case she doesnt feel like wandering far

She's a beautiful cat. I wouldn't worry about the shyness. She's just got to get used to her environment. I used to hate cats as a kid. My wife is a cat person, and got us two of them. :lol: The one died years ago, but the other one is my best buddy. She totally bonded with me and follows me everywhere. Don't know what I'd do without her now!

Enjoy being a pet owner, Jay! :cool:

Well its the next morning and it looks like she didn't even come out from under the bed in the middle of the night. food and water is untouched as is the litter box. I suppose she'll be getting hungry soon?

I could have sworn I posted the story of my pets, I remember Neil commenting on our cat.

Oh well, since this was dredged up again....

My wife has two dogs that annoy me.

4 years ago my wife and I were out one evening and we get a call from my daughter. she said there was a little cat wondering around our house. Knowing her I figured it was a young adult cat, so I told her to ignore it and not feed it and it would go away. She called me back later in the evening and said it was still at the back door meowing. So I told her to give it some water, it was during the summer, and give it a some food and I'd deal with it when we got home.

So we get home near midnight and she said the cat was still out back by the door. so I open the door and there is a little kitten that can't be 4-6 weeks old.

Well needless to say we couldn't leave him outside, so we took him in and I ran to Walmart to grab some kitten food and a litter box. Our plan was to take him to the humane society once the weekend was over but after bringing him in and seeing how he made himself at home, I swear the night we found him and brought him in the house he was smiling once he had a bath and dinner. But he took to the house and we became attached to him. The vet said he was indeed 4 weeks old when we found him.

We had some less than desirable neighbors who let their cat run loose and she had a litter. One day the neighbors just left and didn't check to make sure they had all the kittens. In fact they left everything behind, well they apparently took the mother cat and the rest of the litter.

So we've had Scratch with us for 4 years now.

Well its the next morning and it looks like she didn't even come out from under the bed in the middle of the night. food and water is untouched as is the litter box. I suppose she'll be getting hungry soon?

Cats are picky. Try and lure her out with some catnip or something.

I have three dogs, one for each member of the family. A dachshund (for me), a poodle (for my wife), and a bassethound (for my son).

The basset hound is always just a hair's breadth away from being removed from the home. My son's affection for him is what keeps him here.

Well no new progress last night, she just hid under the bed all night even though I spent a bunch of hours in the spare bedroom with her, as that's where my computer is and I was working on my Speed 2 complete edit.

When I woke up this morning I went in there and she had used the litter box, so that's good. Then I reach under the bed and she let me pet her right away. We spent some time together, she was purring and letting me pet and rub her a lot. She came almost all the way out before losing interest and going back under.

A while later I came back with treats. I got her to eat 4 out of my hand, moving my hand further and further out each time, but I couldn't get her to come out again. Leaving her alone for a while now.

Seems like the doesn't like the light coming in from between the blinds or something, I dunno.

Yup! Took her like a week and a half to get over her fears. Now everyday when I come home from work she greets me in the hallway with meows. She loves playing with the dangly feather on a stick toy with me, and loves toy mice, but doesnt have an interest in most other toys I've bought for her. She likes to sleep in my bedroom with me, and sometimes between 5-7am she likes to jump on my feet - I dunno if she's trying to wake me up to play, or if she thinks its a mouse under the covers, or what. But she's a cutey.

34520_443912268435_502903435_6104442_3157282_n.jpg

34520_443912283435_502903435_6104445_5562795_n.jpg

34520_443912288435_502903435_6104446_16360_n.jpg