Headphones

bob23

On 16/05/2018 at 4:35 PM, Maglorfin said:

@crocodile and @Blumenkohl, thank you both for all information about AKG K-701/702 and K-712! :thumbup: I guess that before long, I'll need to start thinking about buying either of those to replace my beloved and revered, but aging and somewhat tired 10+ years old K 272 HD.

Well, as Blume and Marian predicted, I'm going again through my Goldsmith collection.

Karol

I think I'm going to get the Fiio F9Pro's for portable music. I spent 1/2 hour listening to them in the store and the sound awesome

200$ but triple driver is usually 600$+

Got the FIIO F9 Pros for 200$

Best portable earphone I ever heard and trump my old Shure SE 215.

I'd say overall  sound is comparable to the 1000$ Grado GS 1000i  I use at home

They were pricey so i hope they last at least 2 years.

The Koss KSC75 can best be described as:

$300 sound for $9. No amp needed. Absolutely portable. Completely Comfortable. Durable. Fantastic warranty. Despite all the money I've spent on other headphones, I come back to them again and again. If anyone is ever unsure of where to start in audiophile headphones, these are it. You simply cannot go wrong unless you're starving to death and it's your last $9. In which case you should buy some high calorie food. 

Anyways, Koss recently released wireless versions of the KSC75's bigger, bassier, darker PortaPro: 

https://www.amazon.com/Koss-Bluetooth-Headphones-Integrated-Microphone/dp/B079ZB9JLL/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1527334574&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=Koss+Wireless&psc=1

Bought? Yes, will let you know how it goes. 

On 5/26/2018 at 4:37 AM, Blumenkohl said:

$300 sound for $9. No amp needed. Absolutely portable. Completely Comfortable. Durable. Fantastic warranty. Despite all the money I've spent on other headphones, I come back to them again and again. If anyone is ever unsure of where to start in audiophile headphones, these are it. You simply cannot go wrong unless you're starving to death and it's your last $9. In which case you should buy some high calorie food. 

Anyways, Koss recently released wireless versions of the KSC75's bigger, bassier, darker PortaPro: 

https://www.amazon.com/Koss-Bluetooth-Headphones-Integrated-Microphone/dp/B079ZB9JLL/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1527334574&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=Koss+Wireless&psc=1

I know you at least dabble in music, would you recommend these for music production? When working I prefer more "neutral" sounds, no bass boost, etc. I was using some Shures for a while (can't remember the model number), but those busted on me and the warranty's expired.

14 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Very trendy.

The 'My Little Pony' ones must be on the most wanted list of every cool gangster. They can't be seen on the street without them.

10 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

The 'My Little Pony' ones must be on the most wanted list of every cool gangster. They can't be seen on the street without them.

"Hey man, we gotta go back to base."

"You serious? We about to pull the biggest haul in our lives, whachu need from base right now?"

"C'mon, man, you know."

"For real, those damn Hello Kitty phones?"

"C'mon, man, you know I can't pull anything without my Hello Kitty phones."

"Yeah man, I feel you. While you're in there, grab me mine, aight?"

This post is not sponsored or endorsed by Beats or any affiliated company.

On 5/26/2018 at 6:37 AM, Blumenkohl said:

He's right. They're headphones we can(not) afford to lose.

No. Best overall headphones under $300! 

Considering you can buy 30 KSC75s for $300. Won't mess up your hair. Light. Portable. Great lifetime warranty. Etc. etc. Been around for decades and will be around for more decades to come. 

16 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

I get so indecisive about headphones.

Fuck it, do you want me to buy you a KSC75 for $10? :P 

1 minute ago, Bespin said:

Sorry I just live under an economic war between Canada and USA. Mayonnaise and Ketchup may cost higher in the next months.

Thoughts and prayers.