Headphones

bob23

They didn't feel that shrilly to me but then again I didn't take any music with me when I tested them. I was very unfamiliar with the iTunes selection at the store (mostly electronic dance music). They sounded indeed similar to an AKG model that I also tried but I preferred the build quality and the comfort of the beyers. They were also much better than the celebrated Beyerdynamic DT-770, which have seriously beefed up bass ... A hiphopper's dream.

After a bit of research I've decided on this Bluetooth transmitter/reciever. 

Aventree Oasis

Possible a bit of an overkill for just headphones, but its very versatile has low latency and has great range of up to 50 meters. 

And for bluetooth headphones I've decided on the Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT .

Playing it a bit safe I guess, but I've never had a pair of Sennheisers that didn't sound excellent for its price. Its over the ear, open backed so quite suitable for orchestral music.

Apple has always made good hardware (albeit often overpriced), it is their software choices that are more often the problem

I was after a pair of Sennheiser PXC-250 (or even better, the 250 II) travel headphones. I have a PX-200-II set but it seems to have died on me. These are great fold up ones, but I can't find any of them in retail without having to resort to dodgy foreign outlets with low user ratings on eBay. Anyone know what the modern equivalent is?

Set up my Bluetooth transmitter and paired my Sennheiser HD4.40 BT to it. Its sounds very good. This appears to be a really nice sounding headphone. And getting great distances from the transmitter. 

Alex appears to be wrong?

18 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Set up my Bluetooth transmitter and paired my Sennheiser HD4.40 BT to it. Its sounds very good. This appears to be a really nice sounding headphone. And getting great distances from the transmitter. 

Alex appears to be wrong?

Wrong about what? 

To arm myself against 4 weeks of demolition works (the concrete complex behind my house), I decided get buy a secondhand Bose QuitComfort 25, which is a headphone set with noise cancellation. Only 110 Euro! And it sounds pretty good. If you don't believe me, read the reviews! But above anything, it reduces the sounds of the jackhammers by a considerable amount. I feel it drilling and hammering more than I can hear it!

bose-qc25.png

Okay, then don't read the reviews, continue watching Star Trek for the umpteenth time. 

I mention Koray because he's more a reference to you then he is to me. 

'Acoustic Noise Cancelling' is one of the best inventions ever!  I was playing the piano with my new headphones and at a certain moment I thought the demolition workers had stopped for the day. So I took off my headphones and suddenly I was surrounded by the sound of pneumatic drills. Amazing!

Phew!

Got a pair of (now discontinued) Sennheiser PXC250 II fold up headphones in the mail today. They sound great! And the active noise cancelling is amazing. I don't know how it works, but okay.

Reviews not so good (unlike my Bose)

https://www.whathifi.com/sennheiser/pxc-250-ii/review

https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2361443,00.asp

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/sennheiser/pxc-250-ii

Also ... on ear headphones? Ouch! Can't wear those for more than 20 minutes.

I must be the luckiest guy in the universe. The chick at JB Hi-Fi came through for me and ordered in a pair of the same headphones for me from an interstate store. So I went there and picked them up. Now I have two sets! Excellent! So I'll use the pair I got in the mail yesterday, and when those finally die, I'll open today's packet. Should set me for another 12 years of work/travel listening.

Some latina chick at the bookshop this evening said I had the clearest speaking voice she'd ever heard. Said I was a breath of fresh air after all the mumblers who come in.

Good speech is in vogue apparently!

8 hours ago, Margo Channing said:

I must be the luckiest guy in the universe. The chick at JB Hi-Fi came through for me and ordered in a pair of the same headphones for me from an interstate store. So I went there and picked them up. Now I have two sets! Excellent! So I'll use the pair I got in the mail yesterday, and when those finally die, I'll open today's packet. Should set me for another 12 years of work/travel listening.

I thought this was gonna be a story about how you finally managed to secure a woman, but... headphones. 

8 hours ago, Margo Channing said:

Not fat, but somewhat solid. Not sure how else to describe that body type.

Thick.