James Newton Howard thread

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, SyncMan said:

JHN will conduct the Philadelphia Orchestra in a one-night only concert this Sep 20th, 2024 in Philadelphia, PA

https://www.philorch.org/performances/our-season/events-and-tickets/2024-2025-season/verizon-hall/night-after-night/

Great event to promote the new album!

1 hour ago, SyncMan said:

JHN will conduct the Philadelphia Orchestra in a one-night only concert this Sep 20th, 2024 in Philadelphia, PA

https://www.philorch.org/performances/our-season/events-and-tickets/2024-2025-season/verizon-hall/night-after-night/

Aww man, I’d love to go to this.

• 4 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

For me that's all I need from that film series. Beautiful selection and performances. 

Same here! All I ever need of those scores. I've touted that album a few times over the last couple of years.

Listening now and totally agree - it's a nicely performed selection. My only observation would be that tracks 3-5 are a bit heavy on Rue's theme. Very little from the second half of the album is in my playlist as I didn't particularly go for either score, so a re-recording is an interesting alternative way in.

• 1 month later...

A JNH concert sounds great, but clicking at the link, only post-millennium scores are mentioned in the blurb, which I (for the most part) find underwhelming. If this had focussed on the 80s and 90s stuff, I'd be totally envious of anyone able to attend.

• 4 weeks later...

Any update on the night after night phily concert? Tickets aren't on sale by the looks of it. I might fly from the UK if I can.

On 27/03/2024 at 8:47 AM, Thor said:

A JNH concert sounds great, but clicking at the link, only post-millennium scores are mentioned in the blurb, which I (for the most part) find underwhelming. If this had focussed on the 80s and 90s stuff, I'd be totally envious of anyone able to attend.

I'm sure they just put anything popular sounding. For sure he'll make the selection and have some dinosaur and treasure planet type stuff in there too.