Evolution (Rejected Score)

Dr. Jones

Well I don't believe it...

I just found some tracks at Soulseek .. I've downloaded some of them.. and I#m not familiar with this music at all.

Well it's not the Original Score by John Powell

I have Track 1 and 2... then I lost the connection to the user

As I think it's pretty sure a fake. I can mail it to you if you're interested

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only score ever that JW has ever had rejected is his score for the Color Purple, and thats really not a rejecton, its just that Spielberg had to agree to Quincy Jones who turned in a servicable score, though John's is better, its one of my most played bootlegs.

it always seems weird when the director or producer composes music for a film. The only CD I have where this happens is Spy Kids 2: Island of the Lost Dreams, and that is one of my least favorite scores I own. Anybody who owns Eastwood's latest scores know if he's any good?

The only score ever that JW has ever had rejected is his score for the Color Purple, and thats really not a rejecton, its just that Spielberg had to agree to Quincy Jones who turned in a servicable score, though John's is better, its one of my most played bootlegs.

OK, Joe, whatever...

Williams was kind of rejected, not for a score he wrote, but for one he adapted: Previn's The Swinger. As it was, only the title song, with lyrics by Dori Previn ended in the film.

In the concert field, Williams' song cycle Seven for Luck, was not performed by the original dedicate singer, Katheleen Battle, on the grounds that it was too dificult. As it was Battle expected something on the level of Home Alone (lovely songs, of course, but not as hard...), and when she got the score refused to sing it.

OK, Joe, whatever...

Williams was kind of rejected, not for a score he wrote, but for one he adapted: Previn's The Swinger. As it was, only the title song, with lyrics by Dori Previn ended in the film.

In the concert field, Williams' song cycle Seven for Luck, was not performed by the original dedicate singer, Katheleen Battle, on the grounds that it was too dificult. As it was Battle expected something on the level of Home Alone (lovely songs, of course, but not as hard...), and when she got the score refused to sing it.

Really? Very interesting! I didn't know "Seven for Luck" were originally intended for Kathleen Battle! Oh, dear, she's a monster from what I hear, and is currently having a hard time finding employment in the opera world because everyone fears her and her temper (a rather fitting last name, apparently).

Regarding the song cycle:

During my first year of Master's at the Manhattan School of Music (2003), I was living next door to a fabulous, very up-and-coming singer by the name Jacquelyn Wagner. I gave her a copy of "Seven for Luck", and she won a competition to do it with the school orchestra. However,as fate would have it, her career sort of took of before she had a chance to do them in anything but the Piano/Vocal version, but she sang them absolutely gorgeously. And they are great songs, truly wonderful settings of Rita Dove's poetry. I've never quite agreed with John Williams when he claims not to be a "vocal composer". He happens to be one of the very best ones!

OK, Joe, whatever...

Really? Very interesting! I didn't know "Seven for Luck" were originally intended for Kathleen Battle! Oh, dear, she's a monster from what I hear, and is currently having a hard time finding employment in the opera world because everyone fears her and her temper (a rather fitting last name, apparently).

Regarding the song cycle:

During my first year of Master's at the Manhattan School of Music (2003), I was living next door to a fabulous, very up-and-coming singer by the name Jacquelyn Wagner. I gave her a copy of "Seven for Luck", and she won a competition to do it with the school orchestra. However,as fate would have it, her career sort of took of before she had a chance to do them in anything but the Piano/Vocal version, but she sang them absolutely gorgeously. And they are great songs, truly wonderful settings of Rita Dove's poetry. I've never quite agreed with John Williams when he claims not to be a "vocal composer". He happens to be one of the very best ones!

My feelings exactly. I only heard the three songs recorded with the Pops, but they are marvelous. I hope that Williams and Sony do go forward with their plans to record this.

JW wrote a score to the Color Purple? Wow! I didnt know that. ;)

The "W" in "Williams" is a capital letter all right, but what about the "J" in John? And the © symbol should go next to "Academy Award", not "Winning", which is a term that is not registered as far as I know.

Steef, I thought you paid attention when you designed your covers, regardless of how fake and ill-intended they may be.

He got rejected his adaptations and conducting(?). But since one track features in the movie, he was not rejected. ;) Its a collaboration between different composers

Wait, wait, wait.....did someone named 'indy4' just call Stefancos a liar?

He did? Really? Call our grand Master a liar? Seriously?

Well, then... let's kill that someone named 'indy4'... you know, just in case this becomes a usual practice, to call Stefan a liar...