The Adventures of Tintin MOVIE Anticipation thread (News, Interviews, Images, Posters, etc)

TownerFan

Tickets have been up for a long time over here. The midnight premiere still isn't sold out on Fandango. Neither was KotCS on the morning of the premiere (by evening it was), but I have a feeling that there might only be 10-20 people in my theatre tonight.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can buy tickets to a digital/3d showing at a "normal" theater 5 minutes down the house from me, but I wanted to go the extra mile and go to the IMAX screen in Providence (about 20 minutes from me) for this one movie. Looks like I might not be able to.

Oh, I see. I would just go for the normal theatre, before tickets sell out. My IMAX theatres aren't even showing Tintin until tomorrow morning, so it was an easy decision for me.

UPDATE! The Providence IMAX screen won't even be getting it - they are going to keep playing MI4 there tomorrow. The "regular" movie theater next door will have a screen showing it in 3D and a screen showing it in 2D.... so now I can choose I guess.

The theater in my town is ONLY showing it in 3D.

It opens tomorrow, so of course no one is showing it till tomorrow morning? I was never talking about seeing it tonight.

You're lucky, I see no midnight premieres anywhere near me!

UPDATE 2: It's showing on the IMAX screen in Randolph, MA (about 30 minutes from me)

So I can:

1. See it in 3D 5 minutes from my house

2. See it in 2D 20 minutes from my house

3. See it in IMAX 3D 30 minutes from my house

hmmmm.

Turns out the IMAX screen in Randolph is only showing it at 11am and 145pm, meaning I'd have to wait till the weekend to see it in IMAX.

So I'll be seeing it at a "regular" theater tomorrow night, in either 3D or 2D. I might see 2D tomorrow, and save the 3D experience for a second viewing at an IMAX theater, rather than seeing it in 3D twice.

I would never go to a movie converted to 3D after the fact unless I had no choice, but since this film was shot and rendered for 3D from the getgo I will definitely be seeing it in 3D at some point... though I'm sure all future home viewings will be in 2D. Not a fan of 3D at home even if it was shot that way.

Turns out the IMAX screen in Randolph is only showing it at 11am and 145pm, meaning I'd have to wait till the weekend to see it in IMAX.

So I'll be seeing it at a "regular" theater tomorrow night, in either 3D or 2D. I might see 2D tomorrow, and save the 3D experience for a second viewing at an IMAX theater, rather than seeing it in 3D twice.

The movie is really good in 2D as well. Go for it.

A new Spielberg/Williams collaboration on the big screen is a very exciting moment indeed! Getting 2 within 4 days is just marvelous.