2nd Annual Soncinemad Madrid Film Music Festival

BigMacGyver

And David Newman doesn't seem to be going to Soncinemad, unfortunately.

BigMacGyver, those events are really well documented (almost every attendant with a camera in their hands). The concert is recorded by RTVE (Spanish Public Television), to be later aired on TV.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newman is not yet confirmed officially but I heard from a very reliable source that he will be there too!

BigMacGyver, those events are really well documented (almost every attendant with a camera in their hands). The concert is recorded by RTVE (Spanish Public Television), to be later aired on TV.

Well, that's fine but I want to document the whole thing with a good camera, produce a docu about the event and publish my production on the net if that's allowed. And I am sure many people don't have access to spanish tv.

Oh, never heard about the P2P programs? :lol: I've got last year's concerts on DVD :) recorded from TV. But it's something good what you're planning to do! A documentary about the event, the composers, the fans... that can be interesting, very interesting, and rarely done.

The only thing I know is that you can't use any camera in the concerts.

Yeah, they had Newman, and they also had Doyle... but it all depends on the schedules of the composers. They may have arranged something, and then withdraw it the following week.

It's John Williams isn't it?

No, rumors point to JNH (but, well, it's more rumors than anything)

Anyway, on a side note, the Barcelona Symphony Orchestra tried to approach John Williams for a concert not long ago, and he (his manager or whoever) didn't even reply to their request.

• 9 years later...

I am looking for the Soncinemad concert performance of the Beowulf main theme by Silvestri. It is an extended version. It begins at the end of the first video and runs through the second video with a portion missing in the middle and overall not good quality. Can I buy this somewhere?