Sign in to follow this  
Lord Gibson

Board members pets

Our poor Penny had a UTI as well as infected gums and a unidentified spot near her stomach on an xray.

$1,000 dollars later, an ultrasound proved the spot was just a calcium buildup that doesn't need to be worried about, 3 weeks of stuffing antibiotic pills down her through cured her UTI, and surgery on her gums and a dental cleaning brought her mouth back to normal too.  The madness is over.  And the poor thing probably things we're the cause of all her pain.  She finally slept on Marcy's pillow again last night though

Typical pet owner rant: "Veterinarians are too expensive". meh :P

Jay, you cat really got everything at once, so I can see it rising to a thousand dollars. I hope she is ok now :). Was the surgery complicated? Surgeries tend to be very expensive depending on the difficulty.

It's worse in Spain, where human public medical assistance is (almost?) free... people do not know how much clinical tests and the likes cost, they take them for granted...

16 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Typical pet owner rant: "Veterinarians are too expensive". meh :P

Jay, you cat really got everything at once, so I can see it rising to a thousand dollars. I hope she is ok now :). Was the surgery complicated? Surgeries tend to be very expensive depending on the difficulty.

It's worse in Spain, where human public medical assistance is (almost?) free... people do not know how much clinical tests and the likes cost, they take them for granted...

Huh?  Did I rant about the price at all?

She's doing great now.  The "surgery" wasn't REALLY a proper surgery, it was draining the infection from her gums and cleaning all the plaque from all her teeth, and getting the antibiotic injection to make sure the infection is gone.  Her breath smells better now!  And she was back to eating dry food pretty much right away.  I think she resented us for a while for all the "trauma" we both her though (forcing her to eat pills twice a day, multiple trips in the carrier to "scary" places), but starting the other night she's been sleeping on the bed with us again so I think she's mostly back to normal.

20 hours ago, Jay said:

Nope.  I suppose we should have gotten it!

If a pet's ailments, illness or injuries become a financial burden, then it's time to take it for a trip down some faraway highway and drop it off at the side of the road.

2 hours ago, Quintus said:

If a pet's ailments, illness or injuries become a financial burden, then it's time to take it for a trip down some faraway highway and drop it off at the side of the road.

Just like with kids!

Wait, no. With kids, you can make them work at the mines so they bring some money home.

Does she secretly hate you for that?

6 minutes ago, Holko said:

20171024_184444.jpg

Rosie is a hyperactive bouncy flurry of claws and teeth most of the time, but boy does she know how to chill!

Awesome pic, Holko!

29 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

What breed is Penny? Some have different kinda hairs that don't cause much allergy.

Short haired domestic

25 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

My wife is allergic to cats.

Usually people aren't allergic to all cats, but rather just the dander of specific breeds.  A long-haired might make my allergies come back for example, but short-hairs I'm OK with.  Usually when you live with a cat, you get immune to them, too.  That's what happened to me; I was SO allergic to cats when I was younger, if I just spent time in someone's apartment who had a cat, I would have to go outside after a few hours just so I could breath.  Now Penny's hair and dander is everywhere in my house, and I'm completely fine

Three of my chickens. Ontop: Two sisters, named in Hebrew after their colors: Grey and Brown. Below: Cheeki (pun not intended). Grey is incredibly aggressive (even towards me) and rules the henhouse with an iron beak. She also terrorizes the cats in the neighborhood

IMG_1657.JPG