!Hans Zimmer Official Website --- Coming Soon!

macuser02

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's another way of saying did you build this website or was it somebody else did it??? (if you don't what the word create means as in "creation")

Remote Control Productions LLC

1547 14th Street

Santa Monica, CA 90404

US

Domain Name: HANSZIMMER.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:

Remote Control Productions LLC office@rcprods.com

1547 14th Street

Santa Monica, CA 90404

US

310-260-3171 fax: 999 999 9999

Record expires on 01-Mar-2012.

Record created on 13-Jan-2007.

Bulk whois optout: N

Database last updated on 27-Jan-2007 05:41:34 EST.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.WORLDNIC.COM 205.178.190.1

NS2.WORLDNIC.COM 205.178.189.1

it LOOKS official!

I wouldn't have a clue...BUT it is definitely is Hans Zimmer playing in background...somebody else here might recognize it.

anyone know the music played in the background of the site?

It is from "Black Hawk Down", but I don't remember exactly what track it is.

Synchrotone

I went to that MySpace link, and was listening to some of the clips, including the one from As Good as It Gets...wow. It's almost a carbon copy of "Dinner With Amelia" from The Terminal (except that it was composed seven years earlier). Has this been mentioned before? It was actually shocking to hear. I wonder if the film was temp-tracked with it, and Spielberg asked Williams to write something very similar.

Ray Barnsbury - still surprised

I went to that MySpace link, and was listening to some of the clips, including the one from As Good as It Gets...wow. It's almost a carbon copy of "Dinner With Amelia" from The Terminal (except that it was composed seven years earlier). Has this been mentioned before? It was actually shocking to hear. I wonder if the film was temp-tracked with it, and Spielberg asked Williams to write something very similar.

Well, I wouldn't say carbon copy, but certainly similar feel and inturmentation. And it was mentioned when we first heard the clips from The Terminal.

OH MY GOD,

Can't wait for this, really I can't,

finally something else for me to amuse myself over.

Ridicule material just doesn't come this easy most of the time.

First time I ever heard something from Black Hawk Dawn. Is this supposed to be one of those great Zimmer scores that "will be remembered"?

Sounds like an expanded version of a Windows error message signal. Maybe Zimmer should record the tunes for the next version of Windows. I know he could do that.

Have you even seen the film? As the piece is not indicative of the rest of the score and, well, the score is terrific in the film.

Oh, and @Joe: Can't wait for your pearls of wisdom!

I don't need to hear the whole score, let alone sit through the entire film, when a John Williams fan calls this "Synchrotone" track great.

That's the entire story right there.

I don't need to hear the whole score, let alone sit through the entire film, when a John Williams fan calls this "Synchrotone" track great.

Wow

Well, I wouldn't say carbon copy, but certainly similar feel and inturmentation. And it was mentioned when we first heard the clips from The Terminal.

It's just weird...I wouldn't normally expect Williams to be so heavily inspired by Zimmer (whether he was asked to directly or not).

Ray Barnsbury

That is weird i mean that clip "As Good as It Gets" from that myspace does sound like "Dinner With Amelia" from The Terminal....

I haven't heard the whole "As Good As It Gets" score, but I know the whole title track. It is definitely similar to what JW has done in "Terminal", however, when compared is not as good as the latter.

I like the "BHD" score very much. It is one of my favourite HZ and co.'s scores. It is an interesting mix of rock, african flavour, and traditional zimmeresque orchestral approach. There is a beautiful song "Gortoz A Ran - J'Attends" written by Denez Prigent, which alone makes the album worth buying. For me Zimmer is one of few people who can combine so many different elements and still come up with a coherent album. And I don't care that he didn't write the whole material himself.

There's an enlightened view. Rejecting a great film with a good score because a JW fan called 'Synchrotone' great.

You do realise we have a limited time on this earth, don't you? You've got to draw the line *somewhere*.

I've already wasted too much time on the Star Wars prequels and Hans Zimmer threads, and although both are usually good for a laugh or two, eventually I have to make up for them.

You do realise we have a limited time on this earth, don't you? You've got to draw the line *somewhere*.

I've already wasted too much time on the Star Wars prequels and Hans Zimmer threads, and although both are usually good for a laugh or two, eventually I have to make up for them.

And a wise decision it is. Instead of broadening the horizon, let's flogging all the pretty TDH's (truly dead horses) til they're leveled to the ground.

Most people here and elsewhere seemingly just cut'n paste the same answers since the start of the new millenium.

'The only good scores he EVER wrote were 'Krull' and 'Star Trek II'!!'...does this ring a bell?

Will it help if I state that

1) My saying 'I love that track' doesn't mean I think it's musically great, just that I enjoy playing it.

2) 'Sychotrone' is not the best track in the score. 'Bakara', 'Tribal War' or 'Leave no Man Behind' are some highlights. Again, for me.

There, does that redefine your universe?

I think after the first 10 to 15 Zimmer scores one can get an idea of what he's all about and besides there many more interesting and good composers to discuss.

Yeah, I only skimmed Mark's post the first time around, and wrote a reply that had nothing to do with his post. Let my mistake be a lesson to all you kids out there- DON'T DO DRUGS!

And a wise decision it is. Instead of broadening the horizon, let's flogging all the pretty TDH's (truly dead horses) til they're leveled to the ground.

Are you seriously saying that listening to yet another "yet another" Zimmer score broadens your horizon? By that definition, I should arrive at the end of the rainbow when I get Pan's Labyrinth tomorrow.

But seriously, I've listened to about 7 different Zimmer scores spanning 10 years, and without a shadow of doubt in my mind I can say that Mr. Remote Control has nothing else to tell me, neither in the future, nor in those parts of the past I haven't explored yet.

And by the way, in my humble opinion, the whole prequel trilogy turned out to be the biggest turkey of the 20th century, so I think they're good for a couple more years of bashing.

I think you misread Mark's post.

Well, I think you and I make excellent points. Time will tell who is right.

I agree with Steef.

Just what we need...another yes man. I wonder, has Stefan got you to do his laundry yet?

But seriously, I've listened to about 7 different Zimmer scores spanning 10 years, and without a shadow of doubt in my mind I can say that Mr. Remote Control has nothing else to tell me, neither in the future, nor in those parts of the past I haven't explored yet.

That is total rubbish. 7 out of 90+ won't tell you anything about a guy's talent, or lack-there-of. It is understandable that you have no desire to listen further, but you cannot pretend to speak authorotatively on a composer if you don't know what you're really talking about.

So do I have to listen to all 90+ Zimmer scores to "be qualified" in your eyes? Have you listened to all those drivels?

7 (or 8, I'm not quite sure at the moment) scores that reach from the 90s to 2006 can tell you a hell of a lot about a composer. It tells me how he constructs his music. And when those constructs are as boring in 2006 as they were 10 years earlier, I'm quite sure the rest isn't very worthwhile.

And I'm not going to look forever just to eventually find one score that makes me think of Hans Zimmer as slightly less a hack.

Hey, I'm just saying that you can't expect to be taken seriously basing your bashing on 7 scores, just like bashing a score based on one track.

Well, with Zimmer the few truly great scores are so seldom found in between much remote control (:() stuff, that gkgyver would have a good chance to miss them entirely when only knowing 8 or 9 ;)

there is no such thing as a truly great zimmer score there is only avg, bad and worse