The Big Bad Top Gear Thread

robthehand

He's now categorised as Serious but Stable.....and it has been confirmed that the roll-cage haeld and there were no "Intrusions" into the cockpit - injuries are internal.....

Greg - who lives near Mr Hammond and hopes the cool bloke pulls through.....

Oh - Rich UK - he no longer presents Braniac! Vic Reeves has taken over.....

Well, it's looking good now:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-20064...6440317,00.html

IN the wee small hours of Thursday night, just 30 hours after what is almost certainly the world’s fastest ever car crash, Richard Hammond suddenly sat up in bed, opened his eyes and asked what had happened.

“You’ve been in a car accident,” I said. “Was I driving like a tw*t?” he asked, before getting out of bed and walking, shakily, to the lavatory.

His wife, Mindy, couldn’t believe her eyes. None of us could. It really did seem that he’d had a look through death’s door and decided he didn’t like what he saw on the other side.

Later, he looked across at James May and said: “Hello C**k face.”

Despite all the odds, it seemed we’d got our Hamster back . . .

• 4 months later...

I see.

Also, nice one on Hammond saying "you will see me driving really fast... or having the worst accident you've seen in your life" (or something to that effect) before taking off. Ouch.

Watched Top Gear on Dutch TV just now. Not only did they cut about 10 minutes from the episode so they could put in commercials, they, for some reason also removed all the music from Apollo 13 for the segment were Jeremy drives a twin turbo Audi V8 from London to Edinburough and back one one tank of fuel.

Strangly enough though music from Predator, Total Recall and Were Eagles there is left in?

Maybe it's a rights issue?

Good use of music on that show, btw. Last week's episode on the Beeb had music from 24 (fitting of course, as the whole we-can-fix-your-road-in-24-hours segment had a bunch of 24 references in it), and I think there was something else I recognized, but I can't remember what it was.

I don't watch it on Dutch TV. Lousy commercials and isn't it also still in ruddy fullscreen? Baah!

I missed the use of Apollo 12 music because Clarkson actually parodied the film in that sege

At time the film music they choose is spot on. At one point they even played some Michael Kamen music when the three presenters were arguing about who should drive a kit car, ala Lethal Weapon style.

A pity through that ever piece of LOTR music they ever used came from the Silva Screen re-recording, not the OST's.

Nice show again tonight. I should keep watching this just for the music. Was that an unreleased piece from 24 I heard there? ;)

EDIT: Just realized that bit of music wasn't from 24. It's from Heat. Nice use of the Braveheart theme, though. :P

And some bitchin' cars they had, too.

OK last nights episode was hilarious. Not particulary consumer oriented perhaps, going the the south in the USA and drive around in 3 terrible 20 year old American cars, but it sure is funny.

Highlights: The Stig's American cousin, the roadkill squirl, the roadkill cow and driving around in Alabama with Hillary For President painted on your car :lol:

OK last nights episode was hilarious. Not particulary consumer oriented perhaps, going the the south in the USA and drive around in 3 terrible 20 year old American cars, but it sure is funny.

Highlights: The Stig's American cousin, the roadkill squirl, the roadkill cow and driving around in Alabama with Hillary For President painted on your car :lol:

It was great. I liked how they sabotaged May's air conditioning as well.

And the drive through Alabama was hilarious.

"What d'you think you're doing? You're in a hick town!"

• 3 weeks later...

Yes that show is really funny. I don't care about cars "at all", but it is just the character of Clarkson and the way they have been doing these "out and about" episodes which is hilarious. I saw the American drive one too, and it was a real eye opener when they parked up in that gas station and that woman "got the boys". I thought the Dukes of Hazzard was just a myth until that happened. Saw some of that "limo" episode last night too. Good stuff :|

I downloaded the one episode I missed of this season today and watched it. I have to agree with Clarkson. Attempting to turn a Robin car into a space shuttle really is a genuinely stupid idea.

Makes for hilarious viewing, though.

"How are you gonna use it again?!" :|

Shame there were only six episodes.

Yes that show is really funny. I don't care about cars "at all", but it is just the character of Clarkson and the way they have been doing these "out and about" episodes which is hilarious. I saw the American drive one too, and it was a real eye opener when they parked up in that gas station and that woman "got the boys". I thought the Dukes of Hazzard was just a myth until that happened. Saw some of that "limo" episode last night too. Good stuff :|

You might be suprised at what you find in the deep south here in the ole USA.

It took a few of my kinsmen and me to lift up above the fireplace. We are a strong people.

• 2 months later...

Top Gear uses music from many kinds of genres or sources (soundtrack, pop, techno, classical etc...etc).

So on occasion you hear a bit of music that sounds nice but you cannot place. Anyone here happen to know what the following 2 pieces are?

th_Nieuw01.jpg

th_Nieuw02.jpg

The first clip is 'Will You Follow Me?' from Rob Dougan's album 'Furious Angels'.

The second clip is something else from the same album. I'll have a title for you shortly.

Has John Towner Williams' music ever been on Top Gear? What about Hans Zimmer?

I have only watched the show sporadically.

Well come on Stefancos, make yourself useful.