• The Polar Express
    • Van Helsing
    • The Mummy Returns
    • Contact
    • Judge Dredd
    • My Stepmother is an Alien
    • Romancing the Stone
    • Par où t'es rentré? On t'a pas vu sortir

I love how there are 8 options instead of the usual 4, it has a richer significance.

All I want for Christmas is a Williams Judge Dredd,

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He should rescore Back to the Future, they were just average scores, not particularly memorable.

I know many think they are great, I never found them to be anything great. Im not a fan of the scores.

I have only a few Sylvestri scores.

I'm not voting in this thread but I will say that these type of threads have really become old and boring.  :roll:

Aren't you supposed to be in gastric by-pass surgery, or some such thing?

Van Helsing. Score was the final nail into this film's coffin. The film was already way too overblown to be enjoyable for anybody. I can't imagine how one could like it. It's the Hollywood at its most ridiculous. This film is not even stupid.

And the 43-minute album was way too long for me. I mean, I hate it. no sense of anything and boring like hell in its relentless quality. Wait, what quality?

JW could do something with it, not that I'd like him to.

Karol, who has nothing against the other scores.

From the options above, I would probably pick Polar Express. I would love to see Robert Zemeckis working with JW sometime. But of course Alan Silvestri is his main composer.

I have to agree about Van Helsing. I thought the film was rubbish (or however much I managed to watch before changing channel) and Silvestri's nearly all-out action score just isn't to my taste.

I would like to hear Williams' take on The Mummy Returns though. I didn't much care for that movie either (you can probably tell I'm not a big fan of Stephen Sommers) but it still has an Indy feel to it and Silvestri's score never blew me away (plus the OST is missing some of the better music).

I am personally quite happy with Alan Silvestri's work, especially The Mummy Returns. I even like Van Helsing. From the films mentioned above I would like John Williams to rescore The Mummy Returns. It is my favourite Alan Silvestri score, but I just love these kinds of films and I would love what John Williams would've come up with.

I agree with The Mummy returns - because I'd love to see Williams take on a (previously) Goldsmith score. It's kind of like having an alternate universe in which Spielberg directed the prequels. (Not that they'd necessarily be any good)

Nothing, Alan Silvestri is a capable composer and doesn't need anything replaced by Williams.

If anything I still wish Silvestri would have scored Pirates Of The Carribean.

Van Helsing because the movie is just bad enough to warrent a possible redemption with a Williams score.

Not even JW could redeem that movie, and it has a terrific score as it is.

The Mummy Returns? Van Helsing? Doesn't Williams deserve better than this? I have no problem with appreciating scores to bad films, but if we're talking hypothetically, why not get Williams on board for a stronger film?

There are more cases of strong scores in weak films, than weak scores in strong films. That's not co-incidence - a weak score might not ruin a film, but it could certain make it not great.

Wait, does this mean Silvestri is the Man?

There is no clear vote.

And who voted for Par où t'es rentré? On t'a pas vu sortir ?

I wanna shake yo' hand. Byatch.