"...The Empire Strikes Back is always written about as the best of the films, when it actually was the worst one."

Lurker

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somehow you all manage to miss the point... then again that's easy for people on this forum because no one here really cares or bothers to try to understand things... but then again who am I to judge...

My whole point in what I was saying is that compared to EVERY OTHER Star Wars...Empire FEELS different... a lot different...

A lot of the creative choices are also odd... some of the story line and actual lines feel very... almost like they're mokcing the original in certain aspects...

Since we all know how GL feels about the Star Wars films being HIS vision above everything else, it would only make sense that he'd dislike it the most becuase it does diverge from his vision the most.

Now, for better or for worse it's not for me to see... which I didn't say btw if you'd read it... all I said was to try to understand it...

Yes audiences liked it... but it moved more away from the story than the feelings of the others... and that's probably why GL didn't like it.

If anyone had BOTHERED to read what I said, they'd understand that...

Whether it deviates from Lucas' vision is meaningless. It's a beautifully shot, directed, edited, acted and scored film. Too bad there weren't more like it afterwards. Lucas just seems bitter that he couldn't do better.

Somehow you all manage to miss the point... then again that's easy for people on this forum because no one here really cares or bothers to try to understand things... but then again who am I to judge...

My whole point in what I was saying is that compared to EVERY OTHER Star Wars...Empire FEELS different... a lot different...

A lot of the creative choices are also odd... some of the story line and actual lines feel very... almost like they're mokcing the original in certain aspects...

Since we all know how GL feels about the Star Wars films being HIS vision above everything else, it would only make sense that he'd dislike it the most becuase it does diverge from his vision the most.

Now, for better or for worse it's not for me to see... which I didn't say btw if you'd read it... all I said was to try to understand it...

Yes audiences liked it... but it moved more away from the story than the feelings of the others... and that's probably why GL didn't like it.

If anyone had BOTHERED to read what I said, they'd understand that...

If we didn't care we wouldn't be posting in this thread. I can't speak for others but I did read your post and I disagree with you.

TESB is different because it is handled by a competent director and no "Yes" men. It took what made SW successful and added to it. It gave us more depth, more emotion and took the the small opening that Lucas gave us at the end of SW and and expanded upon it.

They are not mocking Star Wars, they are giving more depth to the storyline. The humor is not forced and it feels natural. Granted the film takes on a darker tone and that might be what Lucas was unhappy about.

If you want to talk about mocking then ROTJ is the film to complain about.