Has anybody tried the 'Marker' method on their AOTC CD?

PetePan

Visit this German site CHIP Online where is explained how to mark the copyright protection of AOTC so you can play it on a computer. I only have a computer here, so I would like to try it, but of course I don't want to screw up my CD.

1854210_5e1900a4ef.jpg

On the AOTC CD I can't find such an area to mark....?

Has anyone tried this??

PetePan

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this will not work on the AOTC CD.

I think they use a different kind of technique here. I believe the CD must consist of that musicfree circle you see in the picture for it to work. AOTC doesn't have that.

well that's what I thought, on the other hand, the CD is quite long, 77 min. so maybe it's just a very small rim. But I don't see it...

PetePan, wandering if he needs glasses.

Hello fans out there,

I do not have any problems playing the recording on my comp.

It works fine with my burner ( LiteOn 1210 b /newest firmware) and with my DVD Rom (astra 2000 or st like that ).

I even had neither problems to make a copy with CloneCD nor with WinOnCD 5.

So what is this talk on cover about ? It work on my compi ;-))

And I do have my security-copy !

Greets to everybody and MTFBWY

geko

The first time I tried to listen to AOTC CD on my computer, it works until track 7.

After that, it never works again...

So in order to have this album in MP3 format, I had to record the entire tracks using "normal" CD player plugged on my soundcard.

So, I think that protect audio CD is totally useless, there is always another method for people who really want to copy a CD.

It plays on my comperter perfectly fine, and I play it all the time. I have no problems with it. I haven't tried to burn it yet, so I don't know if that'll work or not.

-Jason

So in order to have this album in MP3 format, I had to record the entire tracks using "normal" CD player plugged on my soundcard.  

So, I think that protect audio CD is totally useless, there is always another method for people who really want to copy a CD.

That method however reduces quality and would probably add hiss.

That's obvious, since the CD's released in the U.S. don't have this copy protection on it, as I understood. That's why the system doesn't work of course. Sony is simply discriminating people outside the U.S. !!

That method however reduces quality and would probably add hiss.

Not if you use the in-line entry...

Of course, you don't have to do that if you have the US releases.

My Episode II CDs (all 3 of them) play fine on my computer and I know someone who burned themselves a copy of another friends' CD.

But then again, I live in the U.S., so I might have a problem with copy-protection.

Dan - shutting up now.

The US version of the Attack of the Clones CD is not copy protected. That's why Jason and Dan can play there CD's in there computer without a problem.

I believe only the European versions of the disc are copy protected.

Neil

Because the malicious pirates inhabit Europe, not the US.

OR -- it could be old-fashioned American Imperialistic thinking or intense prejudice

Dan - who just lives here

Copy protection in general was introduced in Europe before the US. Not that I keep up with politics overseas, but we've got at least one legislator here in the US who wants to limit or ban copy protection schemes (VA people; vote for Rick Boucher next time you have a chance...). So there's probably less resistance over there. (Europe has many more things like security cameras in public places, etc. as well)