Headphones

bob23

4 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

1)The price. QC 35 II is very expensive (around 350 Euro). I bought my second QC 25 for 120 Euro.

That's a very good price! May I ask where you bought them?

4 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

2) Battery of the 35 II is not removable. At one point that battery is going to die.

I hate such constructions. Not user-friendly at all.

I bought mine from a guy in my neighbourhood who sold it brand new because he got the QC 35 II as a present. 

A MediaMarkt store in my city is selling them for 147 Euro but they are kinda sold out now.

57 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

I bought mine from a guy in my neighbourhood who sold it brand new because he got the QC 35 II as a present. 

A MediaMarkt store in my city is selling them for 147 Euro but they are kinda sold out now.

But can you replace the batteries on the QC 25?

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

How did these turn out for you?

Pretty safe choice. They have been around for ages and people seem to love them. Can't say a bad thing about them.

Karol

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t really look at specs other than to determine power requirements. 

Only way to realize a good pair of headphones is to put them on and see if they work for you. Trial and error. 

7 minutes ago, Lockdown said:

What specs do people usually look at to realize a good pair of headphones?

Different headphones cause different types of tinnitus.

You just need to pick which tone you want to have in your ear for the rest of your life.

When I'm at the supermarket, I do hate it when the personnel uses the intercom. It seems my tinnitus makes my ears sensitive for certain sounds. 

On 10/3/2018 at 7:42 PM, crocodile said:

Pretty safe choice. They have been around for ages and people seem to love them. Can't say a bad thing about them.

Karol

Well, ive ordered them. On your glowing recommendation!

This at better work, Karol!

7 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

I'll be avoiding you on the 26th then!

Karol

44 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

You're taking an awful risk Steef.  

• 3 weeks later...

Tip: For the keyboardists that hate the noisy key action of their keyboards (I know I do), with a pair of noise cancelling headphones, all you hear is the piano or the sound of the instrument itself. It's simply fantastic! I no longer can live without them.

Casque-a-reduction-de-bruit-Bose-QuietCo

Okay all and fellow Apple peeps, need some help here and at a loss as to how to search for this...

I gave my wife my iPod Classic and tonight I gave her the headphones that came with my iPhone X since I hate the apple headphones with a passion, always have...  Anyways the headphones that came with the iPhone X have the lightning cable as we all know.  Now can someone help me find an adapter so my wife can use those headphones with the iPod Classic?  Since the classic still has the old 3.5mm jack.

I'd appreciate the help.

• 4 weeks later...

Doesn't apple sell adaptors?

Anyways my earphone cord died and I bought this robust one to replace it. Fiio claims this high purity copper wire can improve sound quality

Anyone believes the cord can change a headphone's sound? (I am skeptical) .I only got it because iit looks like ti will last for years

https://www.fiio.com/productinfo/58098.html

You can't use lightning or USBC headphones from a headphone jack. They received digital information not analogue.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/14/2018 at 11:13 AM, Stefancos said:

How did this turn out for you?

On 11/8/2018 at 2:54 AM, Trent B said:

Okay all and fellow Apple peeps, need some help here and at a loss as to how to search for this...

I gave my wife my iPod Classic and tonight I gave her the headphones that came with my iPhone X since I hate the apple headphones with a passion, always have...  Anyways the headphones that came with the iPhone X have the lightning cable as we all know.  Now can someone help me find an adapter so my wife can use those headphones with the iPod Classic?  Since the classic still has the old 3.5mm jack.

I'd appreciate the help.

On 12/1/2018 at 4:14 PM, Jay said:

You can't use lightning or USBC headphones from a headphone jack. They received digital information not analogue.

I don't think that what you are trying to do is easily supported by devices on the market. Typically people use new devices with old accessories. You want to use old devices with new accessories. I can't find any cables with the right gender you need, specifically a male 3.5 mm plug to a female Lightning jack. 

I think you would need something like this, an adapter to convert the 30-pin digital port to the 8-pin Lightning port:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lightning-8-Pin-Female-To-30-Pin-Male-Adapter-For-iPhone-4S-iPad-2-3-iPod-Touch-/173476343137

I have not researched this beyond finding the link. I recommend that you do your own research, because the more devices you use with an iPod Classic, the more awkward it becomes. And it's awkward enough. 

• 1 month later...

So these are the ones I went for:

Astro Gaming - A50 Wireless Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset for Xbox One and Windows - Black and Green - Angle_Zoom

A bit on the pricey side, but I was living rent-free for awhile so I was able to afford these. The bass response is awesome, the simulated surround could be better but it suits my needs nicely. When gaming, the microphone is clear, not boomy. My only issue was with the wired set and the mixer. The connection was awful and the wire kept slipping out. I returned those and went with the wireless ones. 

It fits all my needs that I needed it to. However, if you are going to use it for gaming on a console, you have to choose which one you will use because the mix for the Xbox pair will not work with PS4 and vice versa.

You can, however, buy a separate base for the other console to fix that problem ($100).

The base plugs into an optical out (I have one in the computer and one in the TV). When I want to use them for the PC, I plug it into that. If I want to use it for movies or TV, I plug it into the TV. The surround works wonders and the bass response is nice enough. The charge lasts quite long, I have gone all day watching movies for 10+ hours and only towards the end of that needed to charge them. At that moment, you can just plug in a micro-usb wire into the headset and the nother end into a USB outlet and they will charge while being used.

Just switched from the ATH-MSR7 I bought in 2013 to… the ATH-MSR7b that's just been announced :)  I just love how these headphones sound. Soundstage is great, clarity is there and the most important thing : these are neutral, they don't boost bass of high frequencies, etc.

Type Dynamic
Driver Diameter 45 mm
Frequency Response 5-50,000 Hz
Sensitivity 101 dB/mW
Impedance

36 ohms

https://www.audio-technica.com/cms/headphones/c4d0e2fba2520405/index.html

ath_msr7b_gp_hir_1_sq.jpg

On 12/26/2018 at 6:08 PM, W0$ said:

I don't think that what you are trying to do is easily supported by devices on the market. Typically people use new devices with old accessories. You want to use old devices with new accessories. I can't find any cables with the right gender you need, specifically a male 3.5 mm plug to a female Lightning jack. 

I think you would need something like this, an adapter to convert the 30-pin digital port to the 8-pin Lightning port:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lightning-8-Pin-Female-To-30-Pin-Male-Adapter-For-iPhone-4S-iPad-2-3-iPod-Touch-/173476343137

I have not researched this beyond finding the link. I recommend that you do your own research, because the more devices you use with an iPod Classic, the more awkward it becomes. And it's awkward enough. 

Great thanks for that info.  I think that's exactly what I need.  When I'm able to I'll buy one.

• 5 months later...

I'll probably stick with this setup for the rest of my life. It's hard to imagine how rich and warm they sound while resolving the most minute detail unless you hear th

em( my best approximation is the Seinheiser HD 800 blanketed with a layer of lush warmness)  The Fiio K3 DAC also contributed to elevating them even higher than I thought possible

DSCN0509-001 (Medium).JPG

I prefer warm by a wide margin (but NOT "dark" where the details are obscured)

57 minutes ago, Dieter Stark said:

Grado? Those are so 10 years ago.

the technology hasn't evolved much .And the top choices from 10 years ago are still valid

2 hours ago, King Mark said:

I'll probably stick with this setup for the rest of my life. 

As long as you keep replacing those earpads, I'm okay with that.