Headphones

bob23

Has anyone tried the Jabra Elite 65t? I love my AirPods, but the open design lets in a lot of outside noise and they’re almost useless in loud environments unless I crank them to max. Looking for something in ear with some noise isolation.

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/hi-fi-and-audio/headphones/bose-quietcomfort-20i-1156991/review

The Bose QuietComfort 20i headphones are easily some of the best sounding in-ear noise canceling headphones we've ever put through their paces. Then again, at $300, they ought to be. They're fantastic if you can afford them.

1 hour ago, Nick1066 said:

Has anyone tried the Jabra Elite 65t? I love my AirPods, but the open design lets in a lot of outside noise and they’re almost useless in loud environments unless I crank them to max. Looking for something in ear with some noise isolation.

My wife uses the BeatsX at the gym. I haven’t tried them myself. But they have almost the convenience of the AirPods (use the same Apple W1 chip). 

5 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/hi-fi-and-audio/headphones/bose-quietcomfort-20i-1156991/review

The Bose QuietComfort 20i headphones are easily some of the best sounding in-ear noise canceling headphones we've ever put through their paces. Then again, at $300, they ought to be. They're fantastic if you can afford them.

5 hours ago, Blumenkohl said:

My wife uses the BeatsX at the gym. I haven’t tried them myself. But they have almost the convenience of the AirPods (use the same Apple W1 chip). 

Beats and Bose? Urgh...

Chavs!

6 hours ago, Nick1066 said:

Just stop making all that noise for a while when listening to music! ;)

14 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

I thought this was gonna be a story about how you finally managed to secure a woman, but... headphones. 

I'm afraid it is no longer practical or appropriate to expose women to my eccentricities. They're better off without me. The old fantasies and aspirations of me being the romantic lead are long gone.

1 minute ago, Margo Channing said:

I'm afraid it is no longer practical or appropriate to expose women to my eccentricities. They're better off without me.

There's someone for everyone! 

1 minute ago, Margo Channing said:

It's just better this way. I'm like Luke on that island planet.

You didn't notice how the Porgs walked funny?

My sexual/romantic encounters with women make me into someone I don't like. Relationships tend to amplify my very worst qualities (obsession, vanity, hypochondria, neurosis, etc). Some of us were just not meant to cope with it, so it's best avoided.

And then one day you meet someone you're completely relaxed around without even noticing it.

14 hours ago, Blumenkohl said:

Your wife doesn't like your rules about not listening to music when doing other activities?:P

8 hours ago, Margo Channing said:

My sexual/romantic encounters with women make me into someone I don't like. Relationships tend to amplify my very worst qualities (obsession, vanity, hypochondria, neurosis, etc). Some of us were just not meant to cope with it, so it's best avoided.

Sure you don't have OCD or somethin'?

9 hours ago, Margo Channing said:

It amplifies characteristics of its host. Especially aggression.

On 6/11/2018 at 5:36 PM, Stefancos said:

After a bit of research I've decided on this Bluetooth transmitter/reciever. 

Aventree Oasis

Possible a bit of an overkill for just headphones, but its very versatile has low latency and has great range of up to 50 meters. 

And for bluetooth headphones I've decided on the Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT .

Playing it a bit safe I guess, but I've never had a pair of Sennheisers that didn't sound excellent for its price. Its over the ear, open backed so quite suitable for orchestral music.

How has this setup worked out?  

On 6/22/2018 at 1:53 PM, Margo Channing said:

No worries. I feel that way too

i feel i've been much happier these last few years not looking for someone and listening to my film scores and playing video games

On 6/22/2018 at 12:52 PM, Nick1066 said:

Maybe ?

https://www.sony.com/electronics/truly-wireless/wf-sp700n

On 6/29/2018 at 11:19 PM, King Mark said:

I'm not sure if your Drax or E.T. and Elliot Forever anymore since the name change thread isn't updated anymore

All you have to do is click on anyone's screen name, which brings you to their profile page.  On their profile page, there is a circular arrow icon next to their name that shows you all the previous screen names they've had (since we installed the version of the board software that tracks that in ~2014ish)

On 6/28/2018 at 10:47 PM, Nick1066 said:

How has this setup worked out?  

So far, extremely well actually. The reciever is incredibly easy to use and has a stable, very strong system. The headphones are good too. Especially for the price range. 

5 hours ago, Jay said:

All you have to do is click on anyone's screen name, which brings you to their profile page.  On their profile page, there is a circular arrow icon next to their name that shows you all the previous screen names they've had (since we installed the version of the board software that tracks that in ~2014ish)

Take the elevator to the very bottom, then go to the left. Down the crewman passage. Then go right. Then left again at the stairs. You'll come to a long corridor.

So I have finally decided: AKG K702. Probably, I'll be ordering them next month, together with FiiO E10K headphone amp/DAC. Looking forward to sitting through some serious listening with that setup! :music:

• 2 weeks later...

Two reasons:

1)The price. QC 35 II is very expensive (around 350 Euro). I bought my second QC 25 for 120 Euro.

2) Battery of the 35 II is not removable. At one point that battery is going to die.